blue post about pet damnage

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
would be nice if they made a statement about the chd pet dmng changes and if they are here to stay or not
04/09/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Bogy
would be nice if they made a statement about the chd pet dmng changes and if they are here to stay or not

The only thing they need to change is Wrath of the Protector, everything else is fine with CHD. I hope its staying.

I agree we really need a blue post about it.
whether it stays or not depends on whether it's a bug which depends on the amount of complaints posted in General.
Considering it applies to all classes AND Witch Doctor pets weren't viable resulting in it being the least played class AND Blizzard didn't hotfix it I'm just going to assume they already have spoken by their actions.
04/09/2014 06:02 PMPosted by Fearpoint
Witch Doctor pets weren't viable resulting in it being the least played class
lol what a load of bs

would be rly nice to know if this will still work for wd pets , monk summon, barb ancients or dh pets n sentries
04/09/2014 06:24 PMPosted by Bogy
Witch Doctor pets weren't viable resulting in it being the least played class
lol what a load of bs

would be rly nice to know if this will still work for wd pets , monk summon, barb ancients or dh pets n sentries

You need several specific legendary items to make pets viable pre patch.

Now you don't.

I don't know what is "bs" about that fact, pal.

It's a pet class. They were doing horrible damage previously. The only reason they were used was for blocking enemies so you could use your other abilities to deal damage.

Cool level 60 witch doctor, Bruv.
04/09/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Fearpoint
04/09/2014 06:24 PMPosted by Bogy
... lol what a load of bs

You need several specific legendary items to make pets viable pre patch.

Now you don't.

I don't know what is "bs" about that fact, pal.

It's a pet class. They were doing horrible damage previously. The only reason they were used was for blocking enemies so you could use your other abilities to deal damage.

Cool level 60 witch doctor, Bruv.

Pets were weak, pre-patch. But, to say THAT is the reason it is the least played class... I'll call BS on that. Pets are not "the reason" for WD low representation numbers. There is a collage of reasons for why WD is so underplayed.

Note the pet build and 50%+ playtime on my WD. :)
Considering it applies to all classes AND Witch Doctor pets weren't viable resulting in it being the least played class AND Blizzard didn't hotfix it I'm just going to assume they already have spoken by their actions.

d3v wd pets dont do dmg at all.

THis have to be a bug.
umm... actually i would more like to know why WD pets are WAY more squishy now.. they are getting one shotted in T5 unlike before. andin T4 they get wiped by AoEs like frozen way too easily.

Frankly speaking... Spirit bears > pets still in higher Ts. no offense but i guarantee you that my bears build would faceroll any pet build in terms of speed/efficiency. and the worst part is my favorite build is the pet build.

On the other hand... I love playing my crusader these days x.X still feels clunky and slow.... but maybe thats how it was designed? for sure as hell cant do much alone.. but in a party... ... muahahhahahahahahaha T5 melts

Wish granted. :)

This is indeed an intended change, and the amount of benefit provided to pets does not have a cap. Critical Hit Damage now scales for all pets, from Witch Doctors to Demon Hunters. This actually also includes stationary pets, such as Sentries and Hydras.

Apologies for the delay in communication on this one, but we always want to be sure the information we're providing is full and accurate, and it took me some time to check with all the appropriate folks that this was an actual change and not a bug. We'll be updating the patch notes to reflect this information as well.
What? If it's an intended change I'm going back to my WD and getting all Crit Damage up. It's too powerful. WD are currently top class now.
From all the WDs, thank you.
04/09/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Wish granted. :)

This is indeed an intended change, and the amount of benefit provided to pets does not have a cap. Critical Hit Damage now scales for all pets, from Witch Doctors to Demon Hunters. This actually also includes stationary pets, such as Sentries and Hydras.

Apologies for the delay in communication on this one, but we always want to be sure the information we're providing is full and accurate, and it took me some time to check with all the appropriate folks that this was an actual change and not a bug. We'll be updating the patch notes to reflect this information as well.

+1 I noticed my wolves were doing a lot more dps than normal :D
What about the familiar? :P
04/09/2014 07:08 PMPosted by Psijic
What? If it's an intended change I'm going back to my WD and getting all Crit Damage up. It's too powerful. WD are currently top class now.

So what if WD is top class atm? It has to be someone.
Can we get this same thing to apply to followers as well? Seems unnecessary to have a cap of 150% crit damage on them when you can get 100% on the follower token alone.

shard of hate + thunderfury barb says hello

eh? you joking right? it just evens us up. my wiz trounces my WD in any build except for the bears + wraps build. Good luck doing well with just pets build in T4/5 as they will all just wipe the floor from Aoes... I find myself having to use ghost trance now on my BBV in T5 when using a pets build which reduces my dps output by a ton ><
Wizards Mirror Images are finally critting! YAY!
Is fetish sycophants losing their special pet damage absorption intended?

I believe every other pet spawned from an ability in the game has this, it seems to exist to protect pets from dodge or die abilities a lot of mobs have (such as everything malthael dies) since pets are stupid and we can't command them away.

Their death rate is pretty ridiculous atm.