2.0.4 Patch destroyed me!! I give up.

General Discussion
Just before the patch I found a set plan I though was awesome, and so I dedicated myself to it, to craft several of these high end gems needed for the blacksmith to make the set pieces.

They are insanely expensive, and foolishly I ended up using ALL my gold I ever collected since before Reaper of Souls, and actually just didn't have enough to make the final gem yet.
I don't have gold from AH like many others, I only had the gold I picked up through all the time I played.

Then today I see the patch notes, and now the set plan requires a cheeper gem than those I made ready in my stash to craft set pieces today...................................................................the Diamond and Ruby gems I have been crafting are now 100% useless (and I'm a Demon Hunter btw, so have no other use for them)...................................................................................................................................................................

I used all my gold on a material I no longer need due to patch. I can no longer craft the set pieces because I don't have the right gems, I can't make the set, I'm 100% broke with barely enough for repairs, and I feel like my account got destroyed.

I hope nobody made the same stupid mistake as me and ruined their account.
I lost all incentive to play, so here it is...goodbye :(
Thanks for the story. Goodbye! :)
I found this Q
go farm normal for an hour or two. youll find plenty of gems and enough gold to cover repair costs and start rebuilding.
04/09/2014 04:20 AMPosted by Gabriel
Diamond and Ruby gems I have been crafting are now 100% useless

You can always use the diamond for AR and the ruby for XP if you have a helm with socket.

Otherwise a barb/crus alt would love a max-lvl ruby.
bye bye
04/09/2014 04:20 AMPosted by Gabriel
Just before the patch I found a set plan I though was awesome, and so I dedicated myself to it, to craft several of these high end gems needed for the blacksmith to make the set pieces.

They are insanely expensive, and foolishly I ended up using ALL my gold I ever collected since before Reaper of Souls, and actually just didn't have enough to make the final gem yet.
I don't have gold from AH like many others, I only had the gold I picked up through all the time I played.

Then today I see the patch notes, and now the set plan requires a cheeper gem than those I made ready in my stash to craft set pieces today...................................................................the Diamond and Ruby gems I have been crafting are now 100% useless (and I'm a Demon Hunter btw, so have no other use for them)...................................................................................................................................................................

I used all my gold on a material I no longer need due to patch. I can no longer craft the set pieces because I don't have the right gems, I can't make the set, I'm 100% broke with barely enough for repairs, and I feel like my account got destroyed.

I hope nobody made the same stupid mistake as me and ruined their account.
I lost all incentive to play, so here it is...goodbye :(

I was faced with a similar situation, and said to myself "is it worth blowing all my gold right now to take a random shot at some craft, or should I wait until I have plenty of gold to spare, and I'm bleeding gems before I can craft those high end items?" I decided to wait and only craft stuff that didn't require me to spend every gold coin I have in the bank and to spend more than I could really afford to.

You screwed up... it's upsetting, but eventually you can get over it. You can use those gems on an alt char eventually when you get bored with your DH.
The gold is not real. Nor are the gems,mats,or anything. It's just a game op,just play it. Or just don't.
Or you could just man up and farm again, do some T1 rifts, I get like 40-50 gems a run not to mention 2+ million gold per rift, failing to see what the problem is here.
your pofile doesn't even exist son
If you didn't had money before the RoS, I don't see why you are so upset about that. Like me, you have been suffering from that every day, on every thing. Be making a gem, enchanting stats, repairing items and so on.

But guess what? I always find a way to make money. The game never ends just because you don't have the money to do anything.

Keep playing! Keep farming! That is what makes this game fun! The possibility to find a great item on every corner.

Play it for FUN. Not to have the best or anything like that.

Do not give up just because you are out of money. You can easily get 1m to 2m in an hour doing rifts.
... I'm a Demon Hunter btw, so have no other use for them...

I'm pretty sure you only play one.

So go play another class!
Oh boo hoo cry me a river and build a bridge to get over it.
I lol at people who think "holy crap, I wanna be the first to get this high level craft ! dur dur dur"

then the cost gets nerfed for all of us poor bastard who could not afford it and then the QQer wants to /wrist ....

I can't help but laugh at how pathetic this situation is and the poor decisions involved. I hope their budget is not as bad as their ressource management in game.
Glad I foresaw this coming and didn't upgrade my gems.
04/09/2014 04:55 AMPosted by Mech1
The gold is not real. Nor are the gems,mats,or anything. It's just a game op,just play it. Or just don't.

Yeah but you play to have fun making progress or work towards a goal.
Diablo takes an insane amount of time.
I just wasted all my time on nothing. It's hard to find any motivation or incentive to continue to play after such experience.
And no I don't want to level an alt, and no, getting gold takes a long time for me. I only had the gold I found from the ground over a long long period of play.
Protip: For something like gems that you can manufacture at any time, never craft in advance. Wait until you're actually going to use them before you craft them.

Gems are not the only thing this advice applies to, btw.
04/09/2014 05:05 AMPosted by Taerra
I lol at people who think "holy crap, I wanna be the first to get this high level craft ! dur dur dur"

then the cost gets nerfed for all of us poor bastard who could not afford it and then the QQer wants to /wrist ....

I can't help but laugh at how pathetic this situation is and the poor decisions involved. I hope their budget is not as bad as their ressource management in game.

People on this forum really are horrible people.
04/09/2014 05:03 AMPosted by Derplord
... I'm a Demon Hunter btw, so have no other use for them...

I'm pretty sure you only play one.

So go play another class!

no you see you're not supposed to, according to this forum

you're supposed to spend 2000 hours grinding out BIS gear on the same class.

what do you think this is... some casual game? LOL
While I can understand your frustration, it's incredibly easy to jump into any game and make some quick cash - at least enough for repairs. Farm some normal bounty bags for upgrades if you're truly in dire straights. So all in all I really don't feel that bad for you.