Anybody else... bored?

General Discussion
I have my fair share of gripes and complaints about this game (probably more than most), but that still hasn't stopped me from playing the game. But now I'm just getting straight up bored. There will always be room for improvement in any game, but the game should still be fun to play, regardless of its downfalls. There just anything to do anymore. The fun is very quickly fading and I find myself playing less and less every day. That's just so sad to me when I think about how much fun I used to have with the previous games in this franchise. Anyways, I know there's a hundred different "I quit" threads, but this isn't to say I'm rage quitting--it's just me realizing that this game has lost the core idea behind a game: FUN.
Not a fun game
Not even close to bored. This game has utterly sapped my will to play any of my other usuals, because all I want to do is play D3. Eventually I'll burn out, as I usually do with games I binge play for weeks on end, but I'm nowhere near that point yet.
Im also bored. Bored as hell.
Boring..

Itemization still fail.
And it is unfixable..
This game is soo screwed.
Do you realize that everyone wants socket on weapon.
Its because critical damage.
This game are so heavily emphasizing on crits, mainstat and vitality that it is a no brainer that ever item should have those...
I'm taking a break because I will burn myself out on the game if I play all the time (like I want to) to get the gear.

I'm content with the game, but I can see how easily it is to become bored. With RNG keeping drops to a minimum (at least for me anyways, run rifts, hardly see anything) and with my friends having already stopped playing RoS then the reasoning for me to keep up with the game is little to none.

I love the Diablo franchise, and D3 is really great and I want to keep playing, but after hearing the features for the PS4 version and everything else stacking against my playing (friends, real life, other fun games, etc.) then I might see myself taking another months-long break (like I did with vanilla D3) and coming back once the game has been patched a few times and is even more fun than it is.

There are a lot of things that they can add to the game (some of them are being added to the PS4 version of the game and I assume they might be waiting for the PS4 release to bring a PC patch with the same features) and I will be happily waiting for all of these to happen, if they are, while playing other games and occasionally getting on D3 to do a few rifts and see how my clan is doing.
well it comed up to every item must have soket crit and + % elemental dmg
if a weapon has soket u reroll for crit
if it has crit and soket reroll for % dmg
area dmg cd reduct resource reduct = 0 and other useless affixes
im also bored going outside to beat some neighbors
nothing to really do cept run rifts over and over, and yes it gets rather boring, but man, i'm just so determined to get a complete earthquake set ( this is what keeps me going! ) due to it being such a build changer. probably be super-burnt out by the time i find it.

haven't found a piece yet ~~

really hoping they add pvp soon, been waiting a very loooooooong time for it.
Blizzard cant fix the itemization right, in the meantime they need to do more end game features.
Like survival mod where playes have to beat waves and stuff like that. Right now rifts arent enough but a good add to the game compared to vanilla. I can't imagine there has gone two years since the release
I just wish I could swap builds... like ever. But most classes have like 1 build that isn't terrible.

Fire is so much better for almost every class because of skill balance AND itemization. Hello Cindercoat.

Also SoJ granting 30% elite damage AND elemental damage? So now I'm stuck with that element until I find another SoJ, because there are no rings that can outperform it in any way.
04/15/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Knifelheim
I have my fair share of gripes and complaints about this game (probably more than most), but that still hasn't stopped me from playing the game. But now I'm just getting straight up bored. There will always be room for improvement in any game, but the game should still be fun to play, regardless of its downfalls. There just anything to do anymore. The fun is very quickly fading and I find myself playing less and less every day. That's just so sad to me when I think about how much fun I used to have with the previous games in this franchise. Anyways, I know there's a hundred different "I quit" threads, but this isn't to say I'm rage quitting--it's just me realizing that this game has lost the core idea behind a game: FUN.

First few days i was hooked. Never even checked the general forums. Then i hit a gear wall and never got a TF. Despite Bounties and Rifts being fun, it was also very unrewarding, loot wise. I found myself coming to the general forums more and more, and then i knew that my interest was waning. Needless to say i quit.
You will be when you finally hit that gear wall, and your only upgrade can only be required via bounty. There's nothing fun about spending hours and hours on something that could possibly amount to nothing.

It baffles me that a token system was not implemented. If we were able to trade in tokens to obtain certain legendaries, BoA would not be such an issue. For instance, every rift/bounty should drop a token. X amount of tokens should allow us to trade for the legendary that we want from a vendor. If you're lucky, you'll get the item that you want as a drop. If you're unlucky, at least you know that you're progressing towards the item that you want.
I am starting to get bored yes. The more I play the more I find that the game didn't change as much as I thought... :(. I haven't stopped playing yet but I think that time is nearing. There are many things they still haven't fixed when it comes to items that it makes Loot 2.0 look sad.
Yep. When spending time on the forums is more entertaining than playing the game itself, something is very wrong.
We don't trade. We don't pvp. They haven't gotten much right. Ladders will help them flush all this garbage out and start anew. GG :/
In all games players eventually get bored. Only a small number of players will religiously play only one game for years to come. Heck even in D2 the majority of it's fans took breaks due to boredom. So just take a break then come back after your break and play again.
I am playing D3 with my friends, but spend the majority of time on Marvel Heroes. I feel it is the superior ARPG out there currently and I always find myself craving to play it. I do still play D3, but only when grouping with my friends who play it.. If they are not online then you will always find me playing MH...

But yes, burnt out... The game is the same as it was (at least for me) in vanilla.. I am still running the same maps.. killing the same mobs... for the same gear... Rifts and Bounties can be fun, but get monotonous... I do have fun when playing with my friends, but I think it is more playing with them, than what I am playing.. I will still continue to fund Gaz for making the superior ARPG.. As a matter of fact, I have some money to give them when I get home tonight...
The games does a great job of hooking you for about a week. After that you realize Blizz just cares about nerfing everything, and it'll take years for new features to be added that should have been in the game to begin with.

So yeah, but bored is a severe understatement.
I haven't played as much as I did the first two weeks. Terrible luck with legendarys has slowly sapped my will to play.
04/15/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Knifelheim
it's just me realizing that this game has lost the core idea behind a game: FUN.

Its because Blizzard is doing a damn good job "fixing" this bug called "Fun" ;)
I'm not bored of the game overall, but crafting is extremely boring to the point it makes me play less.

I'm trying to craft the best helm for my build, Helm of Rule. It always rolls Vitality and Block Chance. For it to be good for my build, it also needs a combination of either Strength, Blessed Shield, and Socket in the other two primary slots. Then I need to re-roll the Vitality into the one I didn't get.

Crafting one means I have to farm Battlefields of Eternity on Normal until I find a white Ascended Crown, then switch to Torment and keep remaking games until I find one of three rare spawns. Then the rare spawn has to drop the required item (25% chance).

I have crafted Helm of Rule about ten times in the past week and still haven't crafted one I can use.

Solution?: It shouldn't have a guaranteed roll of Vitality. People want this helm for the Block Chance. Get rid of the Vitality to open up that extra primary slot.