Reasoning behind normal bounty dropping the same as T6?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 20 Next
Your walking around with a Mask of Jeram, Tasker and theo, and 4 peice zunimassas, im sure your fettishes hit like a mac truck, why do you even need the ring of grandure, how could you possibly own any harder?

"oh my items arent dropping!" says the fool who is full of end game T6 Smashing gear.

I hate you
04/25/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Taelis

Make Sure you implement something like this for the torment item only caches...

Act 1: WD Class set items

Act 2: Barb Class set items

Act 3 Monk / DH class set items

Act 4 Crusader class set items

Act 5 Wizard class set items

Something like this so we can have some control in the RNG

Better yet it should be
Act 1 : Head
Act 2: Chest
Act 3: Gloves
Act 4: Belt
Act 5 Legs/boots..

And it should just go off smart loot.

i completely agree
+1 on more forgotten souls from Rift Guardians.

It would be nice to know I can get a steady stream from farming rifts.
Is this going love tomorrow?
I didn't specifically farm for RoRG, I just made sure to do more act 1 bounties to farm for key fragments to increase my chances of getting them.

I have found 2 intelligent RoRGs and a dex one, all on my wizard. My alt is DH, so that makes 2 chars I have the ring on :)

I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I rarely ever do normal split bounties. I found these items soloing. In fact most of my high-tier gear was found soloing.

I think they need to do something about this safety net thing and how it's messing up cooperative play. As long as this loot system is implemented, I'm pretty sure (and resting on my own experience) that solo play is the most efficient.

I also like doing my bounties in t1+. Even though leg drop rate is supposed to be way lower outside rift, I still seem to find a butt-load of legs while just doing bounties. Maybe this is because we're fighting more super-rare (purple) elites and hitting up more cursed chests, etc., while running bounties? These are providing us with many more opportunities to find legs?

I'm just guessing here but it makes sense to my experience...
04/25/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/25/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Torus
Could we get more Forgotten Souls as we scale up the Torment levels?

Would be nice to see a chance for more than one at a time from Rift Bosses.

I'm starving for these things! :P

We don't have any current plans to increase the drop rate of Forgotten Souls, but I can certainly pass your feedback along!

Please do.. because enchanting is expensive as it is and extremely restrictive because of how little these (and just salvaged legendaries) things drop. :|
04/28/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Feline
Its more than just luck. You increase your chances by spending shards on the proper items for a future efficient build.

Unfortunately, I've learned from experience that just because Kadala lets you focus on a particular slot doesn't mean it's done more than just remove one layer of the RNG. It's awesome that certain legendaries are such game-changers that you can build around them, but gambling's still no guarantee you'll ever get a specific piece. It's still random, as both my WD (who got a 99% Mask of Jeram very early) and my Wiz (who's been spending thousands of shards and has yet to see a Mirrorball) can attest.

(With the exception of a few apparently bugged things like the Tal Rasha's source, Kadala also can't give Torment-only set items, which are often the very definition of build-changing.)

Using a certain build that will clear faster than other options
Discard xp in favor of legendary hunting.

I don't think anyone's suggesting purposely playing an inefficient build. Still, I may come off as a noob here, but what do you mean by discarding XP in favor of legendary hunting? Do you mean doing chest runs and other gimmicky things? I've found the legendaries per hour on that aren't really any better per hour invested, plus they give no blood shards or forgotten souls. Do you simply mean playing a lower difficulty than the max you can handle? My WD can do T3 (and sometimes does with friends), but I usually stick to T1 for efficiency. Anything less than T1 seems inadvisable, since what I'm mainly looking for now is set items.

Small things that in combination, if used well will give players a greater % chance of those legs

I may just be nitpicking here, but all the efficiency in the world is just giving you more chances. It's not making your base chances of getting what you want any better. A slot machine you've been playing for two hours isn't any more "primed" than one you just started playing. Yes, you have to play to win, and yes, your overall chances of getting nothing decrease over time, but each roll is a separate event, unaffected by those before it.

It would just be nice if we had a way to feel like we're working toward something specific, instead of being wrapped in so many layers of RNG that we hardly get excited when legendaries drop anymore. (Or failing that, maybe make smart loot smarter, or at least take out some of the "glorified rares", the legendaries that are just "6 random magic properties".

I personally been lucky and dtermined to get the pieces I have now, just missing one piece and im happy with my gear, just need the same I already have but with better stats

I'm happy for you (seriously, no sarcasm). Were you posting on a second account or something? I looked at your profile and saw no characters associated with it. Just to be clear, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I was just curious and wanted a look. Anytime someone says they're basically set on gear, I like to look and see what that means for them.
Totally agree with this post.

I'm LVL 450 paragon and i've played enough to understand how the game works and how it can be improved.

It seems you have played alot of Diablo 3 too and know how the game works and what can be improved.

About the Weapons need socket to be good problem a way to fix it would simply be

1. Nerfing- Green & Red gem in wep Socket
2. Making other stats on weapon more attractive so you acctually wonder if the sockets are worth it.

3. The Crit Damage/chance problem could be solved the same way they solved ATK speed in vanilla.

4. About the Legendary's being Unique weapons with slighty higher roll- Can be fixed the way you said it could be fixed.

Blizzard should Hire you
04/28/2014 12:58 PMPosted by MuscleTeemo
Totally agree with this post.

I'm LVL 450 paragon and i've played enough to understand how the game works and how it can be improved.

It seems you have played alot of Diablo 3 too and know how the game works and what can be improved.

About the Weapons need socket to be good problem a way to fix it would simply be

1. Nerfing- Green & Red gem in wep Socket
2. Making other stats on weapon more attractive so you acctually wonder if the sockets are worth it.

3. The Crit Damage/chance problem could be solved the same way they solved ATK speed in vanilla.

4. About the Legendary's being Unique weapons with slighty higher roll- Can be fixed the way you said it could be fixed.

Blizzard should Hire you

I don't think we really need more Nerfs. Besides, Red gem could use a slight boost. Diamond could be doubled, Purple and topaz could be tens times stronger
Are there any plans for making the Ubers more rewarding?

If you got a Cache on a boss kill or something like that at least farming the keys would be less painful when you didn't get the pieces needed for the ring.
What about adding a chance for a cache to drop from rift bosses?
04/25/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/25/2014 09:38 PMPosted by NATO
I hate seeing forgotten souls. They're like a crap leg that you didn't even get to roll. :( Why do they even drop.

They're still pretty useful for a lot of players. Personally, I never have a lot in surplus, and always welcome them dropping. It's also good to know that they don't share a spot with Legendary items. If you see a Forgotten Soul drop then you can be rest assured that it didn't take the place of a Legendary item.

+1 for soul drops. I almost always have 0 available, and that's even running just one class and not rerolling items for my alt barbs or alts from other classes. It's just so unpredictable how many you will need on a good drop, I spent 2 getting 6cc on my rorg and 40 on my andys helm.
Hey, everyone

Many of you have left solid feedback in this thread over the weekend, and I just wanted to let you all know that I've taken a ton of notes to pass along. There's a lot of cool stuff on the way, so keep an eye on the forums, and thanks for leaving us your thoughts!
04/28/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hey, everyone

Many of you have left solid feedback in this thread over the weekend, and I just wanted to let you all know that I've taken a ton of notes to pass along. There's a lot of cool stuff on the way, so keep an eye on the forums, and thanks for leaving us your thoughts!

Why don't you guys make Act 1 Normal caches drop 6 items, every difficulty beyond adds 50% to the cache. So "Hard" would have 9 items, etc...
04/28/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Thundermain
Your walking around with a Mask of Jeram, Tasker and theo, and 4 peice zunimassas, im sure your fettishes hit like a mac truck, why do you even need the ring of grandure, how could you possibly own any harder?

"oh my items arent dropping!" says the fool who is full of end game T6 Smashing gear.

I hate you

How can he do T6 when his healing is not even 1/4 as mine and I can barely tank in T4 with my barb or monk.
Posted by Thundermain

I hate you

How can he do T6 when his healing is not even 1/4 as mine and I can barely tank in T4 with my barb or monk.

Why would he need to have LoH when he has a full horde of minions to tank for him??
There's a lot of cool stuff on the way

can we expect patch with tuesday maintenance ?
Hey, everyone

Hi there Grimiku, hope you had a nice weekend. I was just wondering what sort of feedback you have found interesting so far, personally, like give us some examples. I know you've been reading our feedback and I thank you for it.

But I think it would be nice for the player base to know just a few examples on what is being passed along to the dev team.