Reasoning behind normal bounty dropping the same as T6?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 20 Next
04/25/2014 06:28 PMPosted by McCloud
04/25/2014 06:23 PMPosted by Skaad

Which means you will screw up and allow people to farm Caches on Normal and open them on Torment 6 to have greater chance of Legendaries. Great News!

I'm pretty sure (as in 100% positive) that caches are already rolled for you once you get them. You're only revealing them.

You're at least partly wrong. Stats are definitely not rolled for you. I can do bounties on my Wizard and open the caches on my Crusader and get Strength gear. That's where my Crusader's amulet and royal grandeur ring came from,
Alternatively, just put the objective marker on the map at the start. People who are chain running bounties have already seen the whole game enough already. They aren't interested in "exploring" the Act 2 desert anymore.
04/25/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
As a heads up, we’re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you’ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

You can find a list of Torment-only Legendary items right [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45"]here[/url], courtesy of Nevalistis. :)

So it's gonna be nerf and we'd better do more split farming now.
You can already get torment-only legendaries from caches. I got the firebird helm from an Act 1 cache the other day.
04/25/2014 06:58 PMPosted by stefan
As a heads up, we’re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you’ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

You can find a list of Torment-only Legendary items right [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45"]here[/url], courtesy of Nevalistis. :)

Yeah, this is most likely a nerf to Normal Caches and make Ring even harder to get if you can't speed clear T1/T2.

How exactly did you interpret this as a nerf? I'm confused at your logic.

I hope the drop rate increase won't be too shy because caches drop rates are quite underwhelming and a meager 15% is not gonna cut it. Rifts have regular drops +100%, do something so that bounties don't feel like a waste of time you have to do before going back to rifts.
caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

You mean how Torment 1-6 has a scaling bonus right now?

Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.
04/25/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Darkstar
So when do higher torment rift bosses start dropping more blood shards?

Well, since you brought it up let's talk a little about that. ;) We're also planning on changing Rift Guardians so that they drop more Blood Shards for each level of Torment past the first (i.e. in Torment II+). For clarity, this means Rift Guardians would drop the same amount of Blood Shards as they currently do in Torment I, but starting in Torment II they would drop additional Blood Shards per each Torment slider tick. This change should arrive at the same time as the Horadric Cache change mentioned previously, which is currently scheduled for our next bug fix/balance patch (patch 2.0.5).*

*Before you crazy hooligans can ask this poor ol’ goatman again, there’s no ETA to share for this patch right now.

04/25/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Unknown
And what about rifts? Do you guys plan to make them also scale with torment difficulty??

As a reminder, the scaling bonus chance to find Legendaries you get for Torment I-VI slider stacks multiplicatively with the 100% bonus chance to find Legendaries while in Nephalem Rifts.
04/25/2014 06:04 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/25/2014 06:03 PMPosted by postmortum
What is the ETA on this fix?

We don't have one just yet, but it is something being worked on right now. We'll share more information on it as soon as we can, though.

Make Sure you implement something like this for the torment item only caches...

Act 1: WD Class set items

Act 2: Barb Class set items

Act 3 Monk / DH class set items

Act 4 Crusader class set items

Act 5 Wizard class set items

Something like this so we can have some control in the RNG
Incorrect, if you hadn't noticed caches tend to drop two equippable items whenever you open them. One is designated to drop for the chance at a cache-exclusive legendary while the other item is for any random legendary.

I'm puzzled as to why the blue post is saying that they're going to "allow caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items" when for me they've been dropping class-specific set items since launch.

I've gotten three of my Marauder's pieces from Torment I-IV caches, and with what the blue post is saying I'm not sure whether me getting my set pieces from caches was due to a bug or not now.

Wow, a nice change
Hopefully the numbers are high enough to make going up in Torment difficulty actual worthwhile. Since as of now the scaling doesn't match up in the slightest.

Grimiku,
It would be awesome if you guys also increased the number of blood shards in higher Torment Levels.
So we can get our set items from caches then? Sounds okayish.

Finally, a reason not to farm on normal anymore! WOOT WOOT!
04/25/2014 07:10 PMPosted by JangBahadur

Grimiku,
It would be awesome if you guys also increased the number of blood shards in higher Torment Levels.

He already mentioned that in his second post in this thread.
Grimiku, it'd be nice if the higher the cache, the greater the rift key reward as well. That way if you want rift keys, you don't have to drop to normal just to farm them quicker.
careful what you guys are asking for; they will probably just nerf normal caches into the ground and barely boost torment caches.
This is kinda stupid. It means T1 and Normal have the same drop rates.

Why the heck would they do that? Every single difficulty should have an increased drop rate. Risk Reward 101