Is night stalker worth it anymore?

Demon Hunter
I know this used to be one of the must have passives - is it worth it anymore to run?
Given someone with quiver can run up to 60%-70% Crit Chance. Yes.
With high enough Critical Hit Chance under your belt, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth running.

Just think about this, if you feel when you play that you don't have enough Disc or you find yourself caught short in dire situations, then run it. If you never have a problem managing your Disc consumption then clearly there are better passives out there to be used.

The advice above is irrespective of what difficulty is played, as gearing and playstyle greatly influence what a player can and will get out of their Disc pool.

Silver
thanks guys - then on the topic of crit chance, when does archery > sharpshooter? i'm at 61% without either. should i be running archery or ss at this point (or another passive altogether).
I believe RedCell has posted (not too long ago actually) that neither SS nor Archery will be better then the other when combined with a hand crossbow.

However, my two cents is (assuming you don't believe you can run both) that SS more often then not will beat out Archery because it only takes one second of not critting for SS to be better in terms of giving you higher crit gains.

You don't even have to be mathematically inclined to see that IMO. How often are you moving and possibly not attacking etc for one second? Once second gives you 8% CC, Archery gives a flat 5% CC, ergo 8% > 5%.

Silver
With the recent SS nerf and your damn companion constantly resetting SS... my vote is for archery.

It used to be more clear cut for just DW since you get an additional benefit, but now even with a quiver, I'll still use archery.

My opinion only though, no statistics to back it up.
^^ I agree with that actually, if you run a companion that will attack thus resetting your CC more often, well maybe that's a different story.

Silver
SS hasnt had value in over a year. You should never be using it.
I used to run SS if i'm an elite-only farm - that means i avoid all trash mob, only opening chests and killing elite during bounty runs.

Like mentioned above, my 3 wolfs are resetting my crit chance from SS. That means no more burst-damage for me anymore.

So... unless you're not using companion, then SS might be viable. Otherwise, your pets will just randomly reset your crit chance.
I use Night Stalker
Nightstalker is useful in many ways.. Somehow, it's "easier" to get MAX crit chance since we can now re-roll stats.. Getting 60-70% crit chance is really plausible and free Discipline per Crit will matter depending on your build.

I've made a build around NS and it works quite well.
I do not understand the hate on Sharpshooter.

It's 4% Crit baseline...

Trading 1% baseline crit for the ability to burst seems relatively obvious to me.

I guess it depends on your build, but darn.
04/13/2014 08:47 AMPosted by Banaritaz
I do not understand the hate on Sharpshooter.

It's 4% Crit baseline...

Trading 1% baseline crit for the ability to burst seems relatively obvious to me.

I guess it depends on your build, but darn.

Pet attacks now reset that crit. And almost all the builds will run wolf or bat, and sentries are still very powerful too.