Are Bounty Caches Affected by Difficulty Level?

General Discussion
I run bounties on Normal just to burn through them as quick as possible, but I can burn through T1 almost just as fast. Should I be doing them on T1 for a higher percentage drop rate from the caches or should I just keep doing them on normal?
The rewards from caches are not affected by difficulty. Additionally, the loot in them isn't rolled until you open them, so you can farm them with one class and then open them up with another, and the loot you get will roll for the character that opened them.

That being said, the gold and xp rewards are greater when you do them on T1, as well as the higher chance for legendary drops while you're fighting monsters to complete the bounties.
04/14/2014 02:34 PMPosted by commiedic
I run bounties on Normal just to burn through them as quick as possible, but I can burn through T1 almost just as fast. Should I be doing them on T1 for a higher percentage drop rate from the caches or should I just keep doing them on normal?

The loot from a Horadric Cache won't change based on the difficulty, but Torment 1 does offer incentives (like an increased drop rate, gold and experience) that help while you're earning a cache. If what you want is to get as many Horadric Caches as possible then a lower difficulty might be optimal, though, since all of the benefits for increasing the difficulty to Torment 1 exist outside of the cache specific loot.
not really normal is only way to go atm. faster and byfar easyer caches
04/14/2014 03:56 PMPosted by Grimiku

The loot from a Horadric Cache won't change based on the difficulty, but Torment 1 does offer incentives (like an increased drop rate, gold and experience) that help while you're earning a cache. If what you want is to get as many Horadric Caches as possible then a lower difficulty might be optimal, though, since all of the benefits for increasing the difficulty to Torment 1 exist outside of the cache specific loot.

Grimiku why you guys don't do the caches based on the difficulty setting? It would solve the problem of speed bounty and it would be an incentive to go further in the game.
Well, this is just wrong, since the incentive to farm bounties is the cache loot. If you're saying that 4 people split farming a specific act is the way to get as many bounty bags as possible is the way to go, then the philosophy of team play and higher difficulty is let's say "broken".

Increasing the chance of a cache to drop those act restricted legendary items should be increased with the difficulty to counter the split farming that is happening right now.

Higher XP and a bigger gold piles shouldn't be the reward of playing higher difficulty for bounty caches.
04/14/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Takamori

Grimiku why you guys don't do the caches based on the difficulty setting? It would solve the problem of speed bounty and it would be an incentive to go further in the game.

no it wouldent i'd still do on normal just cause 1shoting.
^ Except they don't consider speed bounties a "problem".

Would love difficulty settings actually factoring into cache droprates, then I'd actually have a reason to use something other than my fullretard perma Vaulting/Strafing build while doing bounties. You know, the actual content instead of randomized rifts.
04/14/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Takamori

Because speed bounty is fine and there's nothing wrong doing it. I dont see why people complain about it. So what if they do it on normal? they have the disadvantage of lower chance of getting legendaries, not getting the torment legendaries and missing experiences.
04/14/2014 04:02 PMPosted by MsKitten
no it wouldent i'd still do on normal just cause 1shoting.

Hmm while you receive a inferior baseline of loot table.

Ok.
04/14/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Gnillort
^ Except they don't consider speed bounties a "problem".

Would love difficulty settings actually factoring into cache droprates, then I'd actually have a reason to use something other than my fullretard perma Vaulting/Strafing build while doing bounties. You know, the actual content instead of randomized rifts.

Not a problem yet, but just as with everything else that was speedy; it will be nerfed.
04/14/2014 04:05 PMPosted by Hydrojan
Because speed bounty is fine and there's nothing wrong doing it. I dont see why people complain about it. So what if they do it on normal? they have the disadvantage of lower chance of getting legendaries, not getting the torment legendaries and missing experiences.

I'm not against speed bounty, though the way its rewarded is wrong.

Why I should receive the same loot table of a T6 in T1 for example?

If you can speed run in T6, great you deserve it.
I'll much prefer to farm for cache legendaries on the level of difficulty my gear affords me, which is torment 1-2. Having similar drop rates across all difficulties is just silly, and even sillier is how we are forced to do normal split runs.

Torment difficulties should afford a higher chance of getting cache legendaries, no ifs and buts about it.
04/14/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Takamori
04/14/2014 04:05 PMPosted by Hydrojan

yes, you get the same reward on t1-t6 but no one is forcing you to run t6. running higher torment is optional. And it's not like you get everything on cache. After you get the legendary you need, thats it.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify something. You're very clear about the loot in the cache not changing based on the difficulty. I take that to mean that the loot table does not change.

However, does the "chance" that you'll get a legendary from that fixed loot table increase with each torment level?

For example. Am I just as likely to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur (a cache specific item) from a T1 cache as I am from a T6 cache?

Thanks!
04/14/2014 04:19 PMPosted by Hydrojan
04/14/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Takamori

yes, you get the same reward on t1-t6 but no one is forcing you to run t6. running higher torment is optional. And it's not like you get everything on cache. After you get the legendary you need, thats it.

You totally lost the point of the discussion, what I'm saying , each torment should give a loot table based on its difficulty, giving a reason to go further in the game.

Being optional, turns all those difficulties just a waste of time and kills the longevity of the game.
04/14/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Flood

For example. Am I just as likely to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur (a cache specific item) from a T1 cache as I am from a T6 cache?

Thanks!

Yes, you will receive the same loot table with the same % chance.