CRUS not finished :( But Barb stuff .....

Barbarian
I got really good rolls on Magefist and Lidless Wall and tried to fit them in my builds because you said they are AMAZING.

Turns out they're best in slot. That slot on Blacksmith's salvage page.
04/22/2014 02:23 AMPosted by zapro
I got really good rolls on Magefist and Lidless Wall and tried to fit them in my builds because you said they are AMAZING.

Turns out they're best in slot. That slot on Blacksmith's salvage page.

no one said it's BIS

learn to read

zapro must I teach u to walk as well?
Manner and Zapro, if you manage to make babies together, keep one for me please, I'm sure it will be lovely as hell!!

Dakkon, you removed Strength from both your weapons for CDR. I guess you tested and felt right with it? The loss of Strength is kinda colossal on that move. Around a 1400 loss.
I had a Strengthless Odynson and replaced it by the SoH I dropt yesterday (I know it's a LITTLE late for dropping SoH... RNGeus why so much hate?). In theory OdynSon should be better (or at worst equal) to a SoH, but with Strength SoH did bring to me the difference is clear on killing speed. I took an easy test: Skeleton King, with Odynson he does two to three teleports to summon his skellies, with the SoH he dies soon after the first one.
Unless SoH is still outperforming Odynson I'd think that the Strength loss is just unrecoverable. Are you having faster overall clearing times with that setup rather than with Strength on your weapons? I'm playing a WW build while you're on EQ build, so that may change some parameters but I'm still surprised that you can win dps by removing Strength.
As I remember EQ's damage comes from the main hand weapon only. If this is right, M-cookie might have a very good point with the lidless shield. Roughly all the skills which have a cooldown draw upon mainhand wpn with the exception of furious charge, if i remember correctly. Theoretically a good 2h would output the most damage but since we're talking T6 where you cannot neglect survivability, that shield might be very good.

I am running a raekor charge-hota build, i can do T6 with the unity so i don't die much but i'd like to try this EQ leap stuff...got them boots, 2xEQ pieces...seems that the other pieces are around the corner but...they're not lol. Got a little frustrated and began working on the crusader :)
Nubtro has already posted the difference between all weapons. DW wins everytime.
04/22/2014 06:06 AMPosted by Aldween
Nubtro has already posted the difference between all weapons. DW wins everytime.

Yes.

Assuming a fire build SK/Sankis and TF/Sankis being the best combos depending on rolls/situation. Swap in Odyn for Sankis for lightning builds.
3m32s Group T6-Rift clear /w two fire eq barbs (WD POV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMGsqs6QqE

Ancient spear perhaps more optimal for group speed clears for barbs?
http://imgur.com/9K5EWfa

dunno (I was tired, but u get the idea in the convo despite some mistakes in numbers)

Really need to finish my barb, hate having to wait other ppl to test and etc.

Balancing on AS from beta is LOL btw.

O_O

LEAP+AS, LEAP+AS, LEAP+AS could be better than LEAP,LEAP,LEAP+AS as well

dunno

maybe some of u with gear can test as well
04/24/2014 07:46 AMPosted by MannerCookie
Ancient spear perhaps more optimal for group speed clears for barbs?
http://imgur.com/9K5EWfa

dunno (I was tired, but u get the idea in the convo despite some mistakes in numbers)

Really need to finish my barb, hate having to wait other ppl to test and etc.

Balancing on AS from beta is LOL btw.

O_O

LEAP+AS, LEAP+AS, LEAP+AS could be better than LEAP,LEAP,LEAP+AS as well

dunno

maybe some of u with gear can test as well

Sounds solid. Your problem in term of gameplay may be that you'll jump, jump, jump then unload all your fury with a Boulder and then ... you got no Fury left and nothing to do until your jump is up again which is in 6-8 seconds. You'll have no offensive capacities during that time.
Unlike a HoTA user you won't be able to finish easily a monster that went away from the group for a reason or another as you have to play the 'Vortex' rune on Leap instead of the stun, when facing teleport elites or monsters that love running away they may scatter and then slow your pace.
But that may be just some adjustments to do in the way you play the spec and the right way to do is jump/jump/jump/Boulder (or Jump/Boulder/Jump/Boulder/Jump/Boulder as you said) and move to the next pack ignoring whatever happens to the current pack.

For solo playing it may be more difficult to put in action than an HoTA, for parties I would see that as a gain: your teamates do the damage while your Jump is under CD and a Monk will help to keep the pesky runners in pack.
Of course if you systematically manage to wipe every pack with the initial Leap/Leap/Leap/Boulder the gameplay problem doesn't exist. You'll lose a little damage on EQ with the loss of Sankis and some survivability but do you have a problem with that?
For group-play as long as there is a Crusader in the group running judgement to guarantee the boulders to crit, AS may potentially be much more optimal than HOTA.

Without a Crusader in group because of the HOTA crit mechanics, it is far more optimal.

The point I brought up in the clan discussion scrshot was that IF there was to be anything more optimal in the group outside of the HOTA/EQ setup, it can only be the AS/EQ setup.

I did manage to finally get one piece of EQ set, just need two more now and hopefully get some more group runs in this weekend and will test further.