You DO NOT have the right to close MY RIFT! Part 2

General Discussion
The first thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506330884?page=1
Here is the last post from the last thread:

TL;DR point is that 99% of the drops I get are from chests/breakables/elite packs. Not the rift boss or Blood Shards, and for that reason clearing the rift is the logical move.

For the last damn time, those same chests/breakables/elites are ALSO IN THE NEW BLOODY RIFT.

Why the hell is this so hard to understand.

Edit: Since I apparently got the last post in a thread (at least until a blue extends it), going to quote this again in hopes it makes some of you understand:

04/14/2014 06:04 PM Posted by Stonk
Jesus Christ.

I just read 14 pages of people who actually believe it is more efficient to kill 40 elites & 2 guardians than it is to kill 40 elites & 4 guardians.

I'm losing faith in humanity.

It is not always about the enemies and chests in the rift. What about people (like me) that want to see how many levels there are in THIS rift and what those levels look like? Maybe one of those levels look really cool and maybe one of those levels is full of treasure goblins.

EDIT:
Here is Lylirra's post from the first thread so that people can answer her questions:

Just wanted to jump in say thanks for this discussion! I've already passed it along to our devs.

I've got a few follow-up questions, though. If you'll humor me. :)

Question #1: After killing a Rift Boss, do you prefer:

•Clearing the Rift in its entirety before collecting your rewards?

- OR-

•Collecting your rewards immediately, closing the Rift before clearing?

Question #2: In your opinion, what do you feel would be a happy medium between the two different playstyles (clearing Rifts vs. not clearing Rifts)?

Question #3: Why does having a Rift closed in a group before you have a chance to clear it (if you prefer that option) bother you or frustrate you? From a personal perspective, how does it negatively affect your gameplay? (Or does it even affect you?)

Thanks!
Quit trying to make a popular thread and have a blue post in your thread.
The solution is very simple. It's not YOUR rift if it's in a PUBLIC GAME. If you want YOUR RIFT then make YOUR OWN single player game.

Got it?
if you open your game to the public, don't get mad when people close your rift.
I hope i get in a game with you so i can just close the crap outta your rifts
I think Stonk's comment hit the nail on the head. Except for the select few who feel the need to clear out a Rift at the expense of farming, the more Rifts you can through the better off you are. And for those who do want to clear out the Rift, you don't have the right to make everyone else wait. Public game means public rules.
Closing rifts immediately = more keys needed relative to the number of elites killed. The more keys you need, the more time you need to spend farming something outside of rifts.

I'm fine with someone closing a rift I opened if they are opening a new one, but often they expect me to spend more of my keys opening another and leave if I (or someone) don't.

Fixing it is pretty easy though.

1. Give the quest reward upon killing the rift guardian (no hand in required).
2. Only allow a rift to be closed by opening another one.
I like to clear the levels myself so I play solo, but when I do public groups I'd turn in and open a new rift. 2 different playstyles going on here min max vs casual.

What they need is a new type of rift that caters to the people who want to clear levels. A roguelike survival where it isn't about a rift boss but how deep down the rabbit hole you can go. Deeper down in the levels brings harder challenges. You get rewarded based on how far you make it.
04/15/2014 09:27 AMPosted by BeerManMike
Quit trying to make a popular thread and have a blue post in your thread.

Not what I was going for.

I could tell that people were not done talking about this yet (I know I wanted to respond to the last post) so I looked to see if someone had made a thread to continue the topic. No one had, so I made it.
I'm closing all rifts from now on, only because i know it makes these OCD players so mad.
"only way to close a rift is by opening a new one"

This was said by someone in the previous thread and is an awesome solution.
i was in a rffit and we killed the boss and they all whent to town. and i kaeep going and pow!! there was 50 gob!!!! i was saying to all of them come 50 gob but no they cloesed it anywasys so i killed like 3 of them b4 i got kick out (
so if im playing a public game and we kill the rift boss together "and that's all I wanted" I shouldn't go turn in the quest and just sit there until your done?
Sorry, Not going to happen in a Public game with people you don't know . Not saying your friends won't close on you , but if a random person joins you for a rift run and after the rift boss is dead, then its up to him to leave and turn in quest .

I think you need to talk to other players before starting a rift and make it clear you want to do a full clear , that way everyone knows . lets you or them leave before hand .
This is a sad thread.

The Devs did a great job designing the rifts - yeah, I know that a lot of areas in the rifts are pieces of existing areas of the game with some new additions. But the lighting, coloring,music, and the way they are pieced together, among other things, makes them first class deeply immerssive game environments. The variety is amazing and they are all dark yet beautiful. I'd bet that those complaining of being tired of running through tunnels are the same who quit after the Guardian.

The Devs took the time to develop multi-level rifts with one to four levels after the Guardian. It's sad that players are more concerned with what they believe to be be efficient farming rather than immersing themselves in game-play. Having done all of this work on multiple levels do you really believe that leaving the game immediately after killing the Guardian, making it so most players would never see those levels, that the Devs made the game so that the best way to play the game is to grab the near worthless shards/gambling chips, grab your puny Quest reward and run ?

The new team did a great job on ROS. Of course there's a lot of improvements to be made. But I find it hard to believe that Blizzard paid for the development of those multi-tiered rifts soley to please the creators' vanity.

Given what I have seen on the age check threads, it's no surprise that the same attitude of allegedly efficient ways of making money on Wall Street with millisecond front running and a host of other selfish quick buck schemes that are destroying the Nation's economy have been brought into an RPG. The chase with "efficient" methods by the young turks on Wall Street that have nothing to do with the fundamentals of the real world economy but are motivated soley to obtain more money than you could possibly spend in a truly luxury lifestyle while isolating oneself from the real world of business and industry are analogous to the claimed "efficient" farming methods that are a road to higher tiered items akin to a dog chasing it's own tail while isolating oneself from all the true value of immersive game-play offered by ROS.

Your gaming style is soley your choice. What you get out of your gameplay is the result of your choice. Whatever floats your boat.

D3 is a game without end. What could efficiency have to do with enjoying such a game.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
I do not run rifts in public games for the reason stated in the original thread. I don't get angry at people who don't want to clear them, that's their prerogative. I do, however, enjoy clearing the whole thing. I only run rifts in private games with friends who, like me, want to do full clears.

Here's a few questions to all those that say it's not worth clearing the next level/whole rift: Have you ever gone on to the next level of a rift after the rift boss is dead and discovered a level with gob packs? I have. Have you ever found a worth while legendary item after the rift boss is dead? I have, many times.
This is a sad thread.
The Devs took the time to develop multi-level rifts with one to four levels after the Guardian. It's sad that players are more concerned with what they believe to be be efficient farming rather than immersing themselves in game-play. Having done all of this work on multiple levels do you really believe that leaving the game immediately after killing the Guardian, making it so most players would never see those levels, that the Devs made the game so that the best way to play the game is to grab the near worthless shards/gambling chips, grab your puny Quest reward and run ?

No, you're right. The developers of this game clearly didn't want anyone to speed through a rift at all, ever. It's not like they added any extra achievements in the game for fun if you clear one in under 2 minutes. NOPE. Those were a mistake.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
it's hawkeye, don't worry about it.

Rift design? Change color scheme one existing zones and putting in a randomized set of mobs.
04/15/2014 10:17 AMPosted by MrMacphisto
This is a sad thread.

No, you're right. The developers of this game clearly didn't want anyone to speed through a rift at all, ever. It's not like they added any extra achievements in the game for fun if you clear one in under 2 minutes. NOPE. Those were a mistake.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I speak only for myself. When you speak only for yourself you always know what you are talking about.

If you want a challenge of a speed run through the Guardian that's fine and sounds like fun. If you want to play the game for all it's worth and are looking for tough and challenging fights and good legendaries finish all levels of the rift.
If all you are doing in this game is "farming efficiently" then, why are you bothering to play the game at all? Seems like a big waste of time to me. I never understood the - speed through the map as fast as you can - mentality.

There is more to the game than just farming. I mean, what's the point in farming stuff solely for the purpose of getting more efficient at farming stuff? May as well be a bot if that's all you're playing for. Closing a rift before finishing every level is odd imo. I could see if there was a ladder system and you thought being in the top 500,000 players was cool, other than that, what's the rush?