Monk 'one with everything' resist POPULAR choice?

General Discussion
I was just listening to the flux podcast and they were discussing Monk builds and searching for Fire Resist gear (as if it were the only way to go)

... is there a reason? Is there one piece of monk gear that dictates that Fire Resists should be used for "one with everything?"

What resist do you other monks use for your "one with everything build and why? what piece of gear or what pieces of gear help you swing that way.

-Ad
fire/lighting/physical res are the most popular rolls so it's easier to gear for if you pick one of those types
Imo build around lightning resist since there is only 1 piece of gear that can roll all resist on top of lightning resist, being Tgods belt

so that's upwards of 300 total lightning resist on just a belt already.
It's not just popular, it's mandatory.

You can pick whichever resist you want, just stack it on gear, meaning pick up gear that has that resist as a secondary stat.

I picked Arcane, cause I wanted to.

My friend is Fire, another friend is Lightning.

Used to be ud pick the one you can get gear cheaper for from the AH, but that's gone.

Now you can look at some specific legs, like cindercoat or thundergods vigor, and go with that, or just pick whatever, you'll be able to stack plenty.
04/22/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Kai
Imo build around lightning resist since there is only 1 piece of gear that can roll all resist on top of lightning resist, being Tgods belt

so that's upwards of 300 total lightning resist on just a belt already.

I believe it works with Andariels helm as well.
So pick either Poison or Lightning
Yeah, tgods is a pretty nice belt to have around even when you aren't a lightning monk, because of its double resist property.

Andariel's Visage can also double stack resist, but you will absolutely be losing out on an offensive stat by putting all resist on it. Also, Andariel's Visage has stiff competition with The Eye of the Storm and GNK.
I'm not sure of too many fire resist guaranteed rolls, so that seems sort of an odd choice they went for. However, I'd imagine that poison and lightning would likely be rather popular choices as well. The poison resist because of Andariel's, and lightning because of Thundergod's vigor (Which can actually roll all resist in addition to its lightning resist, allowing up to 300 resist for lightning monks from one piece of gear).

Just took a quick look at most of the notable gear choices again as well, and I don't see fire resist basically anywhere, so... dunno why they were looking for it? Seems like a really odd choice to me.
Lightning build here like kai,so yea.That being said,it all depends on your build.That will (largely) dictate which res you stack.
I would say Lighting is the way to go due to ThunderGod's Vigor rolling LIghting resist and not letting you re-roll it.

But I'm slowly building into a Lightning monk anyway, if you are building into Fire monk, maybe fire is better, but I'm not sure if it matters outside of TGV.