After playing every single day since RoS... I'm done.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
You know, you ppl play way too much.

Go grow garden, aquaponics is awesome!
04/17/2014 04:12 AMPosted by lyndonguitar
I guess you are just very unlucky.. I have all 6 chars that are level 70, all of which haven't really got alot of time into, seeing that I play all chars, I guess you could say that I can't devote much time to any of them.

I haven't played diablo since 2012 and just returned for the expansion. all my items were from 2012 and I had 5 chars at level 60. Took me weeks/months to gear them and they weren't even good gear.

Expansion came, I got kinda interested again, I even bought it way after the release.

now I have 6 characters with decent gear in the short time the game is released.

Farming is way faster and loot is way better overall than it was way back in 2012. You cannot complain about grinding and killing the same monsters all over again, This is Diablo afterall.

Although I agree, They should bring back Trading, or at least some sort of it.. Also limit the things that are account bound.

A large problem is the massive disparity in loot drops between players. Some people, like yourself, are finding loot at a good pace, and easily getting up to a high end where you only have a handful of items that could possibly replace what you are wearing.

Many of us have the exact opposite problem. 50 hours sunk into just my wizard post RoS and his gear level is fairly mediocre. Farming feels remarkably slow for me. I see about 1-2 legs in a full night of farming, and 9 out of 10 are garbage that even getting 2 stats rerolled in the mystic wouldnt save.
04/17/2014 02:32 AMPosted by Frostraven
What other games are there?

I mean.
I'd play Diablo 2 if it got another expansion.

I'm talking about games in the (action) RPG bird's view genre.

Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Neverwinter Nights...

And then it pretty much stopped, didn't it.
Bioware began their Dragon Age series, poorly balanced, and drove it straight south with a cashgrab sequel instead of improving it.

Diablo was in limbo for 7 years, before Activision got their hands on Blizzard and spewed out Diablo 3.

I like mature medieval fantasy games.
I do not like MMOs, because I like character development and good level design.

Why did they, game developers, stop making simple and elegant roleplaying games with good core mechanics??

Divintiy:Original Sin is looking really good. It's got some great reviews on steam and it's only just in beta now.
04/17/2014 01:55 AMPosted by Chaoxytal
I'm tired of seeing hundreds of complaint threads completely ignored, then seeing a blue post in a thread about atmosphere or lore or something completely irrelevant to the game.

they do always answer the easy questions only.
04/17/2014 02:36 AMPosted by Caos

Try Tochlight 2. It's from two of the three heads of the Diablo 2 team, and the composer of the soundtrack is also the same.

Is Torchlight 2 that much better than D3? I've considered trying T2, but I haven't been able to get past the cartoon-look.
04/17/2014 05:36 AMPosted by CptCaine
Is Torchlight 2 that much better than D3? I've considered trying T2, but I haven't been able to get past the cartoon-look.

If you can't get past the cartoon looks, then you probably will not enjoy it.

I would say that the mechanics of the game FAR exceed those in Diablo 3, but only a fool would say that the graphics or attack animations in Torchlight are better.

Personally, I prefer the depth and character building that Torchlight offers over the whizzing lights and graphics of D3, but I could easily see how people would lean the other way :)
04/17/2014 02:36 AMPosted by Caos

Try Tochlight 2. It's from two of the three heads of the Diablo 2 team, and the composer of the soundtrack is also the same.

It's not a 9/10 game, and has a too weak story for my taste.
Hundreds of 5 minute quests, spammed at you so often that you quickly have a full quest log and quest markers absolutely positively all over your map.

They failed because they put too many friendly NPCs all over the place, and made the overworld a maze of random locations, with friendly NPCs with quests scattered all around the wilderness.

Compare that to Diablo 2, where you've got few quests and few NPCs, with a central hub in each act.

The word "Quest" loses all meaning when it's more like a laundry list of twenty 5 minute tasks.
Character development is miles better.

Diablo 3 has the better quest and story system, but lacks character development and interesting monster strategies.
Torchlight 2 has the better character development and monsters, but has a bad overworld quest system and you don't feel a part of the story.
Same haha. Looks like people are playing way to much.
buh bye op.
not really sure what anyone expected, activision is one of the worst companies in the world.

i still enjoy playing RoS, but it's like 20% of what it could be, they've managed to kill 2 amazing games.

wow was an amazing mmo, 100% destroyed in cata/mop.

diablo was a fantastic game, destroyed in d3.
bye guys won't miss you : )
Wait.. so doing the same thing for hours every day gets old after awhile? ALERT THE MEDIA!
"Dude, you're gear sucks donkey balls, come back when you've wasted another 1000 hours on this game like I have bro."

Wank wank.

I play maybe 1 hour a day, do a few bounties, maybe a rift hoping for a good leg (one day, it'll happen to meeeee). It's more of a chore than fun. Then I log off and go play a real game. At this rate Diablo 4 will be out by the time I get geared enough for higher torment.
Well meanwhile I will do other stuff, but I'm in the same boat as OP, what I need is very specific gear, that doesn't drop at all.

But the problem is not the gear itself, its just the difficulties in this game doesn't feel rewarding. I can do T5 with no problem at all, but there is no point of doing it when T1 drops the same loot table, the game lacks any sense of progression.

Its really disappointing to see blues endorsing this kind of gameplay. In the end Kripparian was right, the game endured 2 weeks for me. I won't say that I wasted 40$ , because I have 150 hours played on my crusader, but with the history of this company, I was expecting more from it.
What did you even expect?

That there isn't a "soft cap" on gear progression?
04/17/2014 03:18 AMPosted by Bulgar
What happened to SOH proved to me that Blizzard are fime with completely destroying the experience of the player to satisfy the complaints of an entitled minority. How can one continue playing the game when there is such uncertainty with what will happen to your hard earned legendary items.

I'm worried about where it will stop. Will certain classes be nerfed because they are too stong? Will certain items be nerfed? At some point Blizz has to add things to the game before they take away, and I don't see that point anytime soon.
You know, Blizzard will only make a quick fix if there are unintended ways to obtain legendary, if you know what i mean. It's like they can't allow us enjoying the raining of legendary. It's not like 90% of the legendary are any useful by they don't care.
04/17/2014 05:51 AMPosted by DrK

If you can't get past the cartoon looks, then you probably will not enjoy it.

I would say that the mechanics of the game FAR exceed those in Diablo 3, but only a fool would say that the graphics or attack animations in Torchlight are better.

Personally, I prefer the depth and character building that Torchlight offers over the whizzing lights and graphics of D3, but I could easily see how people would lean the other way :)

TL2 is worth trying, but dang, having to level a character to max to try out each new build is really taxing. I might still be playing if not for that fact.