Feedback on Minor tweaks to Improve RoS

General Discussion
After playing RoS for the last 6 weeks, I've compiled a few brief tweaks the designers may consider to make it feel more streamlined. Admittedly, these are generally buffs for the player, adding more loot and reducing randomness on item rolls. Without further ado, here they are:

*Kadala now "drops" cache-only Legendaries purchased with Blood shards.

Explanation: Nothing is more frustrating then to have to grind caches over and over in normal trying to find that specific item. Finally getting it out of several hundred caches, and having it roll some other classes main stat. Additionally, it makes Blood Shards more appealing.

*Sockets no longer roll on Shields, Offhands, Amulets, or Rings.

Sockets simply aren't compelling when it rolls on an jewelry or offhand. Compared to Legs or Chest Armor, with several socket slots, having ONE slot feels like a useless affix. It's generally the first or second affix rerolled. Alternatively, you could change when gems do in jewelry, offhands, and rings. Maybe Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Critical damage, Average damage, +Resource on Crit?

*Kadala now has an additional purchase: Class-specific Weapons.

Because gambling weapons on the offchance you roll that legendary class weapon you really want for your build isn't fun. It's frustrating. Some of these class weapons make builds WORK, and that's fantastic. Not being able to GET that weapon to use your other gear sucks.

*Rifts now spawn a Refulgent Chest on the final level, with a high chance of a legendary. This chest is only unlocked when the Rift Guardian is slain.

Explanation: To encourage players to play through the entire rift without being penalized.

*You can now "reset" an item, after it has been rerolled, to it's original stats using crafting reagents.

Explanation: You FOUND that amazing item you will always use. CONGRATS. But you build changed, and now you need to reroll a different stat, but you can't. Now you can.

*Killing monsters in Rifts now grants X% additional XP.

Right now, Rifts are terrible xp. Dying is mostly irrelevant, because you will never work off your old Reflection pool before finding another. This needs to change. Pools were supposed to feel like a bonus for not dying over and over. They don't feel this way.

*Two-Handed weapons now roll additional Stats/Dmg

2-handed weapons are still not generally competitive, because stats on 2-handers do not compare to 1hand/1hand or 1hand/offhand. A weapon and offhand, or a weapon in either hand, can roll up to 1500 main stat. A two handed weapon rolls up to 1125. An offhand can roll +15% damage to a skill and 10% crit chance; mainstat, and one addiional affix roll, like vitality, block chance, APoC, or something else highly sought after.

*Movement speed is now a secondary affix.

Some of the worst legendary items in the game, such as Flavor of Time, Scrimshaw, Compass Rose, all have +movement speed as a primary affix. It is not; it should be treated as a secondary affix. It should also be moved from Paragon offensive Tab to utility; because tha'ts what the stat essentially is: convenience.

These are my suggestions to improve the RoS experience, and I hope you people chime in with your thoughts to hopefully generate a blue response.
04/17/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Venaliter
*Movement speed is now a secondary affix.

I agree with movement speed being moved to a secondary affix, it doesn't stack with paragon movement speed making the roll on gear a waste of a spot.
04/17/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Venaliter
*Sockets no longer roll on Shields, Offhands, Amulets, or Rings.

Sockets simply aren't compelling when it rolls on an jewelry or offhand. Compared to Legs or Chest Armor, with several socket slots, having ONE slot feels like a useless affix. It's generally the first or second affix rerolled. Alternatively, you could change when gems do in jewelry, offhands, and rings. Maybe Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Critical damage, Average damage, +Resource on Crit?

A socket is one of the 4 best primary rolls for a pure dps follower ring and ammy.
A socket is one of the 4 best primary rolls for a survival follower (without a cannot die item).
A socket is one of the 4 best primary rolls for a templar's shield.

So, no.
Please, no.

*You can now "reset" an item, after it has been rerolled, to it's original stats using crafting reagents.

Explanation: You FOUND that amazing item you will always use. CONGRATS. But you build changed, and now you need to reroll a different stat, but you can't. Now you can.

I disagree. We have some customisation and some commitment with the current system.
This means an item sink-lite and adds longevity to the loot-find.
Being able to restore and reroll items indefinitely would not be good for the game, I feel.
I agree with the movement speed, sometimes I don't mind going a bit slower depending on the build, so its not important enough for me.
I agree with most of what you said. I disagree with removal of sockets from jewelry and offhands, but agree something should make them more enticing. I've thought from the beginning that this game needs something like the jewels or facets from Diablo 2. It gives you a much better assortment of things to put in your sockets and would help to open up builds or make existing ones more viable.

The other point I disagree with is the extra experience in a rift. The way I look at it, if you want XP, you do bounties. If you want legs, you do rifts. I like the idea of having a special chest that spawns in the bottom of rifts after the guardian is dead that gives a huge chance for a leg as that gives people a reason to finish the rift. You could even argue that not just the guardian has to be dead, but maybe a certain percentage of total enemies in the rift must also be dead.

Other than those 2 points, I agree with everything else.