Do enchanting costs reset over time?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Basically, if I enchant an item 30 times and it's up to say 1,000,000 gold to enchant again, if I come back a week later, will it still be 1,000,000 gold to enchant again? Or does it eventually reset to something reasonable again?

Thanks

edit:
To be clear, I'm just pulling those figures out of thin air. I don't actually know how many enchants it would take to get a particular item up to 1,000,000 gold.

edit: the answer is no :(
04/18/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Grimiku
Currently, Enchanting costs do not go down through a natural system. What I mean is, if something was patched to change the costs then that's one thing, but there's no system in place that would reduce the cost for Enchanting an item as it stands.
There's definitely something wrong with the randomization process in enchant, same attributes showing up agian and again in sequence. I'm not going to enchant anything till a new patch come out. Saved up a lot of item and waiting.
I have yet to confirm this for certain, but I don't think enchant costs ever reset. None of my oldest items seem to have reset enchanting costs so far.
Well, I'm actually fine with the cost going up. It's a gamble. There are some items, like sources, that are insanely hard to get the stat you're looking for, but I agree that costs should go up. However, I do hope that the cost comes down over time. I haven't done enough enchanting to know. I honestly think that no matter what the cost is at, it should trickle back down to the original cost in 24 hours. Enchanting say 12 hours later would cost less, but not back to the original cost yet, and would reset the 24 hour trickle.
There is no reason that I can see that when you roll on a property that, of the two potential outcomes, they should be the same. Please give some value for money on an already crazily expensive investment, make it assured that both potential rerolls cannot be the same thing. Tonight alone I spent 6m trying to get a socket on a yellow item, thats on a weapon that can only roll something like 10 different properties. Now image if I needed a specific property on an offhand... which can roll dozens and dozens of different properties? then further, image if you then wanted to further refine that roll. hundreds of millions if not billions of gold given the current multiplicative cost coupled with the huge property base, further coupled with the fact that you can roll the same propertyx2.
A long argument for a simple but oh so annoying thing that is putting me off enchanting, and further making me hate BOA
04/18/2014 03:34 PMPosted by blackheart01
Basically, if I enchant an item 30 times and it's up to say 1,000,000 gold to enchant again, if I come back a week later, will it still be 1,000,000 gold to enchant again? Or does it eventually reset to something reasonable again?

Thanks

edit:
To be clear, I'm just pulling those figures out of thin air. I don't actually know how many enchants it would take to get a particular item up to 1,000,000 gold.

Currently, Enchanting costs do not go down through a natural system. What I mean is, if something was patched to change the costs then that's one thing, but there's no system in place that would reduce the cost for Enchanting an item as it stands.
Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the quick response Grimiku!
Well, since we now have the answer. A potentially simpler solution than trickling down over time could be to not increase the cost when selecting the original property. So the only time the enchanting cost goes up is when you actually switch the property. Just a thought.
[quote]

Currently, Enchanting costs do not go down through a natural system.

I compiled a feedback post with one of these as my suggestions. Could I trouble you to comment on some?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505791408#1
04/18/2014 04:05 PMPosted by blackheart01
Well, since we now have the answer. A potentially simpler solution than trickling down over time could be to not increase the cost when selecting the original property. So the only time the enchanting cost goes up is when you actually switch the property. Just a thought.

Would be appreciate im tryng to get the max dmg i can on my thunder fury and it cost 1.5m each time .. its starting to be a lot
Enchanting was a good idea destroyed by way way too much RNG.

You should simply not get the same stat you are trying to replace unless you check a box that says "include stat you are trying to change" once you get a stat and it's not the one you want it should be removed from the RNG table for the next attempt.
This is the only way that escalating costs should be included, as it is now it should not escalate.
Instead of resetting over time they should just reach a hard cap, and possibly fall back down over time. As is it can get out of hand very quickly, to test my "luck" at that time I tried to get my witch doctors neck to 90+ crit damage, at the end costing 3.6m per attempt.

Figures i go play a rift and the first thing that drops is better than what I was rerolling...

Tootles 150m~

Thanks

edit:

Then how about you take an enchant past 2.5 mill, say 3 mill, then relog and see the cost.
Because you will find it back at 2.5 mill. (unless you hotfixed it already).
Nope. The system is complete !@#$.
You should straight up just get to PICK which affix you want. The only RNG in the process should be how good a roll you get. Period.

Make it more expensive to compensate.
If your crafting cost goes above 600k per roll then you can just recreate the game and it'll go back down to 600k.
I needed a socket into my maximus , I did.... after 17 tries, melted my gold like snow. I felt i was beeing punish for beeing unlucky... and this, in my opinion, is bad design.
04/18/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Atriax
If your crafting cost goes above 600k per roll then you can just recreate the game and it'll go back down to 600k.

Wow... did not know that....still bad tough

It actually does seem to reset for some legs, though. I've been trying to increase the crit on my magefists, but I don't have a lot of souls at any given time, so I do it sporadically when I happen to get one and the cost resets. I'm not complaining though. In fact, I think it would be a fantastic thing if it worked that way for every single item you enchant. This arbitrary price scaling is seriously one of the most stupid ideas you guys came up with for this expansion. It only amplifies the frustration produced by that half-assed gold sink mystic NPC you included in the game. It wasn't bad enough to have ridiculous crafting material costs for legs, and more specifically, for legendary rings and amulets, eh? Please, get rid of that gold price scaling.