2H Gotta be fixed.

Items and Crafting
Yes I know it is a dead horse, but it still is inexcusable.

An entire genre of weapon is useless except for 1 class (Crusader) who has a semi-fix (a fix that costs them a game changing passive skill slot).

Two-Handed weapons including swords, axes, maces, diabos, polearms, and 2-handed mighty weapons MUST see drastic buffs in order to be remotely justifiable.

So how do you make a 2h that is strong enough to be cause excitement, but not immediately force everyone to move to one? I propose a simple change. Take every current stat roll for 2H weapons, and double their MAX END possibilities.

Example:
If 2h can currently roll 500-1000 bonus dmg, allow them to roll 500-2000.
If it can roll 1 socket, allow it to roll 1 or 2 sockets.
Able to roll 450-650 Str/int/vit now make it 450-1300.

This will ensure 2h wep do not immediately become the new norm, but with good rolls, you could find one actually worth using.
Since my thread about it didn't gain any traction, I'll post in this one :)

I think the damage bonus is fine, and 2 sockets is too powerful. They already do roll with increased stats, but perhaps allowing 2H weapons to roll with an additional affix would be a good idea. Below are two other potential fixes from my thread earlier, one easier than the other:

Give gems a separate category for 2H weapons.

Radiant star emerald:
1H Weapon: Critical Hit Damage Increased by 100%
2H Weapon: Critical Hit Damage Increased by 150%

The idea has been mentioned multiple times before. The numbers are examples, and this may not be enough, but it seems like a no-brainer. Other solutions may be better, but the damage rolls and increased stats on 2H items are not enough for anyone with decent 1H weapons or 1H/OH.

The above solution is easy to implement and makes sense (the items take up 2 slots after all)

Some random ramifications and possible other long-term solutions follow:

2H are NOT broken for ALL classes. DH's can still use quivers with them, and crusaders can use them with a shield. But Barbs, Wizards, WD, and Monks lose a LOT when using a 2H item.

Thus, the BEST idea i saw for fixing 2H weapons was adding an additional off-hand items that would work with a 2H weapon, like a DH quiver: a tassel, inscription, or other weapon adornment or some sort that would neat bonuses. Obviously, the amount of work that would go into tuning such items would not be insignificant, hence the above offered "first" step to fixing weapons.

Would it make DH and/or Crusader OP to buff gems? Maybe, but I think other classes would appreciate the trade-off. Every time a 2H item drops for my Barb/Wiz/WD/Monk, I think, "Man, that looks like it would be fun to use, too bad it's a 2H item." I might use it a bit for kicks, but it is inevitably tossed to the side.

In short, a gem fix seems like a quick/easy/no-brainer solution that might actually make people seriously consider (or even use!) using a 2H weapon.
My HC Barb has a 2 Handed Sword...

Maximus
1392-1687 Fire Damage
1037 Strength
2677.8 DPS
15% more fire damage
1008 Vitality
10,947 life after kill

Pretty cool, so I gave it a try... STILL USING IT! LOVE IT!!

Demon does great damage and the fire chain is extremely usefull.

I don't think I can go back to duel-wield on this one.
Easy 2her fix.

"Crusader Only"

Done.
I found an IK 2H weapon yesterday with some really nice rolls, but I just can't justify replacing my current weapons with it even though it looks awesome and would probably hit pretty hard because of the high top end damage. I know I can't really complain because I do have some really nice dw weapons, but man if they could just buff 2 handers in some way to make them more viable it would be great. How can any 2h possibly compete with the crit damage from 2 emeralds or high main stat rolls on 2 weapons. It's just impossible.
04/14/2014 11:20 AMPosted by MetalJet666
My HC Barb has a 2 Handed Sword...

Maximus
1392-1687 Fire Damage
1037 Strength
2677.8 DPS
15% more fire damage
1008 Vitality
10,947 life after kill

Pretty cool, so I gave it a try... STILL USING IT! LOVE IT!!

Demon does great damage and the fire chain is extremely usefull.

I don't think I can go back to duel-wield on this one.

That demon is indeed awesome. Sadly that is a 2h weapon that is held up from its awesome legendary affix, not because 2h weps are in a good place.

Kappa, you have some good ideas as well my friend.
it's big problem how to adjust 2h weapon for the blz.
It seems most 2H weapons are useless except Maximus.
Honestly if they just changed gems so that the bonuses were 2x as much in a 2H with the caveat that it only applied as long as you didn't equip an offhand of some type (i.e. dh and crusader would only get the standard bonuses when equipping a quiver or shield with a 2h) it would make them instantly viable without harming class balance.
04/14/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Kappa
Since my thread about it didn't gain any traction, I'll post in this one :)

I think the damage bonus is fine, and 2 sockets is too powerful. They already do roll with increased stats, but perhaps allowing 2H weapons to roll with an additional affix would be a good idea. Below are two other potential fixes from my thread earlier, one easier than the other:

Give gems a separate category for 2H weapons.

Radiant star emerald:
1H Weapon: Critical Hit Damage Increased by 100%
2H Weapon: Critical Hit Damage Increased by 150%

The idea has been mentioned multiple times before. The numbers are examples, and this may not be enough, but it seems like a no-brainer. Other solutions may be better, but the damage rolls and increased stats on 2H items are not enough for anyone with decent 1H weapons or 1H/OH.

The above solution is easy to implement and makes sense (the items take up 2 slots after all)

Some random ramifications and possible other long-term solutions follow:

2H are NOT broken for ALL classes. DH's can still use quivers with them, and crusaders can use them with a shield. But Barbs, Wizards, WD, and Monks lose a LOT when using a 2H item.

Thus, the BEST idea i saw for fixing 2H weapons was adding an additional off-hand items that would work with a 2H weapon, like a DH quiver: a tassel, inscription, or other weapon adornment or some sort that would neat bonuses. Obviously, the amount of work that would go into tuning such items would not be insignificant, hence the above offered "first" step to fixing weapons.

Would it make DH and/or Crusader OP to buff gems? Maybe, but I think other classes would appreciate the trade-off. Every time a 2H item drops for my Barb/Wiz/WD/Monk, I think, "Man, that looks like it would be fun to use, too bad it's a 2H item." I might use it a bit for kicks, but it is inevitably tossed to the side.

In short, a gem fix seems like a quick/easy/no-brainer solution that might actually make people seriously consider (or even use!) using a 2H weapon.

I made a post about this a while back. Received no love.

DH: Already has Quiver with 2H bows/crossbows

Barbs: Buckler. A small shield that attaches to the wrist or forearm - allows the barb a small block chance. Acts as a Wiz' offhand does. Adds damage. Can proc its own damage in close proximity similar to thorns

Wizard: Bangles. A small set of trinkets that hangs around the wrists.
Or: Mageblade-- a small blade that can be held on the offhand. (Such as wizardspike...--HRRR CAN LIFT 300LB SHIELD OR LEVITATE STUFF IN MY LEFT HAND... BUT CANT... HOLD... A.... D.....AAGGER........ *HURK*) Hell, let the WD Class specific main hand also drop as a Wizard Offhand.

Monk: Razor'd Tassles. Hang from the belt. When the monk spins, a small chance to create open wounds occurs to all monsters in range. Additionally, any open wound procs have a chance to blind. Aside from that, extra stat space.

WD: Skullstring: WD version of tassles. Like a string of shrunken heads. Can have abilities like locust swarm that attract mobs to WD or fear them away.
Another fix that Id really like to see is to make sure 2h weapons of all kinds always roll with their appropriate main stat. I 2h Sword should always roll with STR for instance. Along with this make these items only drop when you are playing an appropriate class. Tired of seeing inappropriate items for my WZ drop constantly.
04/14/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Halcyon

I made a post about this a while back. Received no love.

DH: Already has Quiver with 2H bows/crossbows

Barbs: Buckler. A small shield that attaches to the wrist or forearm - allows the barb a small block chance. Acts as a Wiz' offhand does. Adds damage. Can proc its own damage in close proximity similar to thorns

Wizard: Bangles. A small set of trinkets that hangs around the wrists.
Or: Mageblade-- a small blade that can be held on the offhand. (Such as wizardspike...--HRRR CAN LIFT 300LB SHIELD OR LEVITATE STUFF IN MY LEFT HAND... BUT CANT... HOLD... A.... D.....AAGGER........ *HURK*) Hell, let the WD Class specific main hand also drop as a Wizard Offhand.

Monk: Razor'd Tassles. Hang from the belt. When the monk spins, a small chance to create open wounds occurs to all monsters in range. Additionally, any open wound procs have a chance to blind. Aside from that, extra stat space.

WD: Skullstring: WD version of tassles. Like a string of shrunken heads. Can have abilities like locust swarm that attract mobs to WD or fear them away.

Things like this are great, and are probably the ideal solution.

Unfortunately, it requires a fair amount of work that Blizzard may or may not be willing to do right now.

We can wish, but in the meantime, some fix using already-existing assets would be nice (like gem/socket changes, or changing affixes).

I had a really cool legendary staff drop for my wizard, but there's no way it comes close to competing with the things my source provide.
04/14/2014 11:49 AMPosted by NeverFinal
Another fix that Id really like to see is to make sure 2h weapons of all kinds always roll with their appropriate main stat. I 2h Sword should always roll with STR for instance. Along with this make these items only drop when you are playing an appropriate class. Tired of seeing inappropriate items for my WZ drop constantly.

If 2h got buffed to being descent, you might find one worth using on your wiz. With fixed 2h, you could find a 2h that is slow casting but super high dmg. It could work just as well as 1h + offhand that you currently MUST use due to terrible 2h itemization.
Make emeralds more effective when placed inside 2-handers.

There. Fixed.
simple just buff the damage by 25% to 50% on 2 handers problem solved
I super agree with buffing 2h, but let it be known that ranged 2H weapons are already significantly weaker than melee 2H to make up for being able to use a quiver (highest roll xbow ive seen is like 2600+ and ive seen melee 2h commonly over 3000 dps, they straight up get higher dmg roll mod)!
I'm using Flying Dragon right now as a monk, and I don't see myself using anything else (2handed) that would be viable as it is right now.

I'm pretty sure that the best idea would be like some said, to add 1 primary affix and probably making the affixes rolling a bit higher.

I think I got lucky with the flying dragon because the legendary affix is very good (double attack speed on proc)
Im using a Maximus possibly the only useful 2h weapon in the game right now.

Dual wielding by default increases your attack speed by 15%. What we need is every class EXCEPT CRUSADER get a general buff to their stats when using a 2h weapon. "Base damage is increased 15%". Thats what we need.

Then it would be comparable to dw setups, nothing would be needed to change item stats, and crusader would not need to be addressed. You cannot simply add more damage or sockets because then it becomes OP for Crusaders. It has to be a general buff when using 2h except crusaders.
only 2hander melee weapons worth using are Stalgards, Maximus,Kyros, Scourge the rest should be thrown in the trash where they belong or deleted from the game.
ranged 2handers have much higher attk speed; bows/hand crossbows have higher attack speed than 1handed weapons and also benefit even more from attk speed from quivers. ranged 2handers are far superior than melee 2handers. Nothing needs to be done w ranged 2handers

04/14/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Geff
I super agree with buffing 2h, but let it be known that ranged 2H weapons are already significantly weaker than melee 2H to make up for being able to use a quiver (highest roll xbow ive seen is like 2600+ and ive seen melee 2h commonly over 3000 dps, they straight up get higher dmg roll mod)!
they are too busy nerfi... oh i mean fixing bugs.