Can we safely say they have failed?

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 5 6 7 21 Next
They failed so hard on making legendaries feel legendary. Upscaled rares, WOOHOO so legendary!... NOT
Legendary Staff weapons. Nuff said.
I can't imagine a wizard in their right mind who would even consider using a staff.
The only thing I think needs to happen is legendaries all need their own unique affix. Even if they're bad. I have the belt that casts haunt when you open chests etc. I don't even care if it's bad or inefficient, I purposely try to open chests or drag mobs to chests just to trigger it.
I agree it really is sad... I dont even have to roll items anymore.. A 2 handed weapon drops and I announce it in Mumble only to hear my buddies all comment "well that sucks for you..." I mean I didnt even discover it to see it sucks.. We automatically know it is going to be crap...

That is why I spend more of my time playing Marvel Heroes... There is something to be said about a quality game these days... Blizz needs to take some notes and learn how to better the ARPG, and quit acting like they know it all.. I have said this for a while now, but Blizz is slowly falling through a downward spiral and their time as the "Kings of Gaming" is no more... If only they could see it and improve instead of acting like their ish dont stink...
After playing this game more, Loot 2.0 is nothing more than higher primary stats, higher weapon damage along with neutering the roll system to a 4/2 affix system and having the inability to balance life steal so they resort to the extremely poor LoH. Worst of all, the itemization is still awful.
04/17/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Vitale
There going backwards now nerfing !@#$ fixing stuff that is fun

Im quiting the game because of the shard of hate nerf
I'm sorry they fixed your broken weapon so you can't faceroll everything anymore by pressing one button.
sigh
04/17/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Warp

I'm sorry they fixed your broken weapon so you can't faceroll everything anymore by pressing one button.

Profile unavailable. Nice troll post. SoH was fine and at worst needed a slight scaling down(coming from a wizard player).

I'm still facerolling T6 with it...it's just that baddies needed the WW build to use it.
04/17/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Hlidskjalf
...I'm sorry they fixed your broken weapon so you can't faceroll everything anymore by pressing one button.

I'm still facerolling T6 with it...it's just that baddies needed the WW build to use it.
Sssshhh, don't tell them. They still think that WW is good and that "one-button" builds are fun.
04/17/2014 09:37 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
The root problem is that gear defines characters in D3 and gear is far too class and build specific.

Correct. People don't understand that, objectively, in a system that revolves around main stat DPS building like this one does (this is the CORE of the game, folks), the rolls on legendary items are indeed "exciting". They have more of the "power giver!" numbers than rares! Yay!

The problem is that the system itself becomes boring very quickly, so the exciting elements of the system seem boring too.

The game isn't designed like D2, it's designed like World of Warcraft in terms of gear. They probably did this for a couple of reasons, but my biggest guess would be that they felt that D2's item system was too complicated for your average lunchpale Joe.
Travis Day took the itemization in the right direction. But it's not even close to where it needs to be. He needs a lot more help designing cool legendary affixes on items.

To hell too cool affixes for now they need to refocus on their 4/2 main stats. They have reigned the entire system into a short range, removed ability for certain affixes to even exist together on a single item, limited the chance for truly spectacular rolls to happen in the name of balance (or some crp!) and put emphasis on tiny steps forward in upgrading gear (from an affix probability perspective).

If they do new "cool" affixes the number one orange affix I want to read on an item would be something like "Rolls two more Primary Stats." or "We took your Critical Hit Damage and doubled it." or "Congratulations, you're the proud owner of a double socket weapon."
Blizzard can still fix this game if they do something about it. They are so quick to fix bugs(even fun harmless bugs like SoH) yet so painfully slow in deciding how to fundamentally make this game fun. By the time they do figure it out me and I'm sure many other people will have lost interest. This will probably be the last time the D3 department gets any of my money.

Half of the posts on this forum are a bunch of trolls and cry babies. The other half, however, is giving a lot of constructive criticism, feedback and suggestions on how to make this game better. Listen to your community Blizzard and figure it out, it's not that hard. It shouldn't take 3 months. At least just say you're aware of the problems and you're working it out. SOMETHING.
SOH = TRASH = I QUIT GAME

Blizzard decided to apply an "on hit" skill coef on a weapon that don't have a "on hit" proc.

We are all ok to say that SoH pre-nerf was a bit OP. Why that ?
Because the internal CD of SoH was not working when dual wielding.

Blizzard decided to fix it and it was a GOOD thing. SoH now proc something like 2 times per second max with single target skills with high proc coef.
And thats why its still very good with skills like Weapon Throw or Frenzy.

Then Blizzard applied a second (and totally stupid) change.
They decided, out of the blue, that SoH proc should use the proc coef of skills just like TF or Odyn.

Its an error and its a proof that they don't have a clue how their own game works.

TF and Odyn have "On hit" effects. It means that the proc is triggered every time you hit a monster.
SoH is "On skill use" effect. It means that the proc is triggered when you use a certain skill.

Why does skill coef exist ? Because AOE Skills hits multiple monster per cast. If you don't use an "On Hit" coef (0.13 for WW) the proc effect gonna apply
way too much.
WW hit frequency is 2 time your Sheet APS per second. Say you have 2APS, WW gonna hit 4 times per second.Say that 5 monsters are in your WW AOE.
Its now 4*5 = 20 attacks per second. Its obvious that 20 Odyn proc per second would be totally OP. Thats why low coef on aoe skills exist.

Take the SoH now.
IT IS NOT an "on hit proc". You won't get more proc if you hit more monsters.
Thats why its totaly stupid to apply the super low proc coef of aoe skills on hit.

Take a Wizard. SoH use a super low proc coef on Frozen Orb now because Frozen Orb can hit 20 monsters.
But you don't have a chance to proc for every single mob hit by your Frozen Orb. You only have a chance each time you CAST frozen orb.
How stupid is that ? huh ? The coef were created because it would be stupid to proc "on hit" 20 time for each orb.
They were not created to proc "on cast" effects 1 time ou of 20 orbs.

Thats why the second part of the nerf was an error.
And thats why SoH is now utter trash.

Blizzard failed because they don't even now how this game works.

This part of the nerf is bad, non intended, and should be reverted.
The ICD fix is ok and needed.
The proc coef is wrong and absurd.
They should just add more affixes to legendary items, and a special ability for all. I would go with 5 primary affixes, and 3 secondary (including the special ability). As for 2-handed weapons, 6 primary 4 secondary (including the special ability), and with a low possible chance of rolling 2 sockets.
They should be ashamed of themselves.

How could you have a legendary that give 40% proc on a special skill, yet add a 8 to 10 seconds cool internal cool down?
Well the problem is not only have the failed, but when something good does exist in the game, scrubs get angry that they don't have it and call for nerfs. The shard nerf hurt my barb, but I'm more concerned because I just got a mask of jeram for my WD main and I know it's only a matter of time before Casual Joe with his blackthornes boots and neanderthal main hand complains loudly enough until Blizzard nerfs my item into the ground. History has shown that Blizzard will cave in to forum complaints every single time, and the sad reality is that the average person making these posts lacks the basic mental faculties to succeed in a 2 button game where you can slide the difficulty down to 3 year old mode.
04/17/2014 09:37 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
The whole concept of "build-changing legendaries" sounds cool at first pass, but it's actually a really terrible concept even if they succeed, which they have clearly not.

It almost impossible to make a build changing legendaries when your character build options are so limited. Gear plays a larger roll in builds paragon / skills and you have clear winners in both players gear towards those not build.
04/17/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Cannabidiol
I can't imagine a wizard in their right mind who would even consider using a staff.

Don't get me started on monk 2h...