Captain Crimsons Set

Hardcore
Hello,

I got a question about Captain Crimsons Set.
On which difficulty it starts to drop?
If it dropps in normal too, is it better to farm it there? cause the speed is higher than t1+ ?

And can the set be obtained by Dane Bright? (random vendor on northern highlands)
It is a crafted set. You need the plans, then you farm the materials from razor mouth or a couple of rare spawns in a2.

Great set though, I love it.
04/21/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
It is a crafted set. You need the plans, then you farm the materials from razor mouth or a couple of rare spawns in a2.

Great set though, I love it.

thank you for your comment, but thats not the answer for my question...
Are you trying to ask how to get the plan?It will drop at any difficulty in any area, so just play the game and it will drop eventually.
04/21/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Sensylis
Hello,

If it dropps in normal too, is it better to farm it there? cause the speed is higher than t1+ ?

And can the set be obtained by Dane Bright? (random vendor on northern highlands)

The set plans drop in any difficulty.

Depending on how many plans you have already your probability of finding a specific plan is low. Keep running bounties\rifts you will get it eventually.

No idea if the vendor can sell this. Someone else can field this, I got mine to drop running a bounty.
Thank you, hopefully i will met the Vendor, or it will drop :D
Hello,

Yes he did answer your question,

•Acquired from: Act II, Black Canyon Mines, Razormouth (Rare spawn Dune Thresher), Bounty: Kill Razormouth
Act II, Stinging Winds, Monstrous Dune Thresher (Rare spawn Dune Thresher)
Act II, Sewers of Caldeum, Moontooth Dreadshark (Rare spawn Dune Thresher, appears from some rubble)

•Where to farm: Act II, Sewers of Caldeum (Moontooth Dreadshark appears from some rubble in a daed end pointing north east, requiring to walk into it before you see him)

Drops on level 70, and you can farm normal (15% chance) all the way up to Toment 6 (77% chance)
04/21/2014 08:18 AMPosted by Swisha
Hello,

Yes he did answer your question,

•Acquired from: Act II, Black Canyon Mines, Razormouth (Rare spawn Dune Thresher), Bounty: Kill Razormouth
Act II, Stinging Winds, Monstrous Dune Thresher (Rare spawn Dune Thresher)
Act II, Sewers of Caldeum, Moontooth Dreadshark (Rare spawn Dune Thresher, appears from some rubble)

•Where to farm: Act II, Sewers of Caldeum (Moontooth Dreadshark appears from some rubble in a daed end pointing north east, requiring to walk into it before you see him)

Drops on level 70, and you can farm normal (15% chance) all the way up to Toment 6 (77% chance)

No, I answered the wrong question. He was asking where to farm the plans, and also if a specific rare vendor has it.

@OP: I found the plans just playing the game, keep grinding and you'll get them. I got the aughild's plan within 24 hours of starting my legendary crafted sets binge, and I already had the others.

edit: I'm so glad that I took Captain Crimson's Thrust off of my girl barb, that was just a bit...odd... to see her wear that.

edit: and btw, it is a MAJOR pita to farm Capt Crimson materials. I found more than enough of aughilds and ashearas while farming for Capt Crimson, in fact.
I dont think the captain's set is worth crafting. Aughild's and asheara's are much better imo.
04/21/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Crovakiet
I dont think the captain's set is worth crafting. Aughild's and asheara's are much better imo.

Capt Crimson is better for some classes than others. It's not as good as other sets for a WD. But for a barb, especially a fire barb, I find that it's awesome.
The plans itself can theoretically drop in any difficulty off any mob.
I dont think you can buy this plan from Dane Bright, he only sells low level plans.

This set is great for anyone who wishes to reduce cooldown on skills.

As for the crafting material, it's called Essence of the twin seas, that seems to drop off any named Dune Thresher. I've had some luck getting this. Solo farming got me 2 drops in about 20mins.

If you wish to farm for this crafting mat, or Born's set, also good for cooldown reduction, sign up here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504781751
dane bright sells all levels of plans...
04/22/2014 12:31 AMPosted by Rexor
dane bright sells all levels of plans...

This seems to be confirmed, the lvl 12 plans are just rare but he does sell lvl 12 plans. However no confirmation if he sells every level 12 plan but I don't see why not.

Link to thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/23l4sg/information_about_dane_bright_d/
The plan can also drop from Horadric Caches.
post for me