Please Blizzard some Troll Control over rift closing?

General Discussion
1 2 3 44 Next
So atleast 95% of the players in this game agrees BOA has to go and now more than half of my friends refuse to play this game with me everyone says they are frustrated by BOA we cannot trade and they cannot get a single good drop its a miserable disappointing situation that no one wants to be a part off. BOA creates a look at me and be jelly mentality like owning gold collection avatars in Heroes of Newerth. Look at me and be jelly you will never have this alt hero costume but I will so look at me and cry some more"

BOA is supposed to be a whole new welcoming experience but in reality its a repulsive and parasitic experience and 95% of the players agree and if something isn't done about it then there will be no players left.

Then people are coming into the game speaking with orek and exiting immediately. So this way no one ever has to farm for gold anymore just join every game and speak with orek. In most cases they are either almost finished killing the rift guardian or already have done so.

I am going to do the same since Blizzard isn't going to fix this exploit. Makes no sense I farm for gold when I can get 100k in 4 seconds by stealing from others its so much easier.
[/b]

Getting sickening of trolls who keep closing the rifts after you make it VERY clear to them not to do so.

There is no system put in place its like living in a country without any laws or anyone to enforce the laws.

Please put in a system where everyone must agree to close the rift after rift guardian dies and if 8 minute passes then anyone can close it automatically.

Getting really really annoyed at trolls ruining this game for everyone.

If I spend my fragments on MY rift I expect to get my time and fragments worth. There are epic awesome stages in rifts that has tons of elites and chests and armor/weapon racks and just like that a troll will close the rift and exit immediately. Its REALLY out of control now they are ruining the game for everyone.

Another solution is NO ONE should be allowed to close a rift is there is still someone inside it. But the best option is to only let the person who open the rift to be able to close it if you don't like it thats your problem because its MY RIFT

UPDATED here is an excellent post by a user that I think Blizzard should implement

04/14/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Lycinia
Let the person who opened the rift decide when to close it. If you don't like his/her style of play don't party with him/her next time. Simple enough. Someone who really needs to be in charge of rifts will also be someone who spends the most fragments.

04/14/2014 09:18 AMPosted by ZombieFodder

The simple thing to do is to have the rift guardian spawn after at least 95% of the mobs in the instance have been killed. This way you don't find yourself hunting that one mob that's hiding under a loose stone, and you can feel pretty confident that you've cleared the vast majority of the instance.
04/14/2014 06:13 AMPosted by JOHN
Getting sickening of trolls who keep closing the rifts after you make it VERY clear to them not to do so.
Because you make it"clear" is why the kids do it. Good luck! :)
The reward for completing a rift should also be given at the time the guardian dies, not when it is handed in. This solves the issue of someone forgetting to turn in the quest for their reward as well as would cut down on the people closing it to get their reward.
Please put in a system where everyone must agree to close the rift after rift guardian dies and if 8 minute passes then anyone can close it automatically..

This would just create another problem. Someone would decide not to close it, and people who just want to leave the game would have to wait 8 minutes for the quest xp or lose it.

The reward for completing a rift should also be given at the time the guardian dies, not when it is handed in. This solves the issue of someone forgetting to turn in the quest for their reward as well as would cut down on the people closing it to get their reward.

This is a good idea.
Why do you need the rift open for so long? Not using time and space efficiently? :/
Just close the damn rift after the guardian dies.

THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON TO KEEP IT OPEN !!
04/14/2014 06:33 AMPosted by shipit

Pretty much this.

If a legendary dropped and you didnt have space, drop a blue or yellow item on the ground and pick it up. Its not like you miss much by not selling a few yellow or blue items, it just speeds up the runs for everyone else.

amen.
The reason to keep it open is to finish clearing it. With Rifts having the highest chance to drop legendarys, people want to fully clear it before closing it out, especially if they don't have a lot of rift fragments.

Its retarded to do so since leg drops are highest in rifts

Most people play rifts for leg drops not for shards. Its kinda the whole point Blizzard was trying to make
Ya and people are starting to figure out Rift prefixes/affixes and certain Rift types are better than others. I believe Cabalist's ________ are usually huge maps with high concentrations of elite packs, therefore whenever I get one of these I always clear the entire Rift.
^ yeah exactly
Rift concentrations are random, from my experience (inb4 people noticing I'm not 70 on my only character but failing to realize I have played most classes via playtime, which shows I delete characters).

I always close a rift right away for the bonus xp/gold. Rift fragments are so easy to get, why not do it again?

Or... Leave the rift open until someone opens another, maybe? Is there some good reason that it needs to close before a new one is made? (Yeah, they would have to change it so the ghost opens the rifts instead of the pylon itself.)
Let the person who opened the rift decide when to close it. If you don't like his/her style of play don't party with him/her next time. Simple enough. Someone who really needs to be in charge of rifts will also be someone who spends the most fragments.
04/14/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Lycinia

Great point

I think this is the best solution. Why should others have control over the person who spent his fragments to close the rift?
OP, you will never control everyone, and it sounds like you come off abrasive in parties. If this kind of thing bothers you so much, soloing really might be the best option for you. Someone will always do something you don't like in a party otherwise.
The OP is right and has a great point. Right now the system has an incentive for trolls to leave and join games constantly to see if they can turn-in rifts&caches. It hampers the servers.

I have been in some rifts 10 levels deep and it's fun. I like to see if I can find the goblin packs.