Please Blizzard some Troll Control over rift closing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 44 Next
Thanks all! Really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my follow-up questions. :)
I'd like to point out something that the BLUE/OP didn't mention.

- It's also very possible to lose a legendary due to people closing the rift too soon. It happened to me the other night, we were in the prison level which is sometimes HUGE. The rift was closing so I checked the map and sure enough there was a legendary on the other side of the prison. I got about 2/3rd the way toward the leg when the rift closed. I wasn't a happy camper.
04/15/2014 11:27 AMPosted by JaxonSky
I'd like to point out something that the BLUE/OP didn't mention.

- It's also very possible to lose a legendary due to people closing the rift too soon. It happened to me the other night, we were in the prison level which is sometimes HUGE. The rift was closing so I checked the map and sure enough there was a legendary on the other side of the prison. I got about 2/3rd the way toward the leg when the rift closed. I wasn't a happy camper.

I have lost gear (like gems and rares) before and I recognize that losing a legendary would really suck.
why not just do a vote / and the leader gets 2 shares in the vote because they opened it
Honestly, it doesn't even matter. this community will complain about anything. if you don't want someone closing your rift, do it solo. problem solved
I also prefer to clear rifts, for a single reason : the chance to encounter a "goblin floor", with many treasure goblins - or a cow floor. Only the one who opened the rift should be able to close it.
Easy fix...Everyone agrees to close the rift...similar to boss encounters except everyone has to agree to it. If someone trolls and doesn't let you close it, don't party with them again, and flag them for misconduct.

Edit: There will always be someone who gets pleasure from trolling others, they'll always find a way.
Q1:
I enjoy clearing the rift because there's a higher chance to get a legendary while in it and if there's a zone with bandits or a ton of elites I don't want to miss out.

Q2:
I think a happy medium would be having more than 1 rift open at a time. Sort of like D2 with the Uber portals to get the organs. Maybe in order to close the rift you need to get to the end or create more than 4 portals and the first one will close automatically. Give the reward exp/gold after you kill the guardian of the rift.

Q3:
I find it a little annoying if I'm finding an elite and someone closes the rift while I'm trying to kill it. I've found several legendaries killing elites or opening chests after the guardian was killed.
I have an even better fix.

When the guardian dies, CLEAR THE RIFT. They're his minions anyway, why do they persist past his death.

End of discussion.
You waive all rights once you went public OP.. serves you right..entitlement in a pub LMAO .
04/15/2014 11:37 AMPosted by Garath
I have an even better fix.

When the guardian dies, CLEAR THE RIFT. They're his minions anyway, why do they persist past his death.

End of discussion.

Amen
I think easiest solution here is if someone turns quest in, it makes a popup like a boss being engaged, where everyone has to click ok to end quest, otherwise it won't end. For me, it's not about "clearing the rift out". But after the rift guardian is dead, going back and picking up all the loot that didn't fit in bags. I usually need a town run to clear bags, then go back and pick up stuff that would not fit. Yes, i still pick up yellows. I like having a lot of materials for crafting options.
Before Lylirra extended this thread someone created a continuation thread which is now locked.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504780931?page=1
I think with the drop changes most folks are full clearing rifts cause of the bonus. The idea is to spend as little time in bounties as possible unless you are specifically after those items.

The current system for spawning the guardian is ok (Kill 75% or 80% of monsters). It needs to be double checked in maps with large amounts of summoned monsters though as this usually skews it leaving lots of rift left after the boss.

The reward for the rift should be a high density of champion and elite packs, the boss is just a bonus. The density of the mobs should be high enough that folks want to clear the rest of it just for that.

Also this fix is win. I know quite a few friends who have been powerlevelling just by jumping around public games and closing rifts for the XP. It is rather fast if you know what you are doing. It is a lame tactic even though it gets a lot of xp and its a good thing more people haven't caught on.
This is a sad thread.

The Devs did a great job designing the rifts - yeah, I know that a lot of areas in the rifts are pieces of existing areas of the game with some new additions. But the lighting, coloring,music, and the way they are pieced together, among other things, makes them first class deeply immerssive game environments. The variety is amazing and they are all dark yet beautiful. I'd bet that those complaining of being tired of running through tunnels are the same who quit after the Guardian.

The Devs took the time to develop multi-level rifts with one to four levels after the Guardian. It's sad that players are more concerned with what they believe to be be efficient farming rather than immersing themselves in game-play. Having done all of this work on multiple levels do you really believe that leaving the game immediately after killing the Guardian, making it so most players would never see those levels, that the Devs made the game so that the best way to play the game is to grab the near worthless shards/gambling chips, grab your puny Quest reward and run ?

The new team did a great job on ROS. Of course there's a lot of improvements to be made. But I find it hard to believe that Blizzard paid for the development of those multi-tiered rifts soley to please the creators' vanity.

Given what I have seen on the age check threads, it's no surprise that the same attitude of allegedly efficient ways of making money on Wall Street with millisecond front running and a host of other selfish quick buck schemes that are destroying the Nation's economy have been brought into an RPG. The chase with "efficient" methods by the young turks on Wall Street that have nothing to do with the fundamentals of the real world economy but are motivated soley to obtain more money than you could possibly spend in a truly luxury lifestyle while isolating oneself from the real world of business and industry are analogous to the claimed "efficient" farming methods that are a road to higher tiered items akin to a dog chasing it's own tail while isolating oneself from all the true value of immersive game-play offered by ROS.

Your gaming style is soley your choice. What you get out of your gameplay is the result of your choice. Whatever floats your boat.

D3 is a game without end. What could efficiency have to do with enjoying such a game.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
04/15/2014 11:39 AMPosted by KeAkua
You waive all rights once you went public OP.. serves you right..entitlement in a pub LMAO .

You don't have to be in a public game for this to be an issue. I had Quick Join for friends turned on an one of my friends came in and closed the rift while I was in it. I was upset and I told him why I was angry and he unfriended me because he thought I was nuts.
not everyone has the time you do.
It's not "your" rift. Everyone helped clear the rift, put in the time and are entitled to get their rewards. Why should they wait for your to be done clearing the rest of the rift if they want to leave right away?

If you want "your own" rift, don't play public games.

And you all make it sound like 5 keystones is such a big deal. It's honestly not. Most people have stacks and stacks of them. In fact, I would gladly spend 5 to close your stupid rift just so I don't have to wait for the rest of the clear.

Just give the reward right after the guardian dies, without anyone having to close the rift. That way people who want to leave can leave and people who want to stay can stay. Easy.
04/15/2014 11:47 AMPosted by hawkeye
The Devs took the time to develop multi-level rifts with one to four levels after the Guardian.

You've obviously never been in a 1 floor rift before.

Why are you even in this discussion?
04/14/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Lylirra

Question #1: After killing a Rift Boss, do you prefer:
  • Clearing the Rift in its entirety before collecting your rewards?

- OR-
  • Collecting your rewards immediately, closing the Rift before clearing?

Question #2: In your opinion, what do you feel would be a happy medium between the two different playstyles (clearing Rifts vs. not clearing Rifts)?

Question #3: Why does having a Rift closed in a group before you have a chance to clear it (if you prefer that option) bother you or frustrate you? From a personal perspective, how does it negatively affect your gameplay? (Or does it even affect you?)

[/quote]

1. if it's an AWFUL rift (and there are way too many) then I close it after checking the next level for density, if it's a good rift I clear

2. if there weren't so many low density rifts i wouldn't close any early, but people who are just farming shards probably still will. the bonus bounty shard acquisition rate is awful and really there should be bonus bounty: gold bonus bounty: exp and bonus bounty: gem rewards in addition.

3. It doesn't frustrate me at all because I don't play public games, but if I did I would be really annoyed if some dude (assuming they weren't afking in town or getting carried) closed a really good rift.