Please Blizzard some Troll Control over rift closing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 44 Next
Anything you can find in an old rift you can also find in a new rift, there is absolutely no reason to leave a finished rift open.

If you want to play inefficiently and waste people's time, do it solo or with friends. The rest of us will close a rift, regardless who made it as soon as possible, so we can begin the next one as soon as possible.

This thread has come up several times already, and always dies on the same question: Tell me one thing, just one single thing that you can find in a completed rift, that you cannot find in a new rift.

/thread
Finishing off a rift won't yield any higher returns on potential drops than closing it and opening a new one. That one more mob that you could have killed the previous rift isn't any different than the 1 more mob you will kill in the next rift. It makes much more sense for everything you kill to be put towards the summoning of another rift guardian instead.

Key fragments are essentially worthless so that isn't much of a reason.
After the guardian dies you should be able to get your reward and the one that opened the rift should be the one that closes it.

There are more levels under that guardian. I see why you would want them open long enough to clear the whole section out.
maybe if the rift density was increased 100% i would play after the guardian....
04/14/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Demonpriest

This thread has come up several times already, and always dies on the same question: Tell me one thing, just one single thing that you can find in a completed rift, that you cannot find in a new rift.

/thread

I think it has more to do with what is being lost in terms of xp.
A lot of confirmation bias in here.
04/14/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Fox

/thread

What loss in exp? You are losing exp by not starting a new rift asap to work towards another completion bonus.
04/14/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Fox

/thread

You get more XP by turning in the quest and starting a new rift,
I NEVER public group. People are retarded. They stay in town, leach with low dps, whatever.
Idiots a plenty and I just don't do it.

Just solo man, alot less headache.
Xp is xp no matter how you look at it. Leaving mobs in the rift leaves xp in the rift.
They do have a right to close the rift whenever they want. Blizzard's design says so. As others have said, stop playing in public games if you care so much about when the rift is closed.

Seriously... it's that simple.
OP should NOT be playing in public games.

if you want to follow some silly rules then you should make a private game and only invite people who will follow your silly rules.
make it a vote to close. that way if someone in a party goes afk for a long time with a completed rift open, the others can just vote to close it so they can re-open a new one. and if the person isn't afk and doesn't want the rift to close, then they just vote no and it stays open.
04/14/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Fox
Xp is xp no matter how you look at it. Leaving mobs in the rift leaves xp in the rift.

unless you don't have enough fragments to open the rift, you are looking at this in a completely incorrect way.
Or you can just realize that unless you're in one of a couple of the only good layouts it is far better to just close the rift and move on to the next so that you can kill more rift guardians since those have the best drop rate of items and give the most blood shards...
04/14/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Fox

By that logic you should be clearing every mob in the game every time you start adventure mode. After all, xp is xp and if you don't kill them you're leaving xp in the world.
There is no logical reason to keep rift open after guardian unless you plan on making a castle out of your rift keys.
30 seconds it takes for rift to close and open new one can be spent selling/repairing. By sitting in finished rift you are hampering your own gains. Souls/shards come from completing rift not sitting in it.