Please Blizzard some Troll Control over rift closing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 42 43 44
i haven't read all pages so i don't know if it has been suggested, but i think a good middle ground would be that, once you kill the rift guardian, all remaining elite packs in the next floors get teleported to the floor the guardian was in and scattered through the map. It would be exciting having a map all filled with elite packs.
05/21/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Sephiroth
- Question #1: After killing a Rift Boss, do you prefer:

I would prefer to get a 100++% buff to (experience/gold/)Legendary find AFTER RIft Guardian's death while INSIDE the rift to make up for the otherwise wasted time spent searching for remaining monsters. This way you will eliminate the problem of premature closings completely. Another idea would be to add fun & rewarding events close to the end of a rift, for example like the "Udder Chaos" one inside cow rifts.

- Question #2:

My approach obviously supports clearing, but only if the monster density is less random and much more dense!

- Question #3:

It doesn't bother or even frustrate me at all with the current design of rifts, since clearing is not rewarding. It even effects my gameplay positively if someone closes my rift, since I don't have to waste time and click on Orek myself and I can go directly to selling/salvaging.

See, I challenge your #3 comment. I always find a few legs after the rift boss dies... def when there are a few more floors left of the rift. How this is a waste of time is beyond me. But if its your rift, its your rift and you do as you please, my rifts stay open.... we clan rift only now, and find tons of stuff after the fact...so must be RNG hates you then....
04/14/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just wanted to jump in say thanks for this discussion! I've already passed it along to our devs.

I've got a few follow-up questions, though. If you'll humor me. :)

Question #1: After killing a Rift Boss, do you prefer:
  • Clearing the Rift in its entirety before collecting your rewards?

- OR-
  • Collecting your rewards immediately, closing the Rift before clearing?

Question #2: In your opinion, what do you feel would be a happy medium between the two different playstyles (clearing Rifts vs. not clearing Rifts)?

Question #3: Why does having a Rift closed in a group before you have a chance to clear it (if you prefer that option) bother you or frustrate you? From a personal perspective, how does it negatively affect your gameplay? (Or does it even affect you?)

Thanks!
1: it depends on what kind of a dungeon I happen to get. if a high density one, I prefer to kill the elite packs first. and most would agree if it is a high density zone/map if I asked.

2: private games and public games handle that very well already. if you join a public game, don't expect others to play within your rules.

3: this is N/A since it doesn't bother me. if this bothers the player, s/he needs to get out of public games.
If you leave rifts open after the boss is dead you're a noob (with the exception of like 2 map layouts).
/thread

I enjoy when randoms close my Rift cause I don't have to town and walk to Orek. I can just keep clearing till it closes.
If i get alot of legendaries in a rift i like to clear it because there could just be much more leg's dropping or even get near the end and see a ton of goblins and someone closes the rift without even thinking.

But of course i don't do public games so i set rules with those that run with me sometimes i will say lets just do RG runs aka just do what ever need to do in order to kill RG and close or i do the opposite of that and wanna clear the entire rift it just depends on how much time i have in a day.
Just wanted to jump in say thanks for this discussion! I've already passed it along to our devs.

- OR-

Question #2: In your opinion, what do you feel would be a happy medium between the two different playstyles (clearing Rifts vs. not clearing Rifts)?

Question #3: Why does having a Rift closed in a group before you have a chance to clear it (if you prefer that option) bother you or frustrate you? From a personal perspective, how does it negatively affect your gameplay? (Or does it even affect you?)

Thanks!

1 - I prefer clearing the whole rift, I'd like to receive the quest rewards at the time the Rift Guardian is killed.

2 - give the rewards when the boss is killed, people that don't want to continue can leave the game because that's what they usually do anyway to avoid opening the next rift.

3 - I find a lot of stuff after killing the RG, possibly more than I find leading up to the Guardian. I've had goblin rifts after the boss kill too, people closing rifts without asking the opener or those guys that just jump in, close & leave are highly frustrating.

The solution, would be to have the rift guardian only spawn on the last level or each player in the group must kill 25% or X number of monsters before the RG appears to promote true team play in public games. Only let people join games that don't have rifts already open.

- OR-

Thanks!

I'll just write a paragraph than separating my points.

Usually I'm a group player, 97-99% of the time. I rarely solo.

My groups consist of my clanmates. My clanmates all come from specific community - thus it's naturally closer than random strangers from internet.

When we do rifts, the party leaders most of the time say what or how we do rifts. Sometimes party members do that, too. We talk to each others often and communicate better, therefore 99% of the time there's no conflict of choosing which one to do (open or close rift).

Quickly closing the rift after RG of dead or clearing it altogether doesn't affect me in the slightest, as mostly it is according to circumstances. If I want quick rifts, I say to people 'Hey can we clear and end fast for this RG? I want Shards.', they'll reply back to me.

The problem in this game is public game. It's a complete stranger playing with other strangers, therefore almost zero communication. You might want to apply some mechanics to prevent griefing - I'm sure there have been suggestions on what to do somewhere in this thread.

- OR-

Thanks!

This is a VERY simple fix.
The person who opens the rift, is the only person who can close the rift.
No one else can close, or claim the reward.

I like clearing the whole rift. I angers me greatly when I open a rift and someone closes it before I complete my quest for more legendary items.
1. I dont usually clear more of a rift than I have to. If there is good density and stuff around after the rift guardian is dead I might clear those. Otherwise I just want to head back to town and close the rift to do another.

2. On one side you have people that just want to close the rift and get the gold and xp and start another. On the other side you have people that want to keep doing the rift. You cant really put it to a vote because one side or the other will get screwed. How about once you kill the rift guardian you get the bonus without having to talk to Orek. Then if you want to stay you can stay and if you want to leave you dont have to wait for everyone for your bonus. For those that stay the rift closes once everyone has talked to Orek or left.

3. It doesnt bother me much either way. But I think alot of people feel they are wasting potential drops by not clearing the rift. They want to make the most of the rift fragments they have.
this is my answer:

Question #1: i prefer to Clearing the Rift in its entirety before collecting my rewards, since in rift i got 100% more leg drop chance so there is no reason for me not to clear my rift. btw if i need quick bloodshard or forgotten soul i prefer to become a runner and join my rift to rift it forward community so i can get the reward quickly without spend any rift keys.

Question #2: for me clearing rift entirety is rewarding and make me happy if the leg drop is many like 2 or more legs there before fight the rift guardian even there is many annoying elites and the area is bad like realm of banished. but if i only found no legs before fight the rift guardian i will prefer to close the rift asap since those rift is bad one.

Question #3: that will frustrate me, because sometimes when i got good luck in that rift found maybe 4 legs before rift guardian but someone else got bad luck they closed the rift asap. I can get more than 4 legs inside the rift if i clear it but all ruined by 1 person that close the rift because got bad luck. it negatively affect my gameplay, because i will create a closed game and selective to all my friend in the clan, only the chosen one can join my game. with this condition the social aspect of this game is decreased since i will only play with only that person again and again, and you will be hard to find an open game even in you own clan since all person prefer to make closed game to avoid this.
please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.