Please Blizzard some Troll Control over rift closing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 44 Next
Make a community for people who want to complete rifts after killing the guardian. You're trying to force people into an unpopular playstyle. That's why they're closing the rifts on you.
No one has mentioned that killing the rift guardian gives light to the rifts.

I like light.
Closing the Rift and starting a new rift will net you more potential for both xp and legendaries because the drop rate in a previous rift and a new rift is exactly the same except that kills in a new rift go towards more drops from the rift boss.

Realistically the only comparison that can be made between clearing the entire rift as opposed to starting up a new rift is comparing clearing the rest of the versus doing bounties as a result of not having enough keys. Even in this case, weighing an increased drop rate against the gold/xp bonuses from completing the bounties as well as the additional loot cache is arguably better to do bounties.

The idea that you are losing out on potential drops because you didn't clear out the rest of a rift does not logically make sense since it shows a lack of understanding of the loot system and how drops actually work.
04/14/2014 06:18 AMPosted by Slono
The reward for completing a rift should also be given at the time the guardian dies, not when it is handed in. This solves the issue of someone forgetting to turn in the quest for their reward as well as would cut down on the people closing it to get their reward.

04/14/2014 06:37 AMPosted by Slono
The reason to keep it open is to finish clearing it. With Rifts having the highest chance to drop legendarys, people want to fully clear it before closing it out, especially if they don't have a lot of rift fragments.

+2 agree with both of these. After defeating guardian I typically keep going and I've gotten legendaries afterwards than I have doing the run.
04/14/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Holyblesser
+2 agree with both of these. After defeating guardian I typically keep going and I've gotten legendaries afterwards than I have doing the run.

It's a good thing you only get legendaries in old rifts after the guardian dies. I mean, no one ever finds legendaries in new rifts. Only old ones. There is no way you would have found legendaries in a new rift. Nope. No way.
04/14/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Demonpriest
This thread has come up several times already, and always dies on the same question: Tell me one thing, just one single thing that you can find in a completed rift, that you cannot find in a new rift.

/thread
04/14/2014 02:17 PMPosted by HiSaZuL
Tell me one thing, just one single thing that you can find in a completed rift, that you cannot find in a new rift.

The satisfaction of being a completionist.

/thread ???

Really though, if Blizzard is content with enabling people to be jerks and ruin things for others that is fine by me. It serves to knock down the strawman obstructing open world pvp/hostile button.
04/14/2014 06:13 AMPosted by JOHN
There is no system put in place its like living in a country without any laws or anyone to enforce the laws.

step 1) create private game
step 2) invite trusted friends and trusted guild members
step 3) tell those mentioned in step 2 not to close your rift
step 4) profit
So just...don't play with people you don't know.

I don't see the problem.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You have the exact same chance to find items in a new rift. The EXACT same chance. The only difference between finishing a rift verses opening a new one is that if you open a new one it means more rift guardians. Which means more rift guardian loot and more xp for completing a rift.

YES, I KNOW. WHAT IS YOUR POINT. HOW DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE POINT?

IF I KILL 500 MONSTERS I WILL FIND MORE DROPS THAN IF I KILL 10, SO IF I CAN KILL 500 INSTEAD OF 10 WHY WOULD I ONLY KILL 10 BECAUSE THE DROP RATE IS THE SAME?

oh my god this community

ps: i used caps so you could understand an obvious point.

The point is that you could be killing the additional 490 mobs in 49 new rifts and gain another 49 Rift Guardians. When you look at killing efficiency, you look at mobs killed per time, not mobs killed per rift because it means nothing. Typing in all caps also make you look dumber than you already do with that faulty argument.

Just because you got something from a mob after the rift guardian doesn't mean that same item wouldn't have dropped from another mob in a new rift. That's not how probabilities work.

edit: I have absolutely no problem with people wanting to finish a rift after the guardian dies, but stop pretending that it's more efficient doing it this way. You are arguably getting less loot (due to how Rift Guardians work) and experience (due to fewer completed rift quests). Yes, I'm aware of all the OMG I GOT MY LOOT AFTER RIFT GUARDIAN. I also got 3 legendaries in 10 minutes breaking barrels (this is not a satire but a real experience, btw), so obviously I should just break barrels all day to get the most legendaries, right?

I know this game is easy to play but some arguments (and people that agree wit them) just makes me frown.
How about this then: The game allows it, therefore they DO have the right. /thread
04/14/2014 06:18 AMPosted by Slono
The reward for completing a rift should also be given at the time the guardian dies, not when it is handed in. This solves the issue of someone forgetting to turn in the quest for their reward as well as would cut down on the people closing it to get their reward.

04/14/2014 06:37 AMPosted by Slono
The reason to keep it open is to finish clearing it. With Rifts having the highest chance to drop legendarys, people want to fully clear it before closing it out, especially if they don't have a lot of rift fragments.

Nobody argues that you don't or can't get legendary items after the guardian is dead.

What is being argued is that you can do that in a new rift, and you get the guardian again, which means more blood shards and (usually) a soul (and yes, souls are still useful).

Fragments are easy to get. Seriously easy.
04/14/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Vyleblud
04/14/2014 02:17 PMPosted by HiSaZuL
Tell me one thing, just one single thing that you can find in a completed rift, that you cannot find in a new rift.

The satisfaction of being a completionist.

/thread ???

Really though, if Blizzard is content with enabling people to be jerks and ruin things for others that is fine by me. It serves to knock down the strawman obstructing open world pvp/hostile button.

""Being a completionist" was a single valid argument against closing it after guardian is dead. Only other reason is not wanting to run around doing bounties and having very limited key supply.

Other then that logical/rewarding route dictates opening new rift. You kill just as many enemies, have the exact same odds of getting things, you have exact same odds of seeing goblin packs, chests and so on and so forth... but you at least double amount of blood shards and forgotten souls not to mention get twice as many rift completion xp if you don't sit around. Chances are by the time same person clears entire rift... that same person will be able to finish 3+ rifts on average. Some rifts are long.... really LONG. And some have horrid monster composition/layout. Faster you complete them... faster you get your rewards for completing it. Faster you reset levels and spend less time in bad rifts.
04/14/2014 06:33 AMPosted by shipit
Just close the damn rift after the guardian dies.

THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON TO KEEP IT OPEN !!

Wanting to actually finish clearing the rift in hopes of getting more legendaries to drop, isn't a logical reason? I don't think you understand what logic is.
04/14/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Orrion
Nobody argues that you don't or can't get legendary items after the guardian is dead.

What is being argued is that you can do that in a new rift, and you get the guardian again, which means more blood shards and (usually) a soul (and yes, souls are still useful).

Fragments are easy to get. Seriously easy.

Legendaries don't just drop off the rift guardian. They drop from chests and mobs as well. Many of us want to farm the whole thing, rather than waste shards on only farming half of a rift just to kill a guardian. It's about making the most of what we are spending to open the thing.

There have been many times that I've had more legendaries drop when I continue farming the same rift after the guardian is already dead.
Create a private game. works, tested it.
@Avermra

Applying logic doesn't work in internet. Especially with children.
The reward needs to be given at keeper death then.
04/14/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Demonpriest

It's a good thing you only get legendaries in old rifts after the guardian dies. I mean, no one ever finds legendaries in new rifts. Only old ones. There is no way you would have found legendaries in a new rift. Nope. No way.

bad sarcasm; the point is i dont mind continuing on in the rift even after the guardian dies while some do mind. I could get lucky after the guardian dies or lucky doing the run. the only difference is a few minutes between opening/closing a rift. People rely too much on "EFFICIENCY" in this game. I play to play; its mindless fun. While I may get frustrated with the lack of good legendaries every once in a while I'm not in the game to play with a mindset of someone else who plays like its a job for them.