Rift it Forward: A diablo community for "free" rifts

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
04/24/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Grimiku
This sounds like a great way for like minded members of the community to get together, farm a lot of Rifts, and have some fun. I'm glad to hear that so many of you are having a great time doing it, and I'm looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon. Have shards, will Rift.

And than you're going to nerf it.
My question is: How the heck are people joining these games so fast?? Even if I hover my mouse over the chat and R click the name and join game as fast as I can I can only get in maybe 1 every 4 tries.
05/02/2014 01:41 AMPosted by Soundb
to get together, farm a lot of Rifts, and have some fun

Not fun !

I joined a group ( didn't know what to expect ) boss was half dead when I got into game.

I was last to enter so had to open up a new rift . I then got asked to leave when I wanted to help clear that rift .

Felt robbed . The shards are worthless , Ive spent 10k + shards on helms with zero helm to show for my effort.

Only person winning is the guy clearing the rifts solo ( usually super OP geared player btw ) and getting all the loot and gold for himself without having to do bounties .
05/02/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Grailer
05/02/2014 01:41 AMPosted by Soundb
to get together, farm a lot of Rifts, and have some fun

Not fun !

I joined a group ( didn't know what to expect ) boss was half dead when I got into game.

I was last to enter so had to open up a new rift . I then got asked to leave when I wanted to help clear that rift .

Felt robbed . The shards are worthless , Ive spent 10k + shards on helms with zero helm to show for my effort.

Only person winning is the guy clearing the rifts solo ( usually super OP geared player btw ) and getting all the loot and gold for himself without having to do bounties .

The purpose of rift forwarding isn't so you can stay in and leech an entire rift... You probably should have actually read the first post before joining the community and other peoples games.

If you feel that trading 5 keystones for instant exp, gold, loot, and bloodshards isn't worth it then this community isn't for you.

Disclaimer: I personally don't think it's worth it but many people do so I will continue to clear rifts for them as long as they continue to reopen new ones for me. FYI, this is far more rewarding for leechers if you can get in a T5 or T6 exclusive community. 300k gold + 100mil~ exp per 5 keystones and 3 minutes of your time is bordering on a good deal.
04/23/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Vãgisil
04/23/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Flexyana

What's your benefit there if you (as I understand it) cleared 10 rifts alone, so you do all the work and then at the end invite bums (sorry) for the boss kill?

What do you get out there except a "sense to do something for the community"? Do you get a medal...for being a fool doing all the work for lazy people?

(Correct me if I dont understand something here...)

You get free rift opens.

and if u have keys more than u need to ? why do u need other players to open u rifts when u have 2k keys?

its a come and go gig
either I can stay allday for free rifts either I farm allday rifts for others
no one answered my question regarding how you join the chat. I am in Europe normal not HC. I went into community chat section and typed in the above recommended text and it said invalid chat.
I wanna join this
Niro#2901

europe Softcore
i am apart of a bounty clan, i always have 200+ rift keys, always
maybe i will have to join this rift community
dont play with [<Zerkz> Rezenith] >:C Didn't open a rift for my party group.
ps this community is cool :D
05/02/2014 05:42 AMPosted by Gulelin
My question is: How the heck are people joining these games so fast?? Even if I hover my mouse over the chat and R click the name and join game as fast as I can I can only get in maybe 1 every 4 tries.

The pro rift riders use autohotkey or some program like it. If you don't do that you can't reliably compete with those that do. Like you otherwise observed you get 1/4 games~ using normal right click > request invite.

Just don't bother with it and run rifts yourself. It isn't bad to have your rifts opened for free.
Abuse Report:

Player <KING>Ady in the community was supposed to reopen but didn't. I sent several tells, escalating. Player was actively playing, going in and out of games, but completely ignored me.

Do not let this player in your game, they are a leecher.
Somehow, joining rifts feels like this.

http://i.imgur.com/VZRJrQO.gif
How does one join this community? Says you need to request invite on the community board, I added the leader and some officers to friends to request an invite by them personally but didn't get a response?
04/24/2014 10:18 AMPosted by JahIthBer
This sounds like a great way for like minded members of the community to get together, farm a lot of Rifts, and have some fun. I'm glad to hear that so many of you are having a great time doing it, and I'm looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon. Have shards, will Rift.

Wish I could enjoy the community. The OSX client locks up and crashes when teleporting to party members or back to town so I'd get blacklisted as a leecher.

Rift It Forward is the best thing to happen to the game this expansion.

This is a major problem indeed.

While it may sound like a great idea I believe the advantage is too big as people farm bloodshards to easy this way. All the people who has chosen in the past to do some solo rifting now invite people so they get a free next rift.
So people join get in get the loot and get out, this beat the whole purpose of playing the game and sounds to me as it is the same as getting a waypoint take the waypoint kill boss(Manglemaw anyone) loot and repeat.

The idea was great but in the end I think it will destroy the whole purpose as it is just easy loot. The only thing we will get from this is that bloodshards are being removed from the boss and shattered around all elites in the rift.
So basicly if boss give 50 blood shards and there are around 50 elites in a rift I expect each elite will drop 1 bloodshard instead of the boss dropping all bloodshards.
Not to mention if we ever wanted to see riftbosses buffed this whole system just destroyed it.
05/04/2014 06:36 AMPosted by JaapB

While it may sound like a great idea I believe the advantage is too big as people farm bloodshards to easy this way. All the people who has chosen in the past to do some solo rifting now invite people so they get a free next rift.
So people join get in get the loot and get out, this beat the whole purpose of playing the game and sounds to me as it is the same as getting a waypoint take the waypoint kill boss(Manglemaw anyone) loot and repeat.

The idea was great but in the end I think it will destroy the whole purpose as it is just easy loot. The only thing we will get from this is that bloodshards are being removed from the boss and shattered around all elites in the rift.
So basicly if boss give 50 blood shards and there are around 50 elites in a rift I expect each elite will drop 1 bloodshard instead of the boss dropping all bloodshards.
Not to mention if we ever wanted to see riftbosses buffed this whole system just destroyed it.

Yeah I can see your point . I myself clear rifts then invite others to save me having to do boring bounties which are done in split group in normal mode and trivial .

It might take me alot longer to clear rift but its more satisfying than joining one already made .

However I can see the benefit of joining rift after rift , the amount of gold and xp and loot people are getting ( if they can get into rift constantly ) must be insane.
>>
the rifts are so boring that noone wants to do them.
>>

Funny, I think doing rifts with a good group is still the best thing in the game.

You think that 10 second final boss fights, one after the other...and spending 90% of time TRYING to actually get an inv request is "better"? TBH, I think it's extremely, extremely boring...however I entirely admit it's the fastest/most effective way to get shards.

Irony: I don't even feel like I am "cheating" since the shards, IN ESSENCE, are more or less worthless seeing that I spent THOUSANDS and all I get is trash in exchange with very, very few exceptions. Seeing that "trading" with Kadala, to say it bluntly, TOTALLY SUCKS....I don't have a problem to acquire lots of shards in a short time..she scams people most of the time anyway :)

PS: For leg drops (loot, gear)..rifting FW is not really efficient. Doing "real" rifts will yield you a much better chance to find loot. If you Rift FW for loot you're doing it wrong.
this really sucks. over the last few days i have not been able to find a group for just regular rifting.

i feel forced to do this now.

some of us actually like to play the game and just kill a bunch of stuff. not fight for party invites and sit at menu screen waiting for them.
05/04/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Jada
this really sucks. over the last few days i have not been able to find a group for just regular rifting.

i feel forced to do this now.

some of us actually like to play the game and just kill a bunch of stuff. not fight for party invites and sit at menu screen waiting for them.

Oh come friggin on, there's 912 people in the regular Rift Runz community right now. Reported and /ignored, troll.