Why is Grim Dawn so much better than Diablo 3?

Games & Technology
1 2 3 5 Next
And its in Alpha stage what gives?

How can an Alpha stage game be tons better than Diablo 3?

I just don't understand it I played it along with marvel heroes because I am so disgusted and bored of D3 right now and I am having a total blast.

These indie games the devs are sooo connected with the community they listen to feedback and send out tons of content in extremely short space of time when you compare it to the devs at D3 you would think that this company sells refurbished Vacuum Cleaners or something.

I can't believe I wasted money on this lie that blizzard sold me. Kripparian was right all along he warned us ROS would be a failure but did we listen? nope
Yeah it's really fun, a few issues here and there, but they're slowly working them out.
05/10/2014 11:47 PMPosted by JOHN
I can't believe I wasted money on this lie that blizzard sold me. Kripparian was right all along he warned us ROS would be a failure but did we listen? nope

What were his reasons for its failure? Was it because BOA?
05/10/2014 11:53 PMPosted by Danage

What were his reasons for its failure? Was it because BOA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMQZ_u1INlY

you can watch his review of ROS turns out this man was right all along.

And mind you Blizzard got the idea of Paragon Levels from him when he suggested it to them and they didn't have the common decency to thank him.
Do you really want to know why D3 is so bad?

Player buys Diablo 2.
Player farms loot for an unknown amount of time.
Player notices some flaws within the game.
Player dislikes the game, and thinks he could do better.
Player is now hired as Game Director for Diablo 3

Next

Player plays casually through the campaign, beats the game. Enjoys doing a few mf runs and getting some uniques.
Player's total knowledge of the game is that you kill monsters for loot.
Player is now hired as Game Director for Diablo 3.
Sometimes when i'm alone i like to dress up in all brown,lay on the floor and pretend I'm a potato.
+1 to Grim Dawn.

Fantastic game. The devs hearts are in the right places. Each build, released every 6-8 weeks, makes significant improvements to the game. The full version is gonna be awesome, probably challenge D2/TQ as best ARPG of all time.
Looks good. Might try it out. Still enjoying D3, but it is starting to drag.
you would think that this company sells refurbished Vacuum Cleaners or something.
I already own Titan Quest. Why are they asking me to pay for it again?
Getting 30fps in grim dawn is a real shame no matter my settings... (I get a solid 60+ in D3 and PoE). Yeah it's in alpha, but it's not better than D3.
The more my BS detectors go off when seeing all these pro Grim Dawn posts the longer I will wait for the price to drop.

Grim Dawn raked in almost 1 million bucks on kickstarter and then pretty much disappeared in a cloud of smoke. With the one or two people on their coke fueled vegas binges that game should have been completed with 4 times as much as it is now 3 years ago. Instead, the promise date came and went without a single word from the developers.. who were too busy snorting up the rest of the budget while trying to squeeze out a few more $80 gold supporter packages while the game collected dust.

To this day.. the one developer guy who finagled the kickstarter campaign spends more time creating BS accounts on various forums singing the praise of GD then he does actually working on the game.
In between spending the 600 grand he stole and posting 'discussions' by made up people who love the game and say how amazing he is to have done it all himself, he basically works on the game a few hours here and there, while telling everyone that it is a team of "8 people" working frantically.. Uh huh.
Grim Dawn kinda seems like Diablo II, which could be one of the reasons why it's such a great time. Though, Grim Dawn does kinda look a bit like Path of Exile. I'm not really big into Diablo-like indie games, but this one might be an exception. Maybe it's better because it's a breath of fresh air. And I really do like the fact that indie-developers listen to their community.
05/11/2014 12:01 AMPosted by ChronoTriggr
Sometimes when i'm alone i like to dress up in all brown,lay on the floor and pretend I'm a potato.

that actually made me lol in RL :)
05/11/2014 02:46 AMPosted by slicktrick
The more my BS detectors go off when seeing all these pro Grim Dawn posts the longer I will wait for the price to drop.

Grim Dawn raked in almost 1 million bucks on kickstarter and then pretty much disappeared in a cloud of smoke. With the one or two people on their coke fueled vegas binges that game should have been completed with 4 times as much as it is now 3 years ago. Instead, the promise date came and went without a single word from the developers.. who were too busy snorting up the rest of the budget while trying to squeeze out a few more $80 gold supporter packages while the game collected dust.

To this day.. the one developer guy who finagled the kickstarter campaign spends more time creating BS accounts on various forums singing the praise of GD then he does actually working on the game.
In between spending the 600 grand he stole and posting 'discussions' by made up people who love the game and say how amazing he is to have done it all himself, he basically works on the game a few hours here and there, while telling everyone that it is a team of "8 people" working frantically.. Uh huh.

Well, "SLICKTRICK", where do I begin? I suppose let's start with the obvious, your name. I am not really sure who would make this their battletag.Perhaps you believe it to be funny. I can't say. I will go ahead and assume, though, that you are in some pay-for-friends fraternity. With that in mind as we move forward, I will also assume that as you sit here and degrade these forums with your mindless and random accusations you are wearing some beer logo t-shirt and a sideways flat-brimmed hat.

"Coke filled Vegas binge" you say? Well, this one I'm not sure of. Is this your frat boy logic kicking in? Or did your family simply watch a lot of FOX news while you were growing up/being neglected? "Anyone with a lot of money automatically got it through suspicious means and spends it on illegal activities!"

"This game should have been completed years ago!" How long did it take to create Diablo 3 again, which you are rigorously defending? I'll go ahead and assume about the same time that it will take you to earn a four-year degree.

"This guy stole money and makes fake posts about how awesome the game is!" Again, your frat boy/government funded housing logic is showing. Just because not everyone lives off of the Pell grant doesn't mean they stole money. The game is there for anyone to play, albeit in the alpha stage. And any post that you do not personally agree with is automatically staged? Turn off FOX right now! Step away! GOV'MENT stages fake approval ratings because I don't get enough money in grants to buy more than 40 cases of Natural Light a semester!
05/11/2014 02:46 AMPosted by slicktrick

Lol. The game is $25 and despite only having 2 acts done, is an awesome game. If the systems can carry their strength through to the end, it'll be the best ARPG out there. I've already sunk 80-100 hours despite only having the first 2 acts and the Arcanist class isn't even released. Tl2 and MH certainly didn't meet that #, D3 is sitting at around 120 hours, and PoE is at around 180. Have you tried it? Have you even looked at it beyond just a glimpse?