Is t3 worth it at the moment?

Hardcore
I run t3 with some buddies with ease, but something's been bothering me.

There are so many people I see running t1 when they could be doing t3 (t2 sucks in my opinion), so is it because the drop rates aren't that different, people are wusses, or something else I'm not understanding?

Sorry for any errors, this is from my phone

Thanks in advanced!
05/01/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Hildegard
I'll get flamed for this, but I'm not going higher then Torment 1 atm. In almost every rift I get screen freezes ranging from 1 second to 8 seconds. Yes they piss me off so much that I started counting them :P I actually find it kind of funny now. I secretly hope I can break my new record and have a 10 second lag.

Anyhow, some classes and builds are more 'lagproof' then others but I wouldn't play a wizard or demonhunter haha. 1 lagspike and you're gone on torment 3.

If you have a stable connection and good friends that watch your back yeah then why not? I'm not blessed with many friends so I'm forced to do public games. The horror haha.

With the current (very poor) state of the servers, it's a good idea to roll with a good group on t3 or higher I'd say.

@OP: Why don't you like t2? It has better drops than t1 and clears much faster than t3 for most players.
i'd say most t3 runs are not efficient for 99% of the hc population. as in purely looking at xp or legends per hr.

i have been in runs where it was efficient on t3, in fact, i got my rift in <5 mins award on a t3 run.

i'd say if packs take more than 10 secs, and rift guardian takes more than a min, your run is not efficient.

there are many ways to enjoy the game, some people prefer 'having a challenge' than making the most efficient runs.
If I'm alone, I don't leave T1. Efficiency-wise, it just makes more sense for me to clear faster in T1 than risk slower elite kills in T2 for similar loot. In a group, though, I waffle between T2 and T3 - as long as someone else is doing most of the damage, I can take the hits. T3 is slower than T2, though, by more than a little. I think it's mostly up to preference, which of the first 3 Torment levels you play.
On my last wizard I felt perfectly comfortable in T2. Nothing dealt any noticeable damage and most elites died in a few seconds even in multiplayer (especially the 3-blue packs that stand close together, those exploded before other players even got close). I did T3 with a friend a few times, but the elite affixes do so much more dmg there and I had a few close calls so I didn't like it much (he plays WD so he's much safer).
Then once, after a long night of farming T2 rifts, I thought I'd do a round of solo bounties for no reason before logging off. I happened to be on T3 because I was farming mats for asheara's and there was no reason to use lower difficulty because you could spawn right next to Sstrass in campaign mode. What could go wrong, right? Well, a firechains/fast pack in pandemonium fortress proved me wrong.
I don't think I'll be touching T3 for a very long time now. At least until 4pc firebirds or something.

I didn't know what to think of it as I went to sleep (7 AM ouch), looking back I feel really bad for losing that SoJ, everything else I can get over.
It's well known that rifts are much harder than the bounties. So I'm not sure which you are talking about but T3 bounties give a lot of experience and worth it.
You decide what's "worth it." Play what feels good to you. It depends on your gear, skill, style, etc. Efficiency and clear times and legendaries per hour are just one thing to consider - people who only worry about those things end up crying on the General Discussion forum about how unfair the game is. Don't be like that :p
05/01/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Furies
It's well known that rifts are much harder than the bounties. So I'm not sure which you are talking about but T3 bounties give a lot of experience and worth it.

I guess it really depends on what act you're doing them in. I think everyone agrees that act 1 mobs are generally much easier than A4/A5, and since rifts are randomized it would put them between A1 and A5 bounties in terms of difficulty.
If you can do it at least 87% as fast as you doing t2 and 76% for t1. If you value gold and experience more, you can even lower the time to 80% for t2 and 70% for t1.
05/01/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Riv
05/01/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Furies

I guess it really depends on what act you're doing them in. I think everyone agrees that act 1 mobs are generally much easier than A4/A5, and since rifts are randomized it would put them between A1 and A5 bounties in terms of difficulty.

Do you even play the game? When was the last time that you hit 3 or 4 packs at once in ANY act? Rifts are usually a lot tougher than even the hardest content in a4/5.

Oh, wait, you must play the game as you've died 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Maybe HC isn't for you?
Rifts generally don't have more than one pack at a time either, in multiplayer people just tend to run in all directions at once and end up pulling multiples. Even then, a single pack can turn out to be more dangerous than a group of 2 or even 3 packs. Think something like those charging angels in A4 with fire chains, compared to a couple packs of slow-ish mobs with harmless ground effects.

Also, nice of you to note my progress, I'm still getting used to it, unlike you mr-i-have-20-barbs. I can see you ripped about as much when starting out. Also you counted one DC death, and one lvl 12 death when I "tried" to level on T6 while waiting for my friend to log on. Who knew that captain daltyn has 88k HP and would two-shot me?
Also, why should I care? The only valuable item I lost was the SoJ, the set pieces are stashed away and leveling a new character isn't a burden at all.
05/01/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Nicholasmg77
I run t3 with some buddies with ease, but something's been bothering me.

There are so many people I see running t1 when they could be doing t3 (t2 sucks in my opinion), so is it because the drop rates aren't that different, people are wusses, or something else I'm not understanding?

Sorry for any errors, this is from my phone

Thanks in advanced!

It mostly has to do with efficiency. The mob HP/reward ratio becomes progressively worse as you slide up the Torment bar. For this reason, the only reason to move up in Torment levels is when you kill stuff so fast that the time it takes to walk around to find mobs is starting to overcome the time it takes to kill the mobs.

If you want to see the progressively worse HP/reward ratio for yourself, an easy way to do this would be to start up a brand new character and try T6 from the start. You can totally do it with paragon points, but it's clearly not worth it.

It's also the same reason why players that have a lot of mobility in their builds prefer lower torments. As stated before, the only reason to move up in difficulty is when you kill stuff so fast that the traverse time is starting to significantly slow down farming speed. Well, it becomes a lot harder to reach that point when your travel time is incredibly short. Softcore Solo DH are perfect examples of this, since they can really fly around with Vault/Tumble and Tactical Advantage passive.

There is no reason at all to be hating on T2 though. I have no idea where you get that idea.
i always preferred mister brybarians lol

i play as high as i can with a reasonable chance to survive. my barb can do t3 at a reasonable pace and from time to time i get into some trouble. t4 is a nice change of pace as well. i might be a bit weak offensively for that until i get some set items, but i enjoy nearly dying from time to time.
as for the loot chances, i find more the higher i go. its not always 100%, but over long periods of time i find its worth it. i try to at least force myself into torment for the sets.
worth noting that act 5 zones introduce graphics lag i dont find present in the vanilla content, worth turning your graphics down a tad to see if it improves.

tldr: i dont play foolishly, but i also try not to shy away from the possibility of death either. live and learn (and die of course lol).
just have fun.

this game refuses to give me sets whether it be t1 or t5, so I've stopped worrying about what's efficient, and just do w/e I feel like it at the time.

t5 bounties are nice xp though
05/01/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Riv
Rifts generally don't have more than one pack at a time either

???

Have you been in a cemetery rift level or battlefields of eternity?
I kinda corrected that point; anyway I very rarely felt that multiple rare packs in rifts were a problem because I never run them solo.

So my original point is that solo bounties can turn out nastier than multiplayer rifts.