is Calamity that good?

Demon Hunter
One short, yes.

Especially when you group.

Even you rolled a 2200 dps Calamity, it's still worth it.

The whole group is killing 20% faster.
05/07/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Gnillort
05/07/2014 11:01 AMPosted by jim2point0
It always depresses me seeing people with 100 paragons lower than me with a calamity.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUCK this game drives me insane sometimes. That feeling that I'll never, ever, ever get one no matter how long I play... =(
That's fine, I'll probably never ever get a Nat's Slayer however long I play.

I feel you man, I have a nice magefist in my stash and I can't even use it because I never ever saw a freaking nat slayer dropped. How sad.
o its peter thats why it makes 0000 logic or anyother for of anything that isnt confushoin
Let me run t6 rather easy(few deaths)... Still no point to t6 though.. Noticed the biggest jump with my group runs.. we moved it up a tier cause stuff died so fast=P
i got calamity.. and i feel good about the weapon :D no doubt it is the best 1-hand xbow
Wait, you really get 40% bonus if you cast MfD manually? Are you sure? Did anybody do some proper testing? I always thought (and it sounds more logical to me) that casting MfD while wearing Calamity grants you only the rune effect.
Finally I can join calamity club after so long
I've played over 400 hours on my monk and never seen a SoH or a Gyana na Kashu after gambling all my shards...That being said, I logged into my lvl 70 demon hunter that i never play to do some act 5 chest runs for the heck of it and a Calamity drops after 2 or 3 runs. This game has a terrible sense of humor. Sorry DH's.
One perk of the MfD attribute (that often goes unrecognized) is that it makes the enemies much more visible on the screen.

There are a number of Rifts and maps that are very dark and/or have obstacles blocking your view.

One quick round of Multishot reveals everything and allows you to quickly determine your best course of action (versus having to deal with content on the fly)
Thanks for clearing up the bit about CtW, looks like I'll have to place a lot more value on that from now on.
05/08/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Tropicalypso
One perk of the MfD attribute (that often goes unrecognized) is that it makes the enemies much more visible on the screen.

There are a number of Rifts and maps that are very dark and/or have obstacles blocking your view.

One quick round of Multishot reveals everything and allows you to quickly determine your best course of action (versus having to deal with content on the fly)

Wouldn't the enemies show up anyway because hitting them makes their health bars appear over their heads though?
05/08/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Discobird
Wouldn't the enemies show up anyway because hitting them makes their health bars appear over their heads though?

That is an advantage of enabling Monster Health Bars, that you can find targets in the clutter that rapidly accumulates in a fire fight, especially with a group. I find the presence of Health Bars a bit of a distraction from the immersion factor of game play and so choose not to activate them. The Mark for Death icon provides the same value in a way that is consistent with action happening on the field. A matter of preference, to each his own.
Hey Guys!
I was thinking about getting a Calamity, is 20% damage increase that good?

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Started my demon hunter a little over a week ago... have 4 pc mara, slayer, cinder coat and TWO calamities :/ 2 CALAMITIES IN 2 DAYS... no nats yet besides slayer
05/10/2014 10:49 AMPosted by gax
Started my demon hunter a little over a week ago... have 4 pc mara, slayer, cinder coat and TWO calamities :/ 2 CALAMITIES IN 2 DAYS... no nats yet besides slayer

omg, haha, makes me sick =)

ummm, why are you not sporting those neat weapons?
05/07/2014 07:08 PMPosted by Petergriffin
05/07/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Gnillort
...That's fine, I'll probably never ever get a Nat's Slayer however long I play.

I feel you man, I have a nice magefist in my stash and I can't even use it because I never ever saw a freaking nat slayer dropped. How sad.

Have you checked your elemental DPS? I was in similar situation and found out that even 250 DEX and 7% CC Natalya bonuses are not worth it when compared to Magefist
personally, i don't use it :)