Elite Affixe - BUG or INTENDED

Monk
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
Great post, wish this would have gotten more attention during PTR instead of Rimeheart which got exactly what it deserved.
have we seen any improvement in these issues yet, its a new ptr now and it sucks if planned defensive gearing wont protect you.
Yes is there any updates on the damage reductions - any bugs fixed - mostly is there any damage reduction on the molten blast?
04/17/2015 12:59 AMPosted by Flame
Yes is there any updates on the damage reductions - any bugs fixed - mostly is there any damage reduction on the molten blast?

That's a good question.

I know for a fact that the Dev's read this thread and this thread also is now nearly a year old. So there might have been some changes.

But I have never seen anyone testing those affixes. So, who knows.
(And, testing if all the DMG-reduction works is pretty annoying.... -.-)
I've sat in molten explosions and taken no damage at all, so I'd say that dodge works on them.
04/17/2015 01:20 AMPosted by hong
I've sat in molten explosions and taken no damage at all, so I'd say that dodge works on them.

Dodge always worked on Molten Explosions.
04/17/2015 01:24 AMPosted by Volun
04/17/2015 01:20 AMPosted by hong

Dodge always worked on Molten Explosions.

Not according to the OP....
04/17/2015 01:30 AMPosted by hong

05/09/2014 07:04 AMPosted by Nagash
the end explosion can be "dodged"

?!
04/17/2015 01:38 AMPosted by Volun
04/17/2015 01:30 AMPosted by hong

05/09/2014 07:04 AMPosted by Nagash
the end explosion can be "dodged"

?!

Thanks Volun :D:D

And sry about not updating the tests, but I dont have the time and motivation to test all over again. It´s days of work, searching for the right affixes, making videos with all the different reductions, looking at them in slow motion, etc., etc.

You guys will not believe it, but at the moment I have more fun PLAYING the game. ;-))
Hate to be a !@#$%^-*!iac, but there are some things definitely worth reviving!

So after a year...I'm curious what has changed.

Any college guys willing to spare a few days of partying and test this stuff for our all sakes? :o
04/17/2015 02:28 PMPosted by Nagash
You guys will not believe it, but at the moment I have more fun PLAYING the game. ;-))

This game is supposed to be fun?! :^)
Silly question but does resolve work against any elite affixes or is it only direct melee/ranged attacks?
Great work, but is this still bugged? A response from a Blue would be nice.

Hidden game mechanics is a very bad thing for an RPG game.
Dear Monk Community and all other interested persons,

I had some time today and went over most of the affixes again, to see if Blizzard has done something or not. As of now (Version 2.2.0 - 12th of May 2015) there are some positive changes, but mostly with our Manra, Crippling Wave and Resolve.

At the moment I don´t have the chance to make videos, because of that I had troubles with affixes like ELECTRIFIED, VORTEX and WHORMHOLE ! All others are tested and here are the results.

Mantra of conviction/intimidation, does still not work on:
  • Fire Chains
  • Molten
  • Electrified (per 2.0.5,no new tests)

Crippling Wave/concussion and/or Resolve, does not work on:
  • Molten
  • Fire Chains

Melee and ranged reduce have no effects on these skills:
  • Plagued
  • Desecration
  • Molten
  • Orbiter
  • Reflect Damage
  • Frozen tics
  • Poison Enchanted
  • Frozen Pulse

Some interesting notes about my newest tests:

It seems like Blizzard tried to work on these bugs and problems - nice !
Mantra reduce now does work on arkan and frozen pulse, and resolve works on arkan, too, but there are still problems with the affixes fire chains and molton. It seems llike there is no real intern calculation with these two affixes, but the point that ranged reduce works on fire chains is really interesting in that regard !?

There is still no answer from Blizzard how melee and ranged reduce should work in there opinion, but range reduce does work on many of the affixes - thunderstorm, fire chains, mortar, ice explosion, jailer, whormhole and vortex. It´s time to tell the community why melee reduce doesn´t work on affixes, or why ranged reduce doesn´t work on ice ticks, orbiters, etc., etc.

Last but not least I found another nice bug while testing :-(
Melee/range reduce does not work on the lightning attack from exarchs - no matter if they are elites (blue, yellow) or white ones.

Ok, that´s it for the moment, and I hope some of these infos will help you and maybe will help Blizzard to make this game better in the future.

Nagash
Nagash, youre awesome.

Packst du das "Update" noch hierein? http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/10495532636#1 :D
05/12/2015 10:23 AMPosted by Volun
Nagash, youre awesome.

Packst du das "Update" noch hierein? http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/10495532636#1 :D

Done (erledigt) ;-)
this sometimes makes me wonder if it's better to get single-res on chest piece/bracer instead of the melee/ranged reduction that I can get
Well as it stands melee is needed to protect us from the physical type heavy hitters like mr happy hands (mallet lords), but after a certain point it is showing that dodge is the more reliable source of physical mitigation. I think considering the time that we have been living with this bug, it is either blizz has been ignorant of it or simply can't find a solution for the bugs.
For the issue with our skills not reducing the damage that the enemies deal it may simply be easier for blizz to switch the effect to our personal mitigation so that we know that the effect will protect us from all form of enemy damage like we have been hoping for many patches now. On the issue with ranged/melee reduction, I am not sure why that has been allowed to be a bug issue for so long since it affects all classes and not just monks, I would have thought that a global issue would be a priority.
Considering the length that these issues have existed and the organization of the information put forward, it would be nice to be able to get a proper blizz response if these problems are actually recognized at least.
05/16/2015 10:50 AMPosted by Blackglitch
On the issue with ranged/melee reduction, I am not sure why that has been allowed to be a bug issue for so long since it affects all classes and not just monks, I would have thought that a global issue would be a priority.

I can actually see a logic there. If you look at the affixes that are still unaffected by Melee/Ranged-Reduce, they are all "magic effects", not direct interactions with the mobs. You can't kill those Poisoned Blobs for example.

It seems too me that the Devs don't want Melee/Ranged to be working against those affixes, and only against - well, Melee/Ranged attacks of the mobs themselves.
And Melee/Ranged-Reduce is still very nice if you are standing in a big group of zombies.

05/16/2015 10:50 AMPosted by Blackglitch
but after a certain point it is showing that dodge is the more reliable source of physical mitigation

I wouldn't call it reliable ^^
But I guess it is to be expected that after a certain point the ability to get around a hit completely gets better and better...if you want to push yourself completely to the absolute limit, you will run dodge-skills/passives and pray to the RNG-Gods that they will save you.
@Volun

Personally speaking I have found more reliability from stacking the hell out of my dodge. I have been unable to get my hands on any decent APD so I can't speak to what they add on top on the melee/range reduce, but I have found at the 45 mark, it is basically at the kill them before the kill you territory.
I can appreciate that "magic" type attacks are being considered different but melee classes need a break, we are the ones actually stacking these damage reductions as high as possible. If I run into a rift where affixes are ones that don't work with your melee and range reduce, then in my eyes, dodge is equally as reliable.
At the end of the day these issues stem from the overall issues monks have with their defenses.