Maxed character slots @70..Delete a 70 for Ladder char?

General Discussion
I maxed out my character slots of 15 with all level 70s and I was wondering if I wanted to make a ladder character, will I have to delete one??
bump!
bump!
Probably. Don't expect a clear answer from a blue... if you get one at all.
I asked that few weeks ago and people ignored my thread . Now that's its real soon I wonder that as well.
Yes, you will have to delete a character. How the heck did you use all those slots up?
my understanding is that only your items, gold and XP transfer over. I assume the character is deleted at the end of the season.

So It's not hard to imagine they will have separate character slots specifically for Seasons.
@Alcovitch
I really really hope they do have a separate character slots for ladder...I would hate to delete a toon for space for ladder toon.
05/11/2014 07:08 PMPosted by Alcovitch
my understanding is that only your items, gold and XP transfer over. I assume the character is deleted at the end of the season.

In D2 at the end of the ladder season the character become non-ladder.
What if Blizzard surprised us and made 12-15 additional character slots (depending on if you got ROS CE)? One stack of 12-15 or Non-Ladder and the other stack for Ladder? A Ladder character will be reverted to the Non-Ladder stack at the end of a Season, freeing up a Ladder slot for another character. If your Non-Ladder stack is full, you will be asked to delete a slot or to scrap your reverted character.
It makes sense that Seasons will have separate character slots. I'm not sure how many that will be or how/if the whole character will transfer at Season's end though.

Either way, I'm going to use my Ladder characters as 'Loot hunters' that return a haul of items to my non-ladder roster before deletion.

e.g; At Season's end my Ladder Crusader gives all of their gear to my main roster Crusader.

John Hight has confirmed that all items, experience and gold will be rolled into the main roster.

"After the season ends, all of your progress — your experience, your items, your gold, etc. — will be rolled into the main roster."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84210/diablo-3-dev-team-discusses-reaper-of-souls-and-answers