Client hangs/freezes on TP or entering rifts

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
05/14/2014 01:42 PMPosted by MysticalOS
05/14/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Noobalo
i just got home from work to see if 2.0.5a fixed any long load screens at all when entering a game/tp'ing/ or going from zone to zone, and sadly load screens are still 40 plus seconds. id love to hope it goes back to pre ROS days with 4 second load screens.

Long loading screens are another issue. That happens when you don't have enough ram and are running 10.9(did you recently install 10.9?). 10.9's compressed memory makes game run really bad.

However, this patch should HOPEFULLy fix the freezing and corrupt graphics issues related to OoM issue.

If you want to improve loading screens, some say doing "sudo purge" in terminal before opening d3 help a lot. otherwise, adding more ram definitely goes a long way. there are ways to turn off compressed memory too since VM actually runs a lot better without it, although that's not a bandaid i recommend over just adding more ram.

I turned off compressed memory and it still not working. I have 12G memory should I add more.
05/16/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Jacul
I turned off compressed memory and it still not working. I have 12G memory should I add more.

to solve what? long loading screen or freezes? If you are freezing no amount of memory is going to fix that. that's issue everyone else is having and afraid you'll have to wait on a fix. Since this is the hanging/freezing thread i have to ask though, do you freeze forever or are you just having to wait a really long time but you are NOT freezing?
Disabling sound doesn't work

... One thing I know for certain is majority of people who have worst crashes/freezes simply don't have enough ram. VM and compressed memory seem to make issue a LOT worse for some reason. That I imagine is in apples court cause that seems a bit off. Like OS X is somehow making app use more memory when there is less real memory, which is odd. Adding more ram has certainly helped a lot of users though.

I'm playing from a 15-inch, mid-2011 Macbook Pro. It's the highest end model, the one with a 2GB AMD Radeon HD 6750M, and with 16GB RAM.

A friend I regularly party with plays on a 15-inch, late-2013 Macbook Pro, also the highest end model with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 and 16GB RAM.

We both experience at least a few crashes/freezes everyday.
^^^ I was trying to quote the post of MysticalOS (MVP - Technical Support) here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673457237?page=1#19

Just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to be caused by Macs with low memory.
05/16/2014 11:18 PMPosted by MysticalOS
05/16/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Jacul

to solve what? long loading screen or freezes? If you are freezing no amount of memory is going to fix that. that's issue everyone else is having and afraid you'll have to wait on a fix. Since this is the hanging/freezing thread i have to ask though, do you freeze forever or are you just having to wait a really long time but you are NOT freezing?

It's the freezing issue. I think it's because of the 32bit program itself? Let's wait for the fix then. Hope it doesn't take longer than 2.0.5.
It happens to me A LOT. and it's very frustrating. The game crashes, my whole iMac needs to be reset !

Now i don't have time to post my logs, i don't really know how to do that anyway. But I think it's safe to assume it's the same bug everyone else is having.
It would be nice if a solution is found to post it in a clear spot in the launcher when a patch applies so we know that the actual issue has been found.
05/17/2014 07:56 AMPosted by Jacul
It's the freezing issue. I think it's because of the 32bit program itself? Let's wait for the fix then. Hope it doesn't take longer than 2.0.5.

Ok, yeah adding more ram won't fix that. You have to wait for devs to isolate and resolve problem on their end. It's just a waiting process for you. :\

05/17/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Pheonix
Now i don't have time to post my logs, i don't really know how to do that anyway. But I think it's safe to assume it's the same bug everyone else is having.

You have crash logs? that'd be a different issue actually if you are getting logs. The freeze makes no logs.

05/16/2014 11:30 PMPosted by timzai
Disabling sound doesn't work

thanks for trying. :(
Locked up for me returning to town to empty my stash.
The freeze is still present. It comes and goes. I had no problem playing solo the last few days. But it happened few times today playing with friends. I have 16G of Ram and the latest Mac Pro.
I just played 3+ hours with friends and no issue. Go figure?
i just play like 3 rifts and never TP back to town successfully
i use a mac pro late 2013
Disconnected several times this AM going into or out of rifts.
This has just started happening to me within the last 2-3 days. It was rock solid before that. Rifts are unplayable for me at this point. Any update would be fantastic.
Same here, every time when i take a portal back to town from a rift the game crashes.

imac Late 2013 27''
Stuck on the loading screen after TP back from a rift (80% chance). This is getting ridiculous. Come on Blizzard. Before it was the AH problem and now the freezes. I came back after 2 weeks and can't even play the game. Give the Mac users some love for once... Seriously considering uninstalling the game!
this is getting bad 5 rifts in a row and can't even count the amount the times it froze today

this way we are losing gold, exp, time everything

ever considered compensation for mac players cause if this continues i'm guessing you will lose a lot of players.

im afraid to pick up all the rares before i kill the rift boss cause if my bags are full and i want to teleport to town it freezes meaning i don't get the bloodshards as well
btw this is not my real account i play on eu server
05/18/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Lordmenthu
this is getting bad 5 rifts in a row and can't even count the amount the times it froze today

this way we are losing gold, exp, time everything

ever considered compensation for mac players cause if this continues i'm guessing you will lose a lot of players.

im afraid to pick up all the rares before i kill the rift boss cause if my bags are full and i want to teleport to town it freezes meaning i don't get the bloodshards as well

i will not go to town even i have full bag early, TP just doesn't work
especially when soloing, always dead