[Bug] Fetish Army got Despawned by Passive FS

Bug Report
1 2 3 17 Next
- Im sry for my broken English

FA : Fetish Army
FS : Fetish Sycophants

- I got Full zuni set so my FA is perma till dead. But after 2.0.5, i found that when i run bounty, my FA dropped dramatically after big fights, even with my toughness, that can't be happened post patch. I tested the same Torment w/o FS and my FA go strong. So tested again, after some smaller fight, i found that there is a hidden limit of Fetish of both types or something, that makes FS overlap FA when FS is summoned at a certain number. So, if that's a bug, plz fix, if there is a hidden limit number, plz separate FA and FS so FS can't kill my FA when summoned over that number. Thx for reading, waiting for reply !

Update :

By Vdub :

there is some testing going on in the WD forums and people have been posting their results here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675229787?page=3

at first it was thought a toughness or survivability change was causing the fetish army to die in combat, but after further testing it appeared that the summoned sycophants were "overwriting" the perma army from zuni set (based presumably on some hidden limit of max fetish amount), and they werent dying but merely despawning.
I too can replicate this on my WD
to clarify the OP:

there is some testing going on in the WD forums and people have been posting their results here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675229787?page=3

at first it was thought a toughness or survivability change was causing the fetish army to die in combat, but after further testing it appeared that the summoned sycophants were "overwriting" the perma army from zuni set (based presumably on some hidden limit of max fetish amount), and they werent dying but merely despawning.

would like to see or hear officially what is truly the case. OP you might want to rephrase your topic title for better "visibility" on the issue.
- BUmp ! For the miserable FA !
i have a hunch that a hidden limit has always been in place even pre-patch, but with the old proc rates and the attackspeeds of characters, they would just never be able to reach it within the 60 second window. Now, with the chance doubled, combined with hitting packs of mobs at once, that "hidden" number is more easily surpassed.

if this is the case, i understand and can live with a limit (too many fetishes just clog up the works anyways), BUT the sycophants should not overwrite the FA army, and only replace themselves.
There was no limit to fetishes before path 2.0.5.

As of patch 2.0.5, a limit was put in place on fetishes to 15. (Does it include the Gidbinn?)

No thought appears to have been given to the fact that Fetish Army fetishes are special (more damage/different elemental types) and should be kept separate from the spawn limit on Fetish Sycophants which are physical only and do not benefit from +Fetish Army damage.

Also, if the Gidbinn fetishes fill up this limit, that's even worse, as they are really bad compared to the other fetishes.
I too can confirm this is happening. I have a zuni set and when I use FA and FS together, all my fetishes are FS fetishes who die after 60 secs or from battle. If I turn off FS it seems I consistently have 8 fetishes under FA. I never saw this happen pre-patch but as Vdub pointed out, I rarely got to the full capacity with FS active before.
well the same is being said in reddit and other places.

FS spawning and overiding FA

seems like someone dropped a wrench in the works and haven't thought about your main summons being kept separate from your passive summons

ofc this would all be easier to clarify if blizz actually had a UI that shown passive summons in an icon separate from your main summon pets...
WTH blizzard D:
I was the one that started the thread on the Witch Doctor section... And with the experiments there... it seems that FS dudes replaces FA dudes... This is wrong as they are completely different. I am cool with the limit to the number of fetishes we can have BUT the 8 FA dudes should not be replaced by FS dudes... So if 15 is the limit, I am OK with only having 7 FS dudes but I get to keep my 8 FA dudes... And I believe this should have been the implementation...
It's only natural. First using FA killed all FS fetishes, and now FS is killing all FA fetishes. Come on guys, Blizz is just making sure the screwing goes both ways instead of only one. :)

In all seriousness though, there have been multiple threads in this forum about FA killing FS fetishes that Blizz continued to ignore, hopefully this new screw up will bring attention to the old problem that they never bothered to address, in addition to them addressing this new problem.
This is very unfortunate, and needs to be addressed ASAP.

The fact that the Fetish Sycophant passive seems to overwrite the more powerful Fetish Army skill invalidates the usefulness of the full Zuni set.

The skills should synergize not invalidate one another!
bump~

My FA fetishes are being replaced by FS fetishes it seems. This should not be happening...
05/13/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Crystian
I was the one that started the thread on the Witch Doctor section... And with the experiments there... it seems that FS dudes replaces FA dudes... This is wrong as they are completely different. I am cool with the limit to the number of fetishes we can have BUT the 8 FA dudes should not be replaced by FS dudes... So if 15 is the limit, I am OK with only having 7 FS dudes but I get to keep my 8 FA dudes... And I believe this should have been the implementation...

i agree i think this is what was intended as well and was just not excecuted.
Fix it altogether with the rift fix Blizz, thanks.
Ditto, same thing is happening to me and kind of rendering my Zunimassa 4pc bonus useless =/
Please fix this bug!
I can confirm, that this is also happening to me, I have a full zuni set, hardly ever my FA would die in t3. When using the passive skill, FS along with my FA, it seems it likes to spawn in all the FS, replacing my FA, i find myself using FA more often. Please fix this. I worked hours to get the set i have, to only see it get bugged.
This should really not be allowed to happen, please look into it.