Battle.net launcher "updates" every time

Mac Technical Support
So, I believe the title here pretty much says it all. Every time I open up the Battle.net launcher since Patch 2.0.5 came out, it seems to think that I have to update D3. It's not even changing the build number (23920), though, so it seems to me to just be a glitch.

The game runs fine after the 5 seconds of "updating." It's just annoying and, certainly, shouldn't be happening.
I'm currently stuck with "Waiting for another installation or update" and can't play. All updates have been applied. I've restarted the Bnet client a few times and still getting this. Ughhhh
I do have the same issue as the OP. Bit annoying and could be the warning of something else wrong maybe?
I am also currently stuck with "Waiting for another installation or update" and can't play.

All updates have also been applied.

Something is not right.....
I was having battle.net app saying that D3 was needing to update and was waiting for other updates. I was able to fix it by restarting my computer and when I started the Battle.net app it did a D3 update and is now playable.
05/14/2014 04:20 AMPosted by DrZoidberg
So, I believe the title here pretty much says it all. Every time I open up the Battle.net launcher since Patch 2.0.5 came out, it seems to think that I have to update D3. It's not even changing the build number (23920), though, so it seems to me to just be a glitch.

The game runs fine after the 5 seconds of "updating." It's just annoying and, certainly, shouldn't be happening.

I have the same problem. It spends a few seconds then will allow me to click "Play" afterwards. It has also gotten stuck waiting for an update, rebooting the Mac solved this.
Rebooted, but no fix.
Hey all,

Issues with the Update Agent getting stuck on an update or checking after exiting a game are usually resolved by deleting some specific files related to Battle.net. Please try closing the Battle.net App and restarting first, and if that doesn't work, give deleting these files a try.
Alright. Let's go a bit higher out and delete all Battle.net folders:

1.) Using Finder, click Macintosh HD.
2.) Navigate to the /Users/Shared directory.
3.) Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard folders.
4.) Relaunch the game.

There are some files in the Blizzard folder that Battle.net will reference as well; this should remove *all* traces of the Battle.net cached items and allow it to progress after a restart.
I have the same issue of constantly having to download the new patch update, despite it being already installed. Tried deleting the mentioned files but still have the same problems. This only start with patch 2.0.5 =(
This is the issue I've mentioned in the other thread Glaxigrav. This is only affecting Diablo 3. The last time this happened was when the "uninstall information" files format was changed and the BDA had not been updated to handle it properly, so that may be a possibility here as well.

I've gone through every possible troubleshooting trick I know of, including, but not limited to:

Resetting permissions on my Diablo 3 installation (nested) and on the Blizzard and Battle.net folders in the /Users/Shared folder.

Deleting the Diablo 3 installation cache, Diablo III.mfil, the Diablo 3 Updates folder and Agent.db file and running the BDA to allow Diablo 3 to rebuild its cache.

Checking all settings pertaining to installation and update of games within the BDA.

Nuking the BDA and reinstalling it, and then relocating my game installs.

Grabbinb the latest SetupOSX.MPQ from Patchup.info for WoW/D3/SC2 and placing it into the Diablo 3 folder.

I even investigated the possibility of the BDA pulling data from an incorrect patch URL (courtesy: MysticalOS) and checked out the following thread, but with no positive hits or results from the information found therein: http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/12673098214

Unfortunately Apple in all its infinte wisdom removed the "open files and ports" window from Activity Monitor, so I can't see what the BDA is pulling down or doing when it looks for the update or "performs" the update.

The BDA is redownloading the patch, but not applying it. I did notice that while it downloaded the patch, it applied the OS X .lock files to both of the updates that are currently residing in the folder, which would prevent just that - if the files are locked, the BDA can't update it, and the cycle continues forever.
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
I have already deleted the folder and relaunched, but still can't fix it.

When relaunching, the original "PLAY" button changed to "INSTALL" button, after a few seconds, the launcher started to update and changed it back to "PLAY" button.
Much appreciated. After I had posted that I ran my Mac through it's paces to see if I could resolve it locally as well... no dice. I'm going to confer with Machkhan tomorrow and we'll touch base with the Mac Engineers and see what we can do. :)
Wairgor linked me to this under support ticket US44546088, as it appears the same issue is affecting me.
Hey dribble,

I just responded to your thread over in the Mac Battle.net forums. Can you take a look and send us the files?

After that, if you're affected by this problem as well, try our workaround listed here.
Thanks for the reply on the other thread. I emailed the logs and full info -- hopefully that helps.

Unfortunately, the workaround doesn't help as I'm unable to install the bnet client to begin with.
05/15/2014 07:22 AMPosted by dribble
Unfortunately, the workaround doesn't help as I'm unable to install the bnet client to begin with.

What errors are you getting, if any, when attempting to install the Battle.net Desktop App?
Caution: This cookie bites back.
FYI,
Just tried again, and it spontaneously worked. Battle.net installed, and Diablo 3 is again installing.
I'll relay this is a relief after 5+ hours of troubleshooting this yesterday to no avail.

I am not certain if any changes were made on your end specifically to address this, but would be interested in hearing a post mortem if you've got one.

Thanks,
I am also seeing this issue after the recent patch. Button on the battle.net agent says "update" and so I click it. Takes about 1 to 2 mins before you can play. It doesn't actually seem to download stuff.