Something was buffed...just not legendary drop rate.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Now i'm getting.....wait for it....RARE PLANS! EVERYWHERE! BUT NO LEGENDARIES!

WHATS GOING ON!?
Anybody else getting this problem?
yeah, I feel like the might of doubled the legendary drop chance on average, by quadrupling the plan drop chance and nerfing everthing else.
Friends are reporting duplicated plans drops. I got none so far.
Yep! The patch notes specifically call out Legendary crafting plans having an increase in their drop rate, but it turns out that all of them were increased.
Why rare plans ??? Waste of time n space.. because 99.99999% no one will use it and if they do it turn out bad anyway.....
Not just rare plans but rares magics and legs in general are increased. Im seeing things fall out of trash monsters in normal even.
Maybe teach them to the blacksmith and they'll stop dropping?
You can get dupes if they're sitting in your inventory, but I don't think they'll drop again if you've "learned" them.
OP is also getting rare plans because level 60/no ROS.
With ROS and lvl 70 character, I haven't seen a single rare plan.
05/15/2014 03:25 PMPosted by Grimiku
Yep! The patch notes specifically call out Legendary crafting plans having an increase in their drop rate, but it turns out that all of them were increased.

Seriously... I found FIVE of them last night.(in a 3 hour time frame)
Ya I have been farming since 12 PST last night went to sleep woke up this morning farmed more and found like 3 legs but found 1000 leg patterns so somthing is broken with this 100% drop rate its not working at all
05/15/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Scourge

Seriously... I found FIVE of them last night.(in a 3 hour time frame)

And you won't find them again once you've learned them. Aren't you thankful?
That a good thing! You will get all the rare plans in no time and they never drop again. Then after that is seams they default to legendary cause I have them dropping out of the wazooo and that was before this patch.
Posted by Grimiku

as it states on the posting for the anniversary
To celebrate the game's second anniversary and the community that made it all possible, players who log in to defend Sanctuary this week will receive double Rift Fragments as well as a +100% boost to their chance to find Legendary items

this does not say plans at all.....nobody is getting 100% drop on leg items like it stated, ITEMS includes all gear so why the lack of gear leg drops????????????????????????????????

Please fix diablo 3 to be like diablo 2 and here's how:

Kill an elite pack: 1 out of 4 or 5 will drop a legendary
Kill an act boss: 2 out of 3 will drop a legendary.

Diablo 2 remained fun for 10 years because it was exciting to face tougher mobs as they'd drop the better items in the game at a similar rate to what I just described.

It was the excitement of drops that made the game fun.

You've changed the game where you only get rewarded by legendary drops when you clock several hours of playing - then the pity timer saves you from the pity-FULL drop rate that YOU designed and a legendary drops out of a crate.

BOOOOORRRINNNNG.

We didn't pay $$ for a job. We paid $$ for a game that would reward you like diablo 2 and diablo 1 did: the better items 1 out of 4 tough mob packs and 2 out of 3 act bosses.

Please change it back.
05/15/2014 03:32 PMPosted by doccocaubai
Why rare plans ??? Waste of time n space.. because 99.99999% no one will use it and if they do it turn out bad anyway.....

devastator and utar's roar are great for fire/cold builds.

also there are a couple of CD reduction sets that crusaders might like, and ofc, 2piece asheara/aughdi
05/15/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Reason

Diablo 2 remained fun for 10 years because it was exciting to face tougher mobs as they'd drop the better items in the game at a similar rate to what I just described.

WHAT?

Clearly your memory sucks. Drop rates in RoS FAR FAR FAR exceed anything we ever saw on D2, ever. Unless you used a mod, Diablo 2 was a barren waste land of loot compared to this.
I got 3 legendary plan drops last night, playing for 2 Hours and I thought I was finally being super lucky, for a change. What really blows me away is, I had the special materials for all 3!
This game can drive a person bonkers sometimes.

Windigo
05/15/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Gimolos
Can you correct the record on this? A previous blue post indicates that they are in fact pre rolled and static.

If they're not pre-generated, then why are all the items level 70 when you open them on a level 63? Also, explain why bows and DH cloaks should have anything other than dexterity?

They said they're pre-generated and you post a video that doesn't really disprove that. Just one that shows you can get garbage from caches.
05/15/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Reason

Please fix diablo 3 to be like diablo 2 and here's how:

It was the excitement of drops that made the game fun.

You've changed the game where you only get rewarded by legendary drops when you clock several hours of playing - then the pity timer saves you from the pity-FULL drop rate that YOU designed and a legendary drops out of a crate.

BOOOOORRRINNNNG.

We didn't pay $$ for a job. We paid $$ for a game that would reward you like diablo 2 and diablo 1 did: the better items 1 out of 4 tough mob packs and 2 out of 3 act bosses.

Please change it back.

D2 had trash drops. You did not get usable gear every 4-5 kills LOL wtf are you smoking. I remember farming for hours with my 900 MF sorc and getting so few uniques/sets that I never really considered it a source of income. On top of that, when uniques/sets DID drop, they were often complete trash. MUCH worse than the current D3 smart loot

Having an MF char in D2 was more of a trophy than an actual practical thing, unless you botted. If I wanted to find gear, I would flip items on trade chat or use other means.