Getting bored of wiz - how to start WD

Witch Doctor
Thinking of starting a WD. Keep hearing how effective they are at higher Ts with their most popular pet build tanking for them compared to other classes.

But I hear the most effective WD builds are very specific gear, more so than other classes - is this true?

What build should I start with? I can probably bring in some wiz gear over, but most of it is arcane dmg related so not sure its that helpful.

Your general thoughts on WD as a class in ROS?

Otherwise, my 2nd thought was to give the UP crusader a go.
Pretty much don't do it imo due to gear requirements being high.

I geared up my wiz and out dps my wd easily plus its faster .

Unless you want to solo they are definitely solo friendly .
Start with DOT build, Quetzalcoatl your best friend. Very effective build. After start collecting zuni + tasker & teo + MoJ. All this for lvl 70.
If u ask me, witch doctors are bad unless u get kurki, or the zuna set or jade, and that might take some time.
05/01/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Bankai
Thinking of starting a WD. Keep hearing how effective they are at higher Ts with their most popular pet build tanking for them compared to other classes.

But I hear the most effective WD builds are very specific gear, more so than other classes - is this true?

What build should I start with? I can probably bring in some wiz gear over, but most of it is arcane dmg related so not sure its that helpful.

Your general thoughts on WD as a class in ROS?

Otherwise, my 2nd thought was to give the UP crusader a go.

Firebat/Fetish is a great way to start out and is very easy in lower Torments even if you don't have much gear.

Like any new class, start in t1. No I'm wrong, Start in Normal Difficulty. Why? I'll tell you why.

First thing you want to do as a new WD, farm your RoRG. The most effective way to do this is from doing Act 1 Normal Split Bounties(there are several communities for this). As you are doing this, you may get Misc Legs and some great yellows for starting out your character. Continue doing Act1 Split bounties until you get your RoRG.

This will allow you to have enough keys to start doing Rifts, Now you want to farm Blood Shards from Rifts. After farming up your RoRG, you probably have about 1100+ Key Fragments. This is great. Now Search for the community: "Rift it Forward". Farm Blood Shards from Rift it Forward, this is the most effective way to spend your Rift Keystones. You want to spend your Blood Shards on Helm > Hands > Ring > Weapon. Helm for MoJ, Hands for TnT, Ring for SoJ, and Weapon for SMK/Doombringer. Do this until you have at least TnT.

By the time you get both MoJ and TnT from Kadala, you probably also got your Aughild Pattern. Now you want to farm Aughild Shoulders/Wrists. Here's a guide on how to do this:
http://tazeon.blogspot.com/2014/04/farming-shard-of-entsteig-plate-for.html

After you've farmed up Your shoulders and wrists, you probably have quite a bit of gear by now. The next step is farming WD-Set items from doing Rifts with other WDs. Depending on your gear, you can probably do anywhere from t3-t5 by now. Continue doing this as long as you need to until you get your final pieces!

Good luck!
I had the same thoughts. I have a Wizard and wanted to try something new so I got a WD to 70. My Wizard is so much better it is not even funny. The WD is extremely weak in comparison.