Go to mystic, pay recipe cost, pick your attribute

General Discussion
Give me one good reason why the mystic does not do this.
The mystic doesn't do that because Blizzard didn't make her able to do that.
You will beat T6 in a week, complain that there is too little content, and rant even more in the forums.
Just ask Blizzard for an item editor. All problems solved.
05/01/2014 10:17 AMPosted by djmilhaus

Agreed, Blizzard might as well release their own version of Jamella for D3. That'll solve everyone's problem.
05/01/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Lantern
You will beat T6 in a week, complain that there is too little content, and rant even more in the forums.

Ah, the tired, canned, paternalistic response: "You can't have what you want and what would make the game more fun because Blizzard/we/I know what you really want better than you do!" Ironically, half the time this canned B.S. comes from someone who does have the gear, already is farming T6 (but strangely hasn't "gotten bored and quit"), and is the counterexample to his/her own assertion.

Hardcore fanboys can't stand the thought of the other 99% of players getting loot some time before they quit the game.
Its a money, mats blackhole. To fight inflation.
I would prefer to pay the Mystic to remove possible rerolls

For example you have 6 possible rerollss

Pay the mystic 100k to remove 1. 300k to remove 2. for each item

Rerolls only cost mats. Money is just for to remove rerolls
05/01/2014 10:17 AMPosted by djmilhaus

How does reassigning one attribute turn into a full edit of an item? It's this time of extreme exaggeration from the fanboys who will love anything Blizzard produces without criticism that causes the rest of us to dismiss your opinions.

Seriously, your response to my post is the equivalent of suggesting we eradicate all dogs because someone says they like cats.
Some people might view it as making the game to easy and hurting it's long term replay value for maximizing stats.

Why don't legendaries just roll with max stat values to begin with?
Why can't I buy a specific legendary from kadala for x shards?

Certain mechanics, for better or worse, simply exist to pad out the grind and keep people working invested on improving their character.
05/01/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Zeromizer
Its a money, mats blackhole. To fight inflation.

Inflation only happens when there is an economy...
05/01/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Kyltyr
Inflation only happens when there is an economy...

An economy requires trading.
05/01/2014 10:16 AMPosted by KingRaven42
The mystic doesn't do that because Blizzard didn't make her able to do that.

This guy gets it. They introduced the mystic so you could spend time farming gold/mats to not upgrade your items.
05/01/2014 10:51 AMPosted by Outlaw
An economy requires trading.

trading requires currency, ah doh, it doesnt ... sorry, could not continue the line :(
05/01/2014 11:00 AMPosted by vektor
I like longevity in my games for fun. Making it harder to get perfect rolls gives the game a longer life span. Don't like it, search elsewhere for a game you can adjust the rules and get instant gratification. It seems you need that more than a challenge or a steady climb to the top.
I have an idea, they can increase drops since the 90% club would like to see gear without having to play 500+ hours to get it and you can make the game as long as you want by salvaging any gear that you think makes the game too short for you.

No one is asking for anything on a silver platter, they are just asking for the drop rate to be more reasonable. Most people would like to play more than one character in their lifetime...
05/01/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Kyltyr
05/01/2014 11:00 AMPosted by vektor
I like longevity in my games for fun. Making it harder to get perfect rolls gives the game a longer life span. Don't like it, search elsewhere for a game you can adjust the rules and get instant gratification. It seems you need that more than a challenge or a steady climb to the top.
I have an idea, they can increase drops since the 90% club would like to see gear without having to play 500+ hours to get it and you can make the game as long as you want by salvaging any gear that you think makes the game too short for you.

No one is asking for anything on a silver platter, they are just asking for the drop rate to be more reasonable. Most people would like to play more than one character in their lifetime...

See... luckily for me, I see it the way Blizz sees it, so your "Idea" falls flat. Who says you are entitled to the best items and stats in the game when you want them, at the rate you want them. Answer? You are NOT entitled to anything!

Also, lol @ "my opinion HAS to be 90% of the communities opinion too!!!" News flash: It's not. Much lower. Either way, you don't get what you want because Blizz is in control and doesn't agree with you... and I agree with them. Great to be in my shoes because I am not mad about anything and am getting out of the game what I want.

You can start and play all of the characters you want. What's stopping you? Oh YEAH, I forgot. What's stopping you, is that before you can move on, you need to have everything you want, right now, handed to you in a time frame of your choosing. So sorry. Life doesn't work that way. You may want to choose another game.
05/01/2014 11:33 AMPosted by vektor

Also, lol @ "my opinion HAS to be 90% of the communities opinion too!!!" News flash: It's not. Much lower. Either way, you don't get what you want because Blizz is in control and doesn't agree with you... and I agree with them. Great to be in my shoes because I am not mad about anything and am getting out of the game what I want.

You can start and play all of the characters you want. What's stopping you? Oh YEAH, I forgot. What's stopping you, is that before you can move on, you need to have everything you want, right now, handed to you in a time frame of your choosing. So sorry. Life doesn't work that way. You may want to choose another game.

Fortunately for the rest of us, we know you're wrong. You can side with the developers all you like, people are leaving this game in droves.
Last time I checked, the forum wasn't full of posts about how great the drop rates are or how awesome it is that everyone's friends list is still full.
And unlike you want to believe, I'm not mad about it. I'm actually pretty happy, they cleared up some free time for me and also saved me from having to give them any more of my money. It doesn't keep me from being disappointed that they !@#$ed up one of my favorite franchises, but c'est la vie.
Oh, and lastly. This is a %^-*ing video game, not life. It's supposed to be fun and rewarding, not hard work. If people want to work long hours in order to be compensated poorly, they'll go out and get a job...