Elite ground attacks ninja-buffed to majorly OP

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
blackthorn makes me immune to those, i could care less LOL
05/16/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Kingki
blackthorn makes me immune to those, i could care less LOL
Except there are reports from numerous people with Blackthorns that are being hit, even though they shouldn't be.
I have a little more information to share with all of you about this, so here we go. :) Plagued was doing higher damage than we intended, and we found the error. The good news is that it was something that could be addressed in a hotfix, and we implemented that fix last night. So, at this time you should no longer be experiencing extra deadly plague pools, but your regularly scheduled deadly plague pools instead.

Enjoy the anniversary buff while it's here, everyone, and good hunting!
called it. no way they were going to let this coninue during the anniversary.

if only you guys were this quick to react during non-important event weeks, then we would be talkin!
05/16/2014 10:51 AMPosted by Grimiku
I have a little more information to share with all of you about this, so here we go. :) Plagued was doing higher damage than we intended, and we found the error. The good news is that it was something that could be addressed in a hotfix, and we implemented that fix last night. So, at this time you should no longer be experiencing extra deadly plague pools, but your regularly scheduled deadly plague pools instead.

Aw I was hoping the plagued damage + waller I succumbed to earlier today on T3 was still bugged. Were any other ground effects over performing? Oh well back to T2 for my weak self to hunt for more legendaries!

As an aside: the anniversary buff is really quite nice. It feels much more like a natural acquisition rate. Keeps me motivated to keep on the hunt. When I get a bad legendary I'm not as disheartened as I know another one is truly right around the corner yay!

Doesn't hurt me any...

poison enchant, desecrator, arcane sentries, molten, thunderstorm, and the fire grate pits in the forge levels (including rifts) are doing 2-4 times as much damage as before 2.0.5. the dev team is far from done with this.

hell, walking across a 3 yard fire grate can deal 2-4 million toughness worth of damage. that's 10 million toughness lost per second in torment 5.
05/16/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Ryoko

poison enchant, desecrator, arcane sentries, molten, thunderstorm, and the fire grate pits in the forge levels (including rifts) are doing 2-4 times as much damage as before 2.0.5. the dev team is far from done with this.

hell, walking across a 3 yard fire grate can deal 2-4 million toughness worth of damage. that's 10 million toughness lost per second in torment 5.

Think about it. EVERYONE complained that blackthorns was dropping everywhere and that it was useless. So when blizz hears that they don't think to "buff the other set's drop rates" instead they hear "Oh blackthorns sucks to much, how can we make it better". Then instead of actually BUFFING blackthorns to include ALL GROUND EFFECTS (like it should be) they increase the damage of ground effects making anything over T3 a true challenge.

I did some testing and ran 2800 AR (Full 78AR Gems, and energy Armor) and still die'd from ground effects within 1-2 seconds on T4-6. It was utterly sad and game breaking. You literally run into times that are 100% out of your control when you get locked in with Walls, Jailer, vortex or worm hole'd back in And IF you actually manage to escape in that 1-2 you end up dieing anyways by vortex or worm hole when you pulled back in before you can re-fill your health or your potion cool down resets. Why blizzard thought this was a good idea is Beyond me. I ended up going back to blackthorns (effetely destroying a new fun Archon build) i was testing out. At this rate the game is loosing it's fun factor. I'm tired of enjoying the game only to be FORCED into a new direction because blizzards wants us to play that way. If they want to increase the amount of Damage we Receive they need to increase the amount of AR we can get on gear from 100 to 200 then. Or Double AR GEMs.

Blizzard needs to address this issue with Ground Effects or GIVE Every Character that 30 Decrease in Damage. Only the characters with that reduced Damage are the ones who can deal with the ground effects how the game intends. For the rest of us its broken.
05/16/2014 11:44 AMPosted by mat82284
05/16/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Ryoko

Think about it. EVERYONE complained that blackthorns was dropping everywhere and that it was useless. So when blizz hears that they don't think to "buff the other set's drop rates" instead they hear "Oh blackthorns sucks to much, how can we make it better". Then instead of actually BUFFING blackthorns to include ALL GROUND EFFECTS (like it should be) they increase the damage of ground effects making anything over T3 a true challenge.

I did some testing and ran 2800 AR (Full 78AR Gems, and energy Armor) and still die'd from ground effects within 1-2 seconds on T4-6. It was utterly sad and game breaking. You literally run into times that are 100% out of your control when you get locked in with Walls, Jailer, vortex or worm hole'd back in And IF you actually manage to escape in that 1-2 you end up dieing anyways by vortex or worm hole when you pulled back in before you can re-fill your health or your potion cool down resets. Why blizzard thought this was a good idea is Beyond me. I ended up going back to blackthorns (effetely destroying a new fun Archon build) i was testing out. At this rate the game is loosing it's fun factor. I'm tired of enjoying the game only to be FORCED into a new direction because blizzards wants us to play that way. If they want to increase the amount of Damage we Receive they need to increase the amount of AR we can get on gear from 100 to 200 then. Or Double AR GEMs.

Blizzard needs to address this issue with Ground Effects or GIVE Every Character that 30 Decrease in Damage. Only the characters with that reduced Damage are the ones who can deal with the ground effects how the game intends. For the rest of us its broken.

To stack 2800 ar is pure stupidity. No wonder you died.
Still taking WAY too much damage on my Monk. I used to do T3 without half the survivability issues I have now.

Magic and unique mobs seem to be doing much more damage than they did days ago. Their special abilities, at least (Thunderstorm, Desecrator etc.).
<span class="truncated">...</span>

To stack 2800 ar is pure stupidity. No wonder you died.

How is Maxing out AR stupid. We want to be able to stand in pools, take hits without the risk of dieing. That is end game. Maxing out stuff and still dieing in a few seconds is not.

They can't wait to remove it! Man, they will laugh so hard once it's gone and everyone is mad.
Well i've been pretty busy today so I haven't gotten to check things out yet but I am excited to see a Blue finally respond to this issue.

IMHO it just shouldn't have taken so long, but i'm glad it was addressed and "fixed".

I haven't played yet today (busy day) but I hope things are back to normal.
Elite packs need to play by the same rules we do when it comes to using abilities; limited resources, long cool downs, you get the idea. It's completely ridiculous to run from an elite pack and have a continuous unbroken line of desecrator pools following me.

Also, because of the fact that the number of members of an elite pack can be so variable, there has to be a limit on which members can use their abilities at what times, and how many of them can use them at the same time.

The way it is now we have an elite monster that has unlimited resources, no cool downs, and that can spam its abilities continuously, and this elite monster is accompanied by 2 to 6 clones that can all do the same things at the same time.

Makes for a slightly one-sided battle.

BTW, all those dudes who say "learn to play" and other meaningless but nevertheless insulting things have obviously never played at a difficulty level that will get them into trouble. They tell people to fearlessly walk up to the edge of the crater and look down, but they stay safely in the parking lot, locked in the car.
05/16/2014 12:56 PMPosted by OldPro
Elite packs need to play by the same rules we do when it comes to using abilities; limited resources, long cool downs, you get the idea. It's completely ridiculous to run from an elite pack and have a continuous unbroken line of desecrator pools following me.

Also, because of the fact that the number of members of an elite pack can be so variable, there has to be a limit on which members can use their abilities at what times, and how many of them can use them at the same time.

The way it is now we have an elite monster that has unlimited resources, no cool downs, and that can spam its abilities continuously, and this elite monster is accompanied by 2 to 6 clones that can all do the same things at the same time.

Makes for a slightly one-sided battle.

BTW, all those dudes who say "learn to play" and other meaningless but nevertheless insulting things have obviously never played at a difficulty level that will get them into trouble. They tell people to fearlessly walk up to the edge of the crater and look down, but they stay safely in the parking lot, locked in the car.

QFT
05/16/2014 12:25 PMPosted by MakeMeLaugh

They can't wait to remove it! Man, they will laugh so hard once it's gone and everyone is mad.

Nothing sounds so hollow as laughing in an empty room.

We'll see how this buff plays out next week.
It's fun to come back on the forums and see what the devs have !@#$ed up on this month, reminds me of why I stopped playing this game so I don't make the mistake of coming back to it.