11min. T6 clear MM/Dual Hydra (updated vid)

Wizard
Video 1 ( http://youtu.be/H3q5t7kJIN8 )

Video 2 :( http://youtu.be/Yq8q2lur4sA )

Video 3: ( http://youtu.be/3N6BYn6MZDI )

Video 4: ( http://youtu.be/HTaz7jUAJ0g )

Edit 5: Just showing off one more video. 14min. clear time. No shrine. No Unity. 1 death. Reason? Well, in previous videos, I tried not to "abuse" Calamity. However, I'm playing to my hearts content in this one. Showing off how good the mobility is and how fun it is to chain pull elites. Careful though, you often get in over your head and well...die. The mob in this all had really high based HP, which is why it took longer. Again I'm not cherry picking my videos.

Edit4: Uploaded another. 12min. clear time. No shrine. No Unity. 1 death. I got vortex into a molten explosion. Sick combo. Gear swap : Profile ammy for Haunt of Vaxo. (Both ammy gives around the same dps, give or take 100-200k.) Skill change : Blackhole for Teleport : Calamity (To proc Vaxo) Unwavering Will for Illusionist.

Edit3: Uploaded a complete one. 14min. clear time. No shrine. No Unity. 0 Death. The mob density wasn't great, had 5 levels of rifts.

Edit2: the video seem to have cut short. Will upload another one soon. Sorry first video ever. =p (apparently the program I use Shadowplay only allows 3.8GB of recording at a time.)

Edit: Updated with video. 12min. No shrines. One death. This is my first Youtube video, so go easy on me. This is my first game of the day, no warm ups, no choosing the best video to post. You can see I was playing real sloppy at the start and picked up a little towards the end. I made quite a few mistakes. I got real bad mob density also, I had to retrace back to level 1 to finish up, I feel I could have done this with a much better time, however I am posting this anyways. Enjoy.

Sorry no video, I'm not really into streaming and stuff. I am merely posting my experience with this build.

Took me 11min. to clear T6 with Magic Missile and duel Mammoth Hydra. One death, because I had 3 level full of A5 mobs charging and A4 dropping Meteor. I believe it would've been a lot faster without those mobs..for 3 level.

I used Icicle instead of Sparkflint, because I feel that freeze is real good for elites (espically the ones that charges you and jumps around, with 2.12 APS (just over breakpoint) we can freeze at a decent rate. I also went Elemental Exposure instead of Conflagration. I feel Sparkflint and Conflagration brings more when grouping.

This build is requires A LOT of shutter stepping. We have Blackhole for aoe CC and that's it. This was done with no unity, it is done with all the gear you see on my profile. Just feel like sharing my experience and letting the Wizard community that it can be done. Pure damage can be done.

Edit; forgot took Event over Supermassive.
I've been aiming for like the exact same spec, glad I saw your post!

I do have some questions though:

Have you compared Hydra to Molten Impact? Or is it too long of a cooldown? Also I've been interested in using Arcane Dynamo to boost the hydra/meteor since you won't spam it, +60% dmg it quite a lot.

I have not really tested if Deflection is necessary, ideally Force Weapon would be used, but maybe that's not viable right now.

[EDIT]: I also looked on using Blazing Hydra for the riftboss when you need extra single target damage, but I don't know if it's worth it.
05/02/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Allor
Have you compared Hydra to Molten Impact? Or is it too long of a cooldown? Also I've been interested in using Arcane Dynamo to boost the hydra/meteor since you won't spam it, +60% dmg it quite a lot.

Having molten impact on your bar ain't Worth it, the cd is way too long. Casting hydra will eat up your AD stack but it will NOT boost your hydra.
05/02/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Allor
I've been aiming for like the exact same spec, glad I saw your post!

I do have some questions though:

I have not really tested if Deflection is necessary, ideally Force Weapon would be used, but maybe that's not viable right now.

[EDIT]: I also looked on using Blazing Hydra for the riftboss when you need extra single target damage, but I don't know if it's worth it.

I tried Molten Impact, the damage was nice, however the radius of the drop is way to small. I like hydra because it helps with clearing trash. Each strip of flame from hydra does their own damage.

I do not have room for other passives, however I can see Arcane Dynamo working with Hydras (though I heard they were bugged, I have not tested this).

Deflection is a great spell. If you have enough toughness, you can certainly go Force Weapon. The reason I went Deflection is, because my Vit is kind of low, but I have pretty good mitigation and healing. Since shields consider mitigation and higher attack speed = more shield stacking, it was best for me to drop 10% extra damage for a huge boost in survivability.

Blazing Hydra can do more single target dps, but Mammoth helps with clearing trash way better than Blazing can. Since MM already do insane single target damage, I went with Mammoth.
Nice wand you have there, havnt found that one yet, havnt found a Mirrorball yet either.

I must try it out when I do though :)
05/02/2014 05:59 AMPosted by solomon
Having molten impact on your bar ain't Worth it, the cd is way too long. Casting hydra will eat up your AD stack but it will NOT boost your hydra.

That is an unfortunate bug, I guess hoping for it to get fixed soon is not worth it since it's been so long already. Thanks for the input though.

05/02/2014 06:08 AMPosted by Recon
I tried Molten Impact, the damage was nice, however the radius of the drop is way to small. I like hydra because it helps with clearing trash. Each strip of flame from hydra does their own damage.

I do not have room for other passives, however I can see Arcane Dynamo working with Hydras (though I heard they were bugged, I have not tested this).

Deflection is a great spell. If you have enough toughness, you can certainly go Force Weapon. The reason I went Deflection is, because my Vit is kind of low, but I have pretty good mitigation and healing. Since shields consider mitigation and higher attack speed = more shield stacking, it was best for me to drop 10% extra damage for a huge boost in survivability.

Blazing Hydra can do more single target dps, but Mammoth helps with clearing trash way better than Blazing can. Since MM already do insane single target damage, I went with Mammoth.

That's true about the radius, so even if you manage to lower the CD to somewhere along 7-8 seconds it would still not be as good. The damage is still insane though, with Arcane Dynamo you almost one-shot elites when it crits. :)

Hmm, I should probably go for Deflection as well, especially since I'm playing HC. :D

Wait, when you say that each strip of fire from Mammoth Hydra do their owns damage, do you mean that it stacks? If so, it's definately better than I thought.
I'll believe it when I see a video. But thats right, you won't do that.

No string of ears, no frost nova, no unity.. you would had to have been kiting non-stop. maybe you did clear T6 rift but you didn't do it in 11 minutes.
05/02/2014 07:37 AMPosted by kij

No string of ears, no frost nova, no unity.. you would had to have been kiting non-stop. maybe you did clear T6 rift but you didn't do it in 11 minutes.

I believe him. Below is a link to Simba's video where he does it in 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7V-LopEhyo

Sorry if you don't believe me, I'm not looking for any kind of acknowledgement(I lied) I am merely sharing my experience. I am not a big streamer nor interested in making Youtube videos. This build does require a lot of kiting/shutterstepping. Deflection + attack speed + high mitigation and high healing is all i really need.
Updated with video.

Hehe...
crazy the amount of micro you have to do, while the witch doctor video there is nearly none lol.
05/02/2014 10:26 AMPosted by penguinhorse
crazy the amount of micro you have to do, while the witch doctor video there is nearly none lol.

Link to WD video?
You can make your hydras duel each other? Cool!
Cool stuff man.

I found a sparker before they buffed pet damage. Wasn't spectacularly rolled but still wishing I kept it, messed around with hydra a bit and yeh two of them would be fun.

WTB Dual Wield, sparker and woh.
05/02/2014 07:49 AMPosted by BUMBLER

I believe him. Below is a link to Simba's video where he does it in 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7V-LopEhyo

I don't consider that a 7 minute clear since he took out 1/2 the map with conduit pylon
Updated with 2 more video.
What level was the game set to?
Doing the exact same thing. I need an andys and i'll prolly drop my Bracers for my Augs again once i get it. Also need a new cindercoat, and some trifecta Mages. Can't complain though.

I haven't tried t6, but t5 is pretty smooth. Need to up my damage little more with some better gear rolls.