Please nerf thunderstorm... sigh

General Discussion
Man Thunderstorm affix is just too strong. I am walking into Expert level games with my Wizard, destroying everything and then there is a yellow frog champ pack with thunderstorm affix, I am instantly getting killed.

I tried stacking Lightning Resist everywhere and it hasn't even helped.

How are you supposed to play this game if the Thunderstorm just follows you around you can't even dodge it? And I thought having level 70 characters means you're powerful? I can't even afford the repair costs anymore.
0/10 troll
i put teleport on the right click

but hey its ur call
The damage is fine.

I just hate how it's dropped right on top if you without warning and immediately starts doing damage.

It should have a buildup that gives you a small bit of time to move... like the similar ability used by Exarchs.

And I thought having level 70 characters means you're powerful? I can't even afford the repair costs anymore.

Only three scenarios can be assumed from these statements...

1: You're horrible at the game.

2: You're woefully undergeared for the difficulty you choose to play on.

3: You're lying.

Which is it?
So nothing should be able to kill you with your wopping 4mil toughness?

The simplest solution for you is not to stand in it/drag the mobs away from that area. The next solution would be to just gem resist instead of int. Your dmg is really quite high so you could prob take the hit. Up to you though.
Turn down the difficulty.
Attack>Move>Attack>Move
My god its like Shocking armor used to be,, but teh creeps habe the power,, oh the suckiness
OK so I lowered the difficulty to Hard and I'm still dying?
lmao i cant tell which of his wizards are gettin merced by expert t storms so i just settle and assume both
05/13/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Revolution

press buttons!
Y'all are getting trolled....
05/13/2014 04:58 AMPosted by Revolution
Man Thunderstorm affix is just too strong. I am walking into Expert level games with my Wizard, destroying everything and then there is a yellow frog champ pack with thunderstorm affix, I am instantly getting killed.

I tried stacking Lightning Resist everywhere and it hasn't even helped.

How are you supposed to play this game if the Thunderstorm just follows you around you can't even dodge it? And I thought having level 70 characters means you're powerful? I can't even afford the repair costs anymore.

That's what happen if you're concentrating all your skills in offensive with a minimal defensive.
05/13/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Revolution

Nope, you are just trolling.

1m dps, 4m toughness

/thread
05/13/2014 05:01 AMPosted by Ixir
0/10 troll
05/13/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Anointedone
Y'all are getting trolled....

I don't think he's trolling if his gear and setup is what I'm seeing to his Wizard. For sure he can't survive in Frozen, Jailer & Arcane in the battle.
Take note, you can't stand in the center of those elemental damage from elites with your gear.
05/13/2014 05:08 AMPosted by Silentstar
Attack>Move>Attack>Move

Mindless spam but I guess that's what passes for quality gameplay around here.
thunderstorm tears my level 70 wizard apart too. hell, all lightning just wrecks her.
Obvious troll is too obvious. He has plenty of gear, and in expert difficulty his int alone would provide enough resists to not get one shot by a thunderstorm. I do think the tstorms need a warm up warning sign type thing, like a cloud forming or the ball of lightning growing before it starts zapping you, but it doesn't hit hard enough to need a damage nerf.
trol.. guys move on to the next topic