Puzzle Ring

General Discussion
Hi,

just thinking if other people would like the same idea.

The puzzle Ring, its magical effect being a passive.

Summons a treasure goblin who picks up Normal-Quality Items for you. After picking up 15 items, he drops a rare with a chance for a legendary.

now when i am farming on my monk i usually smash through the game. and see stuff drop everywhere.

but i never see if he drops it, there is no notification or saying from the goblin to say "Here master we dropped an item", or a sound or anything other then the goblin always giggling.

Would it be nice if the goblin had a counter over its head, or if it showed up as a companion with a counter?

soemthing to let us know when the goblin is getting close to dropping the item.

at the moment i dont think the item is currently worth it as i dont know if it is dropping anything or if it is dropping stuff.

anyone else think they should make it more visbale if the goblin drops something?
I agree, when I first used the ring I didnt know if the item went straight to the inventory or if he drops the goodies. Honestly you just have to keep an eye on him, I myself count how many hes picked up so i know when or around the time he will drop. also, It wouldnt be a bad idea to let the user know that it stacks and when you get to 15 (or whatever number you have, I have 13) rare drops without DYING he will drop a LEG, I didnt know this until one of my buddies informed me. Pretty cool if you can make it that far without dying
cause it doesnt say if the counter resets when u log, and trying to keep track while ur smashing out t4 rifts and act farms with 4+ people kind of makes it ahrd to see what he is picking up and to keep track.

just a Suggestion though :)
04/30/2014 03:14 AMPosted by Hoofinater
Hi,

just thinking if other people would like the same idea.

The puzzle Ring, its magical effect being a passive.

Summons a treasure goblin who picks up Normal-Quality Items for you. After picking up 15 items, he drops a rare with a chance for a legendary.

now when i am farming on my monk i usually smash through the game. and see stuff drop everywhere.

but i never see if he drops it, there is no notification or saying from the goblin to say "Here master we dropped an item", or a sound or anything other then the goblin always giggling.

Would it be nice if the goblin had a counter over its head, or if it showed up as a companion with a counter?

soemthing to let us know when the goblin is getting close to dropping the item.

at the moment i dont think the item is currently worth it as i dont know if it is dropping anything or if it is dropping stuff.

anyone else think they should make it more visbale if the goblin drops something?

Giant orange star on the minimap and massive purple laser beam not enough? Or does the drops from him not show on the minimap
He explodes.

Explosions are good

Drops are good

Therefore

Half life 3 confirmed
it shows on the map but a note would be nice as at the moment the amount of stuff dropping from the goblin could be anywhere between nothing usefull to every bit of usefull gear ive got..

even if it says a note saying your goblin has dropped (Insert item here).

something so it doesnt feel like a waster slot.
Or instead of the goblin to drop the item after x amount of normal items he picked up, why not just allow him to keep it for you in his "treasure bag"?

This way you can still collect all the items you want during your runs and know that what ever he "dropped" is kept with him, so after the runs you access his bag and claim the items?

Think this will be easier and eliminate the confusion on when will he drop the next item but also not waste your inventory space, what nice is about this you can still log out and re-connect and the goblin will still have the items in your previous runs if you haven't taken any from him yet..but once his "bag" gets full he will then go back to the town and wait for you to clean his bag

Lol sounds silly but hey think it will work :D
Or instead of the goblin to drop the item after x amount of normal items he picked up, why not just allow him to keep it for you in his "treasure bag"?
And then we just kill it take the loot. When returning to game a new one spawns and starts over.
When his bag is full,he won't pick up any more and becomes "doable"
Why is OP being reported? O_o

Anyway, I tried this ring and the goblin dropped me 12 rares. I even tried with 200% mf gear. That's 180 white items and they are not very common to find.
Totally not worth to use it over a better ring just for the special effect
He doesn't drop stuff. He deposits them into your inventory. The one legendary he's given me, I knew came from him, because it just magically appeared. Didn't even know it was there until I came back to town.
i farm battlefields of eternity with it on, other then that i use ring of granduer, but in battlefields there can be anywhere between 20-50 white item drops in any given game due to the armour caches in that zone and the events there.

btw what do u mean reported?
04/30/2014 04:21 AMPosted by pillboxhat
He doesn't drop stuff. He deposits them into your inventory. The one legendary he's given me, I knew came from him, because it just magically appeared. Didn't even know it was there until I came back to town

That's happened to me too,but i wasn't wearing a puzzle ring.Things can get crazy clicking in a mob.
There should be the goblin portrait icon on left top screen and the number of stacked items which goblin picked, then it would be more visible
04/30/2014 04:25 AMPosted by Mech1
04/30/2014 04:21 AMPosted by pillboxhat
He doesn't drop stuff. He deposits them into your inventory. The one legendary he's given me, I knew came from him, because it just magically appeared. Didn't even know it was there until I came back to town

That's happened to me too,but i wasn't wearing a puzzle ring.Things can get crazy clicking in a mob.

True enough.
I think this is a solid quality of life improvement for puzzle ring.

That being said DH still doesn't get a counter for Sentry timers.
so everyone so far is agreed it would be a good "Quality of Life Improvment" for this to happen?
04/30/2014 03:53 AMPosted by Cauliflowers
He explodes.

Explosions are good

Drops are good

Therefore

Half life 3 confirmed

I can't fault your logic!
04/30/2014 03:53 AMPosted by Cauliflowers
He explodes.

Explosions are good

Drops are good

Therefore

Half life 3 confirmed

yes he may explode but between 4 players all the aoe effects and loot dropping left right and center...
I just picked up the puzzle ring for the first time yesterday.
Now he's the thing I've noticed about it.
Once you have the ring on you cannot collect normal white items anymore as the Goblin picks them up for you.
But I've noticed the amount of whites dropping are almost reduced to nothing...I mean normal items are now almost ultra rare.

Now here's another thing is that if you play area's where you see a lot of normal white items drop say Act 4 and Act 5...which is a good place to get whites.

But also I hardly know when the Goblin has the chance to drop something or when he's bag is full.
I know there's no indicator to show how many normal white items he's has collected but does it reset every time you take the ring off and on again.

Another thing to try is this:
Play without the ring and collect the number of normal white items and then drop them all on the ground.
Then equipped the puzzle ring and get the goblin to pick up all the whites and see what happens, so you can get and indication of what the goblin does when he's bag is full.
But I don't know if this works since I've heard people say if you pick up a white item and then drop it the goblin won't pick it up.
05/03/2014 11:42 PMPosted by MaskedReaper
Another thing to try is this:
Play without the ring and collect the number of normal white items and then drop them all on the ground.
Then equipped the puzzle ring and get the goblin to pick up all the whites and see what happens, so you can get and indication of what the goblin does when he's bag is full.

He doesn't pick up items when you drop them.

Also, the goblin does play a little animation when he drops an item. As soon as he picks up the last of the required number of items, he reaches into his bag and drops another.

All I've ever seen him drop is rares.