Leapquake barb, let's get it fixed!

Barbarian
1 2 3 6 Next
Ok now that the dust has settled since yesterday, everyone has let out all their frustration including myself. Let's create this thread in hopes one thing can be fixed.

I am of course talking about the leap animation. The earthen might fix wasn't all that bad, you can find ways around it. For bad players you are going to learn to adapt, even I admit the fury return was far to good.

Anyhow, my real frustration was the animation "tweak" blizzard did instead of making male barbs up to snuff with female barbs they just put a small delay during leaps. To most people and trolls this doesn't make sense to them? Why?

Let's go farm T6 and leap into some mobs, and you get "glued to the floor" and miss your leap out, you are know stuck and you died. The only way I can explain it, is if you have the set, if you don't have it, please do not comment. I have to hit my "leap" button sometimes 4-6 times to make my barb leap now.

Leap quake isn't dead, it's just frustrating, it feels like I'm lagging the entire time I'm playing. I got sort of used to it last night, but still hated it at the same time. Builds should not feel laggy or clunky, it takes the fun out it.

So +1 if you agree and please don't turn this into a "OMG FIX EARTHEN MIGHT" because the build can still do T6, I've done it. I just want it to feel fluid again and I'm sure a lot of others do.
+1
same here,, just reroll that freaking delay to wht it was before patch, that`s all i ask
+1 absolutely agree, RIP Earthen Might, but i can live without it. It's the female leap animation that is killing me.
It is still awesome!!
It's still viable, you just a need a few skill tweaks.
Instead of spamming the leap button, hold it down.
I will keep this thread alive until we can get some sort of fix or response. We all farmed are asses off for this set, well most of us. I really don't want to let this go.
05/14/2014 09:32 AMPosted by Kaputt
Instead of spamming the leap button, hold it down.

That's the problem, if you are holding it down then you can't use that one second between leaps. I get what you are saying but it's still clunky. I used to be able to leap down open a chest then leap back up, or move a little before I leaped to line it up perfectly. Now if you miss it, it resets lut socks and now you wait.

It's when worse if you get stuck on a rock lol.
05/14/2014 09:31 AMPosted by oOSlushyOo
It's still viable, you just a need a few skill tweaks.

Please actually read the thread.
It's definitely not as fluid as what the female barb used to be, but it's still pretty damn viable. After reading about all the "nerfs" that were happening with Leapquake barbs and people complaining, I was worried when I logged on last night it would all of been true.

After a tweak or two, I didn't see what the big uproar about it was. Yes, EM isn't worth a passive anymore and yes my 1 day old female barb is leaping like her male counterpart, but mobs are still melting.

The leap rate on the female barb before was quite nice, but it was insane and definitely OP IMO.
05/14/2014 09:40 AMPosted by trazzler
It's definitely not as fluid as what the female barb used to be, but it's still pretty damn viable. After reading about all the "nerfs" that were happening with Leapquake barbs and people complaining, I was worried when I logged on last night it would all of been true.

After a tweak or two, I didn't see what the big uproar about it was. Yes, EM isn't worth a passive anymore and yes my 1 day old female barb is leaping like her male counterpart, but mobs are still melting.

The leap rate on the female barb before was quite nice, but it was insane and definitely OP IMO.

How is leaping smoother OP? Earthquake doesn't stack.
+1 compare to other classes their skills are all fluid smooth as hell
I'm pretty sure it does stack and if it doesn't you were still doing more damage since you were getting more leaps in as a female than male.

Unless, I am totally misunderstanding and you are wanting them to add more animation frames so the leap looks smoother (but takes the same amount of time it does now), then I'd agree (but that's just more aesthetic than anything else).
Totally agree, fine with the "bug fix" but not the leap animation..
Come on bliz, you creating a female version of Michael Jordan?
earthen might > i dont mind cuz in mot using this at all from the beginning
leap delay > well, i just cr8 female barb 4 days ago. b4 that been playing with male barb. been get used to the slow leap.

not a big issue as long as they dont mess up with leapquake dmg/stack.
05/14/2014 09:47 AMPosted by trazzler
I'm pretty sure it does stack and if it doesn't you were still doing more damage since you were getting more leaps in as a female than male.

Unless, I am totally misunderstanding and you are wanting them to add more animation frames so the leap looks smoother (but takes the same amount of time it does now), then I'd agree (but that's just more aesthetic than anything else).

The build IS SUPPOSED to be amazing. Hence WHY it takes so long to get.

But to make it NOT smooth and screw it up, is just wrong. Having them give back a .5 second delay isn't going to make this build insanely OP.

Stop trying please. I notice you have a male barb with more elite kills and your EQ set is on your female barb. Don't be so obvious.
I've already gotten used to the male leap animation. It would be nice if they sped it up a bit because it feels better while playing but it's not a game breaker for me.
05/14/2014 09:47 AMPosted by trazzler

People keep saying that. You're applying 3x leap on the ground faster. BUT everyone still has a cooldown on LEAP!

It's the same damage per cooldown ...
05/14/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Ixir

But to make it NOT smooth and screw it up, is just wrong. Having them give back a .5 second delay isn't going to make this build insanely OP.

Stop trying please. I notice you have a male barb with more elite kills and your EQ set is on your female barb. Don't be so obvious.

Stop trying to be so obvious about? I don't get whatever conclusion you are trying to draw with me having my EQ gear on a female barb now vs. the male barb I was clearly playing before leveling what I said previously "my day old female barb".

I leveled a female barb because she was clearly faster pre-patch. Now they are they same, what do I care what character they are on?

There was a clear difference in playing as a female barb pre-patch. Again, I think the timing is now fine, but if they could smooth it out a little more, then I'd be all for it.

05/14/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Shadowhex

People keep saying that. You're applying 3x leap on the ground faster. BUT everyone still has a cooldown on LEAP!

Per cooldown, yes. Per second, no.
05/14/2014 10:11 AMPosted by trazzler
05/14/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Ixir

Stop trying to be so obvious about? I don't get whatever conclusion you are trying to draw with me having my EQ gear on a female barb now vs. the male barb I was clearly playing before leveling what I said previously "my day old female barb".

I leveled a female barb because she was clearly faster pre-patch. Now they are they same, what do I care what character they are on?

There was a clear difference in playing as a female barb pre-patch. Again, I think the timing is now fine, but if they could smooth it out a little more, then I'd be all for it.

05/14/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Shadowhex

Per cooldown, yes. Per second, no.

You are sitting here not wanting this fix, yet you meantioned in an above post how "OP" it was, yet you used it.

That's what I am implying.