Leapquake barb, let's get it fixed!

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Oh hey it's NYghost

Thought I smelled troll.
Right. It was OP and of course I used it (funny thing is, I said to myself the second I finish leveling her, they will fix/nerf/update this).

I can understand why they chose to adjust the leap time to match the male barb rather than vice versa. Would it be nice if they didn't fix it? Of course, but the fix didn't totally gimp Leapquake which is why I am ok with it.

Leapquake still feels pretty damn good to me.
05/14/2014 10:19 AMPosted by trazzler
Right. It was OP and of course I used it (funny thing is, I said to myself the second I finish leveling her, they will fix/nerf/update this).

I can understand why they chose to adjust the leap time to match the male barb rather than vice versa. Would it be nice if they didn't fix it? Of course, but the fix didn't totally gimp Leapquake which is why I am ok with it.

Could feel better ;D and we all know this now. I never once said the build wasn't viable btw.
05/14/2014 10:19 AMPosted by trazzler

fluidity goes a long way towards enjoying something. i don't think anyone can come here and say they prefer the male barb slow clunky animation after having used the fast female animation.

considering the nerf to earthen might, the least they could have done was given us the male barb with fast animation as well. instead it really just feels like blizzard prefers to toe kick us in the balls right down the middle, rather than sparing a genital for our own sake.

and i'm shelving my barbs for the time being b/c honestly i can't handle the constant nerfs. i spent a week gearing my barb for soh i found, and spent a lot of time gearing my leapquake barb. and yea, leapquake is still "viable" but it's rather disheartening to constantly getting nerfed.

i also don't have billions of gold, so when i try to swap around gear and builds, it's expensive and i often can't do it. already i spent 15m gold trying to turn my soj back to cold, and at this point it's like f it, why bother.

especially since crusaders look incredibly enticing and i have an entire stash of str gear to work with.
+1
Nothing to say..
Op was right
youve been playing leapquake build this whole time and havent noticed the it stacks? youre bad
05/14/2014 10:46 AMPosted by casepan
youve been playing leapquake build this whole time and havent noticed the it stacks? youre bad

Thanks for the free bump!
Why was it op? I guess potentially you could get an extra 2-3 hotas per cycle on the female barb but that is a non issue considering the earthen might nerf. Now any knock back will end the leap cycle. Great.
05/14/2014 10:32 AMPosted by Mcslops

fluidity goes a long way towards enjoying something. i don't think anyone can come here and say they prefer the male barb slow clunky animation after having used the fast female animation.

considering the nerf to earthen might, the least they could have done was given us the male barb with fast animation as well. instead it really just feels like blizzard prefers to toe kick us in the balls right down the middle, rather than sparing a genital for our own sake.

Absolutely agree with your statement on fluidity - if they smoothed out the leap animation (maybe make barb jump higher or something, so there isn't that pause) that would be awesome. That's the main reason I don't like the Raekor set. Nothing stops an all-runed Furious Charge, except that pebble in the way.

I would much rather have them fix that set's mechanics first.

I thought the nerf/fix to EM was going to affect this build way more than it did. Swapping out EM for Unforgiving or Superstition I feel works just as well, but I could be naive since I am running with Hexing pants.

I do miss out on the times when need some fury to sprint and there are no mobs around though.
Good grief.

Just adapt already...I don't remember Blizzard ever reverting a change back to it's original value...

The only "change back" i can remember is when they took the loot out of chests in 1.08 and put it back for 2.01.

I have definitely never seen a mechanics change that yielded a "rollback".

Pls this is just embarrassing.

The build (although a little less smooth) still works good.

You'll get used to it...give it some time.
Still works fine for me to be honest.
I even went ahead and made a lightning barbarian off my female character, just for kicks. Both are handling T4 quite easily. I haven't bothered with T6 yet, though. I really don't see the point, reward-wise.
Kind of tempted to go out of my ways and make a cold barbarian now. I can see it working pretty well.
It is not that bad, I realized it allowed more time to plan my next leap, so im happy, maybe im just slow lol.
05/14/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Pri
Just adapt already...I don't remember Blizzard ever reverting a change back to it's original value...

Pretty much this. Blizzard has never been in the habit of tucking tail and admitting they went too far. Either adapt, play a different class, or quit. This is not going to change. Just keep in mind, whatever is crazy OP today, is most likely going to get fixed
Yea Blizzard never admits they screwed up, they are far too prideful. Its dead, blizzard wins. Time to switch class to WD / Crusader. My barbs gear was nearly complete anyway getting further upgrades would have been crazy hard anyway

On the bright side, at least we are not monks
05/14/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Foxplay
Yea Blizzard never admits they screwed up, they are far too prideful. Its dead, blizzard wins. Time to switch class to WD / Crusader. My barbs gear was nearly complete anyway getting further upgrades would have been crazy hard anyway

On the bright side, at least we are not monks

Lol true. Think I'll switch to crusader also. Hilarious how they've made wotb2.0 after nerfing the original into the ground just months ago.

But yeah, of course removing 2 frames from the male barb leap would have been unconscionable, better to have a terrible female leap animation for parity. Because obviously the male leap is the "correct" speed since female barbs were only added into the game with ros.
05/14/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Ixir
Anyhow, my real frustration was the animation "tweak" blizzard did instead of making male barbs up to snuff with female barbs they just put a small delay during leaps. To most people and trolls this doesn't make sense to them? Why?

We're really grateful for the feedback regarding this change, and I'd like to provide some insight regarding why this change came to pass in this manner.

The animations between the male and female Barbarian for Leap is something that's been different for quite some time, since the original Diablo III release in fact. Of course, the difference wasn't very noticeable as, at the time, you couldn't Leap multiple times back to back.

With the introduction of Lut Socks, this magnified the previously unnoticed difference, and we agreed that we needed to fix it to make sure both animations were completing at the same time and therefore performing equally. We do agree the fix went in the wrong direction, and as a result you'll see a change in a future patch where both Barbarian genders will Leap at not only a faster pace than the current implementation, but faster than the original female animation.
WOOT!
Sweet!

Now, about that synergy between earthen might and Might of the Earth set... :)
Thank you for that great news!