Rhen'Ho Flayer - 2nd best WD weapon

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.

Are you sure it's not because all our Legendary off-hands are bugged right now?
05/06/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Kahless
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.

What?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12473547545?page=9#166

EDIT - the important part

04/21/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
In the near future, we'd like to address the second issue, which is that Legendary Sources and Mojos (both dropped and crafted) are not being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base Damage than Rare ones. Since any change made to address this issue would affect client-side data, it's not something we can hotfix; BUT, we are looking to implement a fix in an upcoming patch. We're still working out the specific details (including an ETA), but suffice to say that crafted/dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos should be more powerful than they were even prior to patch 2.0.4 once issue #2 is resolved.
I recall reading about that a while ago, figured it resolved itself out by now.
I didn't even notice...or know exactly what is bugged.

The blue post you linked isn't very clear is it?
Now I have to find this knife. I think I have to change my target for the mean time and hope smk would drop later on. This is awesome for my WD. Guess I have to put my tf somewhere else
I call my build "Fish Bearz and Frogz, oh my!" all the spells used to kill stuff also summon fetish! Soon I will also get my Zunimassa 4. MUAHAHHAHAHA.
I am split on this.

Addling is fun. Addling is great CC. I put a lot more hurt on with VB and nado tho. My runs are much faster with nado than toads. In the end efficiency wins out. If toads were better at actually chasing down mobs then maybe, or if they could hit the same mob more than once.

And you all want my Rhen'Ho Flayer :P

EDIT: Actually thinking more on it, I think it is all dependent on the luck of which elites you get in a rift. Some elites make toads suck. Flying ones that don't stay over map tiles for instance.
In the near future, we'd like to address the second issue, which..

what?! omg...
after i got 2 good TotD, 3 serpents, 2 Shukrani and 5 other different (set) wizard Orbs...now they gonna fix it.?!
:O
Hey guys,

Last night I had a Homunculus drop and since I only have 1 Zuni piece I am giving it a shot. I'm trying to decide if the effect it gives can work well in this build. I swapped out BBV for Sacrafice and swapped out Tribal Rites for Midnight Feast.

So I lose out on cool down reduction and more painfully pick up radius from totd.

In exchange I'm gaining 4 free dogs over time and 20% dps bonus refreshed every 30 secs plus a bump to gargantuan dps. And some defensive stats b

Ideally I can fine Zuni pieces and (pox, marrow, boots), then I'd have all my pets. So far I've done a few runs with it as still experimenting. I do notice the loss of pur mostly as fetish army seems to take forever to come back up.

Wanted to see what you all thoughts.
05/06/2014 06:20 PMPosted by RhymingDemon
I am split on this.

Addling is fun. Addling is great CC. I put a lot more hurt on with VB and nado tho. My runs are much faster with nado than toads. In the end efficiency wins out. If toads were better at actually chasing down mobs then maybe, or if they could hit the same mob more than once.

EDIT: Actually thinking more on it, I think it is all dependent on the luck of which elites you get in a rift. Some elites make toads suck. Flying ones that don't stay over map tiles for instance.

I do timed runs with different builds and the Flayer/Explosive beats my bats every time by a matter of 1.5-2mins.
05/06/2014 03:49 PMPosted by MCP
05/06/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Malahk
What does SMK stand for? I'm new to WD.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/starmetal-kukri

MCP, thanks.

I'm an old WD returning after a long time off. Can you please explain how a 39 dps weapon is the end-all be-all of T6? I don't doubt you as I've seen a lot of people post this, but I just can't figure out how 39.2 dps > 2100 dps. Does the weapon just scale with the level at where it drops so it's really not a 39 dps weapon?

Thanks!
05/07/2014 04:41 AMPosted by SilentMike69
05/06/2014 03:49 PMPosted by MCP

MCP, thanks.

I'm an old WD returning after a long time off. Can you please explain how a 39 dps weapon is the end-all be-all of T6? I don't doubt you as I've seen a lot of people post this, but I just can't figure out how 39.2 dps > 2100 dps. Does the weapon just scale with the level at where it drops so it's really not a 39 dps weapon?

Thanks!

You cannot be serious?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

MCP, thanks.

Thanks!

that 39 means nothing, that is showing you a level 31 version of it. like all other weapons it can be 2000-2500 depending on attack speed and affixes.

and it is best because you can have endless permanent fetish army and big bad voodoo
05/06/2014 06:20 PMPosted by RhymingDemon
I am split on this.

I would have to disagree, and you're comparing toads to nado, when i am using both in combination.

I feel that VB is very limited in that you must stand still and have a very small range. Frogs are like heat-seekers, they go out to the very edge of the screen everywhere and find targets to hit. With frogs I also have the ability to move and cast, move and cast, move and cast, as i dodge elite affixes and when i try to do that with VB i run out of mana.

The frog damage is nothing to scoff at either, with a 2.0 AS you are casting 6 frogs per second with 190% dmg each totaling 1140% dmg per second, with some of them exploding twice and some of them hitting nothing.

Gets me thinking and i have been wanting to find a good test scenario where i can try to record and evaluate how much damage the frogs are doing by themselves in a typical scenario. I may try to do that soon.
05/07/2014 05:49 AMPosted by DiGiTLMaN
With frogs I also have the ability to move and cast, move and cast, move and cast, as i dodge elite affixes and when i try to do that with VB i run out of mana.

I know what you mean. I'm venturing into T4+ now and I'm noticing a big difference from lower T in that my VB get interrupted a lot more by me having to move around. I can imagine this gets even worse at T5/6. I'd definitely love a Flayer to try out some froggy action!
Running frogs without VB is great if you have the Flayer and the Zuni set.

For those of us without the Zuni set however, I feel that VB is a must-have simply as a fetish sycophant generator. The proc from toads is too low/inconsistent to generate them with any reliability.

I can still handle T4 fairly comfortably without the Zuni set, but it's not efficient.
I'm still torn on this. I have a decent Flayer and use it from time to time (I rolled with it last night for while).

The CC is excellent, but I just don't seem to kill as quickly in T5 as I do with VB.

If I get a rift with the Act 5 MOBs then I'll typically switch to Addling and the Flayer since there's no hope of standing still, but otherwise I still prefer VB for the added Fetishes.
05/07/2014 06:58 AMPosted by Madmike
I'm still torn on this. I have a decent Flayer and use it from time to time (I rolled with it last night for while). The CC is excellent, but I just don't seem to kill as quickly in T5 as I do with VB. If I get a rift with the Act 5 MOBs then I'll typically switch to Addling and the Flayer since there's no hope of standing still, but otherwise I still prefer VB for the added Fetishes.

I use VB as well with this build for the isolated Rift bosses and Elite packs. Don't forget this build is really meant for CC of Addling toads, I have found with them exploding twice (via Rheno) actually procs the Confused state more efficiently.

I have always thought this build to be more of a support build then a full on damage build, though I would argue that with combo of fetish you are producing and that you can use VB on isolated bosses (also producing more fetish for the next fight), its a great damage dealer as well.
05/07/2014 06:58 AMPosted by Madmike
'm still torn on this. I have a decent Flayer and use it from time to time (I rolled with it last night for while).

The CC is excellent, but I just don't seem to kill as quickly in T5 as I do with VB.

If I get a rift with the Act 5 MOBs then I'll typically switch to Addling and the Flayer since there's no hope of standing still, but otherwise I still prefer VB for the added Fetishes.

Agree. I got a Rhenho with decent dps (2369.9). I tried it with all toads runes but it is far slower to do rifts at t4 / t5 than using VB.
I tried this build last night and I have to say that while it's fun and effective, I still ended up falling back to firebats and the doombringer. I just wasn't killing things fast enough for my tastes, and I also found that in open areas, some mobs were still getting through and hitting me. I didn't have enough fetishes out to kill stuff, and switching to a mana spender (I tried pile on) was cool, but it gave mobs time to snap out of their confusion and start hitting me.

It's pretty cool though and awesome to see the toads hopping everywhere and the chaos that ensues.