Who else is now bored/burnt out due to frustration?

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 Next
1. I was a whiner because of Auction House, I Grind, nothing good. No choice but go to AH. Find decent affordable ones only.
2. Expansion comes boom, I get better Items, I become one of the higher dps in the group because I changed my gear to what I find and make it awesome.
3. I have a good set now, decent high damage and a few types of builds stored in stash.
4. The best part is enchanting, not the best but you can always make it better.
5. But I still grind to have the ultimate best, I know it will be long cause it will be the best.

It depends on each persons level of satisfaction.

I wanted a chill build but hey why not have another type while hunting for that.
05/06/2014 08:01 AMPosted by DrSexxytime
All I know is that I'm locked out of content due to "RNG" aka predetermined loot tables plus a dose of RNG on top of that. I can't try out new builds. I can't help others. I'm artificially bound to what I can do due to this.

Predetermined loot tables is not what is going on in this game. It is weighted tables and tables based on whether it is a breakable, chest, demonic vessel, monster, etc... What happens is when a monster gets killed (monster for the example). Now the game selects that monster's table and see if anything drops. If there is a drop then it determines whether it is gold, crafting mats or gear. If it is gear according to the weighted tables if I understand them according to the information leaked a while back. It first would choose a slot, then it rolls for the rarity if it is a weapon then it rolls the type of weapon. Let's say it is a DH crossbow, also let's say it is a legendary. Now depending on the weighted table it picks Calamity.

This is how it is doing it because having predetermined tables would mean more work for the devs and they would be harder to control as far as having the items that they want to drop in x amount of percentage. If they want about a 6% chance to drop then you do not make predetermined tables that can randomly select items from a pool because now that 6% chance could actually be only 3% or even as high as 12%. Weighted tables are easier to control because all you have to do is turn a few nobs.

Also you came into this expansion like a lot of players. Thinking that the devs meant that the rate of upgrades would not slow down one bit. That the rate of upgrades would be the same as they were while leveling to 70. If Blizz did that then gearing up would be lame IMO.

Also I have looked at your profile and you have already found your calamity so stop this QQ'ing already.
Well I'm getting burnt out - another nail biter, another sever etc, etc. Didn't take long to get most my characters fairly geared up but then it's a brick wall looking for the real rare legendary items. Be nice to clean up the legendary pool and make them real legendary items. Crafting? Grind for mats till you can make 10 of something in hopes of getting one good one. I guess I started getting bummed when an Axe of Sankis finally dropped for my barb - no strength, no socket, low end fire damage.
Make rares smart loot - make legendary items brilliant loot. No more half !@# legendary items missing more stats than can be fixed up by the enchantress. Got a cinder coat on my wizard, needed it for the barb, too many missing affixes to fix it. It has to be worth breaking a 4 piece Blackthorns. I think it's just me 3 years is about my limit. - Next.

Predetermined loot tables is not what is going on in this game. It is weighted tables and tables based on whether it is a breakable, chest, demonic vessel, monster, etc... What happens is when a monster gets killed (monster for the example). Now the game selects that monster's table and see if anything drops. If there is a drop then it determines whether it is gold, crafting mats or gear. If it is gear according to the weighted tables if I understand them according to the information leaked a while back. It first would choose a slot, then it rolls for the rarity if it is a weapon then it rolls the type of weapon. Let's say it is a DH crossbow, also let's say it is a legendary. Now depending on the weighted table it picks Calamity.

This is how it is doing it because having predetermined tables would mean more work for the devs and they would be harder to control as far as having the items that they want to drop in x amount of percentage. If they want about a 6% chance to drop then you do not make predetermined tables that can randomly select items from a pool because now that 6% chance could actually be only 3% or even as high as 12%. Weighted tables are easier to control because all you have to do is turn a few nobs.

I don't see how per-determined loot tables create more work for the programmer. Having characters being able to get only, say 6 kind of legendaries, for a given item type ( pauldron, boots ) upon entering a game seems ridiculously easy to do. And it conveniently add another RNG layer.
Personally I don't know if this system indeed exist but it certainly feels like it. I don't know how I could have got 3 times the SAME belt in the same game otherwise.
05/17/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Thramox
I don't see how per-determined loot tables create more work for the programmer. Having characters being able to get only, say 6 kind of legendaries, for a given item type ( pauldron, boots ) upon entering a game seems ridiculously easy to do. And it conveniently add another RNG layer.
Personally I don't know if this system indeed exist but it certainly feels like it. I don't know how I could have got 3 times the SAME belt in the same game otherwise.

Look if it chooses loot like I said first it rolls the slot then it rolls rarity when it knows it's a legendary then it pulls from the legendaries that are in that slot, yes all of them. Then it rolls to see which one.

Like I said it is harder to make something drop with a rate of 5.88% if you have more layers than one of RNG. With that extra layer it could easier change to be 11.76% one time then go to 2.94% the next. It may even swing farther than that as far as lows and highs. There would be no way to have it drop the exact rate that you want it to drop because you have an extra knob to turn that will not necessarily give you the average that you seek. Which does make it extra work for the devs because now they are adding in an extra layer.

That extra layer is really not needed when you have weighted loot tables. If that info leak was accurate or near accurate and I will use Occam's Razor to say that it is the most likely to be what is going on since the devs have almost confirmed weighted loot tables. IIRC a while back when they were talking about the powerful legendaries I remember them saying that they would have a lower drop rate than the rest. Which confirms weighted loot tables, with them in place you do not need any other table in place.

It is easier to manage them because all you have to do to make one of the legendaries drop more is just turn a few knobs and presto it will drop more often. Add in the fact that each item and monster in the game has it's own loot table then you have full control over how much of x legendary drops in a y amount of time period.

You do not realize that your three of a kind has no affect on the future legendary drops. It is like anything else that is random in gambling in the real world. One roll does not affect the rolls of the future. No matter how high the odds of probability is those past rolls have zero magical affect on the future rolls.

That is why in other threads I have said that a game show like Deal or No Deal proves it. You never leave that 1/26th chance of picking the million dollar case. Now if you are able to remove all of the other amounts and the million is still in play near the end of the show your probability of having chosen the 1 million dollar case can go as high as 50%. Because you keep choosing cases and turning down offers from the banker until there are two cases left. If the million is still in play that means that one million dollars might be in your case. A 50% chance are good odds. but in reality you never really had more than a 1/26th chance at picking one million dollars. Unless they are having a special show where there is more than one, one million dollar case in the mix.

That is what is happening when you get three of the same thing you just do not leave it's default chance of dropping regardless of how many times you have already seen it. Those that believe in past drops affecting future drops are under the influence of a Gambler's Fallacy.
There are ways to improve the loot table. Say there was a way to let the legendaries you found help improve your chances in a certain direction.

An Idea could be to make table where you could insert found legenderies.
There could be like say 4-5 slots and by putting in a certain legendary combination you would now have increased drop chance of a certain type of legendary.

For instance lets say you now have all of the blackthorne pieces you now put one of each peice into the table and that will as a result make sure that you now have higher chance a getting a class specific set piece when a legendary drops.

This would make sure you are less likely to be stuck with the same set over and over.

Also lets say I now got 5 blackthorne pants, and I want a really good pair. If you could then put 5 blackthorn pant pieces into the table you woud have a higher chance of getting a nicely rolled blackthorne pants piece.

This would make sure that you would keep perfecting your gear and wouldn't feel stuck in you current legendaries.

Also different combinations in the table of legendaries could lead to diffrent types of legendaries increased drop chance.

I think this would be a really good addon to the RnG especially for people who is in the deep endgame t6. But it would also help players in general to progress.

This progress would be limited of the loot you have found so it would feel like a natural progress from one legendary to a better.
Do you not understand that the whole point of this game is to literally grind your way to hopefully find those Bis items. Sure when you do it for weeks and you don't find it, it can be frustrating. But if you're not putting in the same time as other players and expect to have all your gg end game gear then you are playing the wrong game. if you find at least one upgrade in 10hours of play then that is lucky it doesn't even have to be one of the Bis items. If you can't handle the grind then you are playing the wrong game.
The drop rates on Kindershot and Calamity was recently revealed, and while most normal legendaries would have a 16% chance of dropping (e.g. a Danetta's Spite has a 16% chance of dropping when you get a legendary hand crossbow), these two items had an obscenely low drop rate, something around 1%. This is why you never see them, why it's completely useless trying to farm for them and the reason you generally see so very, very few Demon Hunters in the end game. First you'd need a legendary to drop, then you'd need it to be a hand crossbow, then you'd need to roll the 1% for it to be one of those items.

As you said, you have the option of leveling another class. I leveled a Barbarian, and I've come across several BiS weapons for several different builds. In fact, I have many options for the end game and I'm enjoying it ten times more than I did with my Demon Hunter. I have way better Magic Resist passives (compare Superstition & Relentless to Perfectionist) and it's rare I have to worry about dying, where as on my Demon Hunter I still have to be careful about getting bursted down by some things even on T1.

I completely understand your frustration, but I'd recommend taking a break and when you feel like playing again, try another class than the DH.
05/17/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Eevee
Do you not understand that the whole point of this game is to literally grind your way to hopefully find those Bis items. Sure when you do it for weeks and you don't find it, it can be frustrating. But if you're not putting in the same time as other players and expect to have all your gg end game gear then you are playing the wrong game. if you find at least one upgrade in 10hours of play then that is lucky it doesn't even have to be one of the Bis items. If you can't handle the grind then you are playing the wrong game.

However when you log in on a Saturday morning and do RIF/bounties etc until 4pm the afternoon and did not get ONE SINGLE item thats remotely an upgrade and in the same time burn through 15 souls and several 1mil gold gems and about 2mil gold worth of re-rolls and don't see anything working out.

How do you not feel like it was a waste of time playing(working all day)
05/15/2014 10:30 PMPosted by Balean
1. I was a whiner because of Auction House, I Grind, nothing good. No choice but go to AH. Find decent affordable ones only.
2. Expansion comes boom, I get better Items, I become one of the higher dps in the group because I changed my gear to what I find and make it awesome.
3. I have a good set now, decent high damage and a few types of builds stored in stash.
4. The best part is enchanting, not the best but you can always make it better.
5. But I still grind to have the ultimate best, I know it will be long cause it will be the best.

It depends on each persons level of satisfaction.

I wanted a chill build but hey why not have another type while hunting for that.

No, you just hasn't hit a gear wall yet, some of the my unlucky friend had gone almost a month without upgrade, there was nothing they can do but to quit.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't believe this thread has gone on for 19 pages. Please look at OP's DH named "Loot Run". 5 Piece Marauder Set with a Calamity.

OP, I have to hand it to you for being such a perfect troll; well done sir.
I remember reading "we want you to think OK even though this might not be BiS it maybe cool to use" on legendary drops. Unfortunately, that's not the case, at all. You tricked me, good job.

Part sticks out to me. finding all these awful legs, i wouldn't mind if they added something, just some way of me switching up the way i play my class. Nope, they're bad "legendaries" with absolutely nothing legendary about them. Just another yellow item with bad stats that has a name that shows up in orange for some reason.
05/06/2014 08:01 AMPosted by DrSexxytime
I would also perhaps consider rolling a different class and gearing that up getting some more time/value from this product. Unfortunately, the tedium of this situation I'm in is making me think "no way I'm going through this all over again".

That and having nearly zero control over the loot you get thanks to class-specific stats. Make no mistake, they are the first thing to ruin this game. D2 didn't have Strength / Intellect / Dexterity; it had Vitality and Damage. So now because of that as well as required damage modifiers like IAS, CC, and CD, which results in some WoW Lite Theorycrafting Clusterf*ck, we need "smart loot." Smart loot that doesn't consistently drop, giving us absolutely no control over our progress. The only control we have is how many boring rifts we run to hope to god that the random number finally gives us something off a godd*mn trash mob.

This game is so dumb.
There are different communities you can be apart of
I help lower level characters level up and I add them to my friends list
05/17/2014 09:24 PMPosted by Lipe123
05/17/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Eevee

However when you log in on a Saturday morning and do RIF/bounties etc until 4pm the afternoon and did not get ONE SINGLE item thats remotely an upgrade and in the same time burn through 15 souls and several 1mil gold gems and about 2mil gold worth of re-rolls and don't see anything working out.

How do you not feel like it was a waste of time playing(working all day)

Look I know that the rate of upgrades would eventually slow down to the point where you can play a whole session and not see an upgrade or be able to upgrade your gear any further. Those things happens that is all part of what a Diablo game is all about. Then those sessions you should be focused on having fun killing the monsters. If you are only in it for the upgrades and not having fun slaughtering things then maybe you need a vacation from D3.
05/17/2014 11:09 PMPosted by minetaridge
There are different communities you can be apart of
I help lower level characters level up and I add them to my friends list

And this solves the painful, inconsistent hunt for level 70 gear how?
Bored of Item hunt ..really.. I played long hours to get the item for my build then after long wait when you got it..it gets nerfed in a lightening blaze patch..hunt starts again and again ..no interest in spending countless hours anymore ..
I hope everyone who agrees with OP has looked at his profile; 5p marauders, calamity, ice climbers
05/18/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Zevil
I hope everyone who agrees with OP has looked at his profile; 5p marauders, calamity, ice climbers
As soon as he complains and gets a lot of attention, blizzard changes the loot tables for him specifically. That's my conspiracy theory.
05/18/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Huah
05/18/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Zevil
As soon as he complains and gets a lot of attention, blizzard changes the loot tables for him specifically. That's my conspiracy theory.

No the only problem is that he complains then not long after he complains he gets the very drops he needs. Drops that he would've gotten if he didn't complain.