Monks Are Not Fine,A Desperate Plea【No More】

Monk
1 2 3 73 Next
Highly Rated
As 2.1.2 rolled out and season 2 is on the horizon, Monks became one of the best class and one of the most anticipated class for season 2

Thank you all for sticking with me throughout this ordeal

Thank you to the Blizzard Devs who gave Monk a chance

Sincerely

-XFC
I like how you don't even link the poll.
04/26/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Rognar
I like how you don't even link the poll.

Before http://strawpoll.me/1580005/r

After http://strawpoll.me/1580006/r
I agree with Xin, +1 for an informative post on the three biggest issues monks face. I fear though that dexterity/dodge and One With Everything are simply too "big" to fix, in particular One With Everything. Blizzard had all of the Reaper of Souls beta to try change it and remove monk's dependence upon it and all they did was change gear overall to try and balance it.

Spirit generators and spenders, along with sets are all easy fixes.
thank you Brock :D

and thank you Persona for helping with the link
CDR Fire Monk killing T6 Ghom in 37 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefPRHNnrZs

Demon Hunter killing T6 Ghom in 6 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F16X02VSnPI

Barbarian killing T6 Ghom in 14.3 seconds WITH JUST HIS ANCIENTS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqgjg9xC-g

Wizard in 18 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQHF4EqJ0dQ

Crusader videos are nothing but when Thorns was bugged, but it's no secret their single target isn't amazing, but I have seen what they can do with 6/6 set.

I've posted these videos in other threads and will continue to do so. The Monk in the video is running a no generator LTK spam build. There is no set bonus to power spike him and close the gap with other classes.

I'm sure somebody is going to come in here and say "Exploding Palm is OP!". Exploding Palm is a damage modifier on damage done. In order for EP to do damage the monster has to die. Very rarely is it the Monk triggering EP in the group.
Interesting poll.
It turns out that forcing people to be a zero dmg pull/palm support on higher torments =/= fun.
Unbelievable.
My monk is basically near BIS lightning and the dmg output is not even close to what other classes can do with equal quality of gear. LTK crits for roughly 35m while solo-ing but after about 5 casts im spirit starved, the sustained dmg is not even close to the other classes. We have to rely on epip to do any real dmg and even then the AOE effect LTK has is abysmal. A wd or barb would roll through t- 5/6 np with equivalent quality of gear. On a side note, please fix our laughable sets, the bonus they give is a joke. 100% wep dmg? I think thats on par with my follower dmg. Make these rare sets actually mean something, a game changing effect.
I agree with this post. Monks are not "fine" at all. The class needs some attention, especially in the area of damage dealing skills and class sets.
Yeah, pretty much agree 100%.

Our resource spenders are far lower damage than any comparable resource spender on other classes. Our primary lightning resource generator (Fists of Thunder) is significantly weaker than pre RoS, so much so it makes the following point much more impactful. Our set bonuses are significantly weaker than the other classes, especially Raiment of 1000 storms, whose 4 piece bonus and 6 piece bonus are complete jokes.

Not to mention that 2handers are essentially useless for our class (among others), including our signature monk weapon, the daibo, which has an entire set based around it's use.

This has been discussed, proven and shown in at least a dozen threads in the monk forums already.
You know what I never understood a daibo has two ends so it is essentially a twohander with the speed of a one hander, but I guess that is too difficult to master for the blizz team.
Great post. Bumping for support. Hopefully a blue will respond soon. Plenty of similar posts in the monk specific forums as well.
Correct, monks are not fine. Your sets are flat out awful, the one which could be decent doesn't work right.

Your damage does need a second look, and likely your resources as well.

And the less I say about Dex/dodge right now the better for my posting privileges.
+1.

Have full set of Raiment as well as Inna but I don't even bother using them. I Just mix two items from Raiment set for 500 dexterity and that's it.
I dont even understand their logic. They can clearly see it, clear as daylight, that the monks are underpowered and we are rendered to what we were pre-RoS in CotA farms, just "LF Pull Monk". We don't matter.

Ever since vanilla all we received was nerf after nerf after nerf. And if we by any chance had something good that we discovered, let's nerf that aswell.

Now we have really weak sets, and we are the weakest class in terms of single target dmg and sustained dmg in the game.

I have no clue why Blizzard decided to say that monks are fine, when its very obvious that they are not.

REDESIGN our (6) set from the Storm set. U can give it 10k% weapon dmg, it doesnt matter, the way the (6) activates is just a joke. We are supposed to face tank and unleash LTK/Bells and stuff not run and teleport to a target. What is that? And Fix Inna Pants jesus, they are so bad..
+1.

Would the devs take another critical look at the Monk pretty please?
CDR/Epiphany is the best way to regenerate spirit. Our spirit generators just suck especially when our spirit pool is 250+. Another alternative is to go with RCR. Point is we must use one of the other.

OP also need to mention the many bugged skills. LTK missing, mantras not working, etc.

Points #2 and #3 are the biggest problem for monks. Not only does dodge give monks a false sense of security (i.e. inflated toughness), it does nothing to mitigate ground effects. Innas set I only use to tank/support. I am one of those that is pigeonholed into using fire build with cinder, born and crimson. It's really sad that we can't use our own class sets like barbs and wds.
Honestly I think monks are fine. Wizards are broken though and need a buff bad.
04/26/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Brock
I agree with Xin, +1 for an informative post on the three biggest issues monks face. I fear though that dexterity/dodge and One With Everything are simply too "big" to fix, in particular One With Everything. Blizzard had all of the Reaper of Souls beta to try change it and remove monk's dependence upon it and all they did was change gear overall to try and balance it.

Spirit generators and spenders, along with sets are all easy fixes.

what were those beta testers doing? enjoying torment 1? Honestly I cant believe they missed the problems this class has.