Monks Are Not Fine,A Desperate Plea【No More】

Monk
Prev 1 23 24 25 73 Next
05/02/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Sio
05/02/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Luckedout
Look at my monks gear and build. With that (including using unity) I can clear t6 in less than 14 minutes solo every time.

Nah... you can't, even with the unity ring exploit... I don't know why you felt the need to came here to brag about your monks... the fire one is awesome, the light one is pretty normal...

05/02/2014 07:40 AMPosted by Luckedout
I mean please..... Monks are absolute beasts in t6 group play.... And we do the most dmg thru EP. Is it a support Role? Sure but it's also quite strong.

You are being carried in T6 buddy. What your group can achieve with you, they can do it too without you, just in a bit less smooth way. When you realise that, I guess your opinion might change...

Lol no disrespect but you have no clue about what your talking about and any monk who spends anytime in groups at t5 or t6 will agree. Cyclone strike, sanctuary (or serenity) with EP is HOW you fast clear t6. A good group will rely on monks EP 100 percent. This in combination with Innas set for group buffs and annihilation for speed means monks are not bing carried, not even a little bit. Sure we aren't the reason the first target or two dies, but we are the reason u can pull 3 t6 rare packs and kill them all in less than 5 seconds. If by less smooth you meant it takes them 2 more minutes to clear the rift without a monk, then we are just going to have to remain at odds because I don't know what else to say.

Edit: also I was citing my clear time with light not so much to brag but more as a point to that we can clear t6 content solo even outside of fotm fire. I don't view gear in this game as a measuring stick for skill.... It's time or exploit related and unworthy of my giant Johnson.
05/02/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Luckedout
Hmm I think this pretty much sums up the views of the monk community as a whole on the topic. What you have to realize is we are VERY strong in group play. So strong that I would say we are the best and first class you would want to bring to a t6 clear. Any other class can be subbed by another, but monks utility + EP dmg is irreplaceable.

That being said.... If we want more solo competitiveness we are going to have to lose some utility. Specifically in the form of EP dmg. Personally I would prefer to keep our utility and solo play the way it is, fix our sets and dodge mechanic, and I will just use groups to clear t6 in sub 8 minute runs. But I'm most likely in the minority in this view and that's ok... But the community needs to be aware of what it's asking for.

I agree that the dext and set bonuses are our biggest problems. I personally like OWE, yeah it makes it harder to get upgrades, but we wouldnt have any amount of all resist without it. It is arguably the best passive in the game and people complain because its too hard to accommodate.
05/02/2014 08:11 AMPosted by Luckedout
Lol no disrespect but you have no clue about what your talking about and any monk who spends anytime in groups at t5 or t6 will agree. Cyclone strike, sanctuary (or serenity) with EP is HOW you fast clear t6. A good group will rely on monks EP 100 percent.

This is true but that just emphasizes how much monks need help SOLO..

Our only good damage skill requires the creature to die beforehand is a pretty big problem.
Agree 100%

I feel that aside from having an SoJ I am doing the highest amount of dps that I can do right now without using EP. In order to match the damage of Witch Doctors Gargantuan - Wrathful Protector I would need to use LTK 10 times. Keep in mind this would only equal ONE hit from the WD Pet. Also keep in mind that WD also are able to put our more damage with their spells than a monk can and have about 20 little fetish pets which each one of those do about the same amount of damage as I would use using my spirit generator.

I will continue to play my Monk as I love monks and and hope that change will come. I just hope that it happens before I have moved on to a different game.
05/02/2014 08:38 AMPosted by GeNexis
Agree 100%

I feel that aside from having an SoJ I am doing the highest amount of dps that I can do right now without using EP. In order to match the damage of Witch Doctors Gargantuan - Wrathful Protector I would need to use LTK 10 times. Keep in mind this would only equal ONE hit from the WD Pet. Also keep in mind that WD also are able to put our more damage with their spells than a monk can and have about 20 little fetish pets which each one of those do about the same amount of damage as I would use using my spirit generator.

I will continue to play my Monk as I love monks and and hope that change will come. I just hope that it happens before I have moved on to a different game.

Comparing monks to WD right now in pure dmg may be abit extreme. They are without a doubt looking at nerfs soon... If not at 2.05 then at 2.1 . Your point remains the same as we are behind in pure dmg to all classes, but WD are clearly the front runners at the moment. Last night I was playing with streamer chainerfails in t6 clears and he was testing some builds. We were running 2x barb and myself until our 4th could log on. The WD increased the clear speed by an obscene amount. Granted not the best group comp to begin with but every time I see a WD do dmg I laugh. It's quite silly.
I think this will become apparent when the season starts. I will not be re-rolling a monk, that is 100% certain. I think the data from the season start will be telling of what classes are truly "broken".
+1 blizzard teams answers for patches n reasons are unbelievably hilarious.

Why they hire f***in morons to develop this awesome game ?

They ruin it for us dedicated gamers >.<

and Blue dont care about serious topics such as these
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504562284?page=8

Barbs get a blue response... It's about time to switch classes...

I would be overjoyed to see a blue say they understand Monk concerns and have been keeping an eye out on Monk discussions.
I figured out a monk fix. Transfer your gear to a DH viola now you can dps for solo play. Then when you feel like a tankier melee style support style back to the monk.
WTF? Blues will comment on a similar barb thread but no for Monks??

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504562284?page=8#146
Just quit monk and reroll a barb. IT'S BEEN PROVEN SO MANY TIMES THAT BLIZZ ONLY PLAYS BARB. They spent more time and effort designing the barb than monks.
To be fair, it took them 10 days to respond to that thread, so we should expect a response in another 5, lol.
Why are people expecting blues to comment to a thread that's not in general? It happens VERY rarely.

I'll eat my hat if this post in this thread.
Eight pages into a similar thread, only in the Barb subforum: Blue post.

Twenty-four pages into this thread: No blue post.

Think it's time to accept the fact that Blizzard just hates Monks and/or just doesn't have the motivation to actually fix their game.
05/02/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Piffle
Why are people expecting blues to comment to a thread that's not in general? It happens VERY rarely.

- This thread has originally been posted in the general forums but was moved to the monk forums
- Blues reply to threads in class specific forums frequently, except for the monk forum
05/02/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Messiah
Just quit monk and reroll a barb. IT'S BEEN PROVEN SO MANY TIMES THAT BLIZZ ONLY PLAYS BARB. They spent more time and effort designing the barb than monks.

Well since D3V came out I have been a diehard barb player (you can see on my profile), but I have always loved the Monk class and have always had a Monk as an alt. I really like barb, and have played it even when it was one of the worst classes out there, so I don't just ride the wave of the top class. When RoS came out, I decided that I was getting tired of playing a barb only, and figured it was time to main a Monk, looks like I made a bad decision :(
Hello, everyone

I wanted to make sure that you all know that we're keeping an eye on this thread. I don't have anything new to share about whats down the road as far as Monks go, but we're certainly keeping an eye on things. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback, and we really appreciate all of the constructive discussions.
05/02/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hello, everyone

I wanted to make sure that you all know that we're keeping an eye on this thread. I don't have anything new to share about whats down the road as far as Monks go, but we're certainly keeping an eye on things. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback, and we really appreciate all of the constructive discussions.

05/02/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Piffle

Better get to eating.
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!