Diablo 3 uninstalls itself

Technical Support
I attempted to install Diablo 3, and I was able to do so for about a day. When I logged back into the Battle.net launcher, the game had been uninstalled. After attempting to install it once more, the same thing happened. Is there any way to solve this?
Rigbuckets,

Are you sure it's actually being uninstalled? How and where are you installing it?

I am installing it to Program Files(x86)/Diablo 3 and I am certain it was uninstalled. I checked the folder which would contain the executables, but the folder was empty except for one file, "Diablo III.mfil." The battle.net launcher just showed the install button, and after I attempted to scan the game files, it said that the game was out of date. I have no idea what caused this, but I would like to get it fixed as it's happened twice already.
The second time this occurred was after I installed 12gb and paused the update to continue in the morning, but it said there was nothing installed.
Rigbuckets,

Were you able to get the game completely installed at any time? By that I mean were you able to play? I've never heard of anyone having a symptom like this where the game uninstalls itself. Someone would have to select that option from the Desktop App in order for it to be deleted and even then it doesn't leave behind any files. I just did it here at work on my system to be sure.

It sounds like Agent may be confused or corrupted on your system. It's responsible for maintaining the files and making sure they're up to date with what we've released currently.

Run through this support article's steps to remove your copy of the Agent files and get a new copy and then see if you still have problems.

Deleting Battle.net files

Rigbuckets, does anybody other than yourself have physical access to the computer or is remote desktop enabled? It sounds like somebody is clicking the Uninstall button in the Battle.net Desktop App and manually uninstalling your game.

But to check manually and find out where your game executable is, use Windows Search and do a search for "Diablo III.exe" without the quotes. If it does not appear anywhere, then somebody is manually uninstalling it via the Battle.net Desktop App and you need to find a way to secure the computer by creating different user accounts with separate passwords or logging out of your user account after having created a password for your own account.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
I am very sure that it is not being uninstalled by anyone else, I am the only person with access to my computer. I have reinstalled the battle.net app and so far it seems fine, but I'll post back if something happens.
Also, I was able to get the game fully installed the first day, then after I slept it was uninstalled in the morning. This has happened twice, but hopefully it's fixed.
Unfortunately it has happened again. I've reinstalled the Battle.net agent, and nothing seems to have happened. Very disappointed, three times this has happened and I've only played a few hours each time. Absolutely ridiculous that this should happen.
I've checked, and the files have just been removed.
it just happened to me, a few days ago steam uninstalled all of my games and so did battlefield 4 on origin... now diablo 3 on battlenet.

still trying to figure out what it is..
Just happened to me as well. Really not sure why... Weirdest thing that's happened to me so far.
same thing happened to me, i went to the shortcut and it says file does not exist, file folder is empty exempt for 1 text file "d3prefs". currently reinstalling the game.
08/22/2017 08:06 PMPosted by GOLDEAGLE
same thing happened to me, i went to the shortcut and it says file does not exist, file folder is empty exempt for 1 text file "d3prefs". currently reinstalling the game.

That folder is not where the game is installed, that is just where screenshots and your settings file is. Your game files are in Program Files, not My Documents.
game has uninstalled itself 2x now. Blizzard did something.
Locking this thread as its originally from 2014. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new thread or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion.

A Blizzard App update can sometimes cause this or when it doesn't have the proper permissions, it can cause issues with the updates. If this does occur, going through "Locate A Game" next to the play button or under Settings > Game Install/Updates and Scanning for the games should help.

If the problem does continue, it could be caused by a variety of issues depending on where the games are installed and if there may be different drives. Feel free to contact our Technical Support team or start a new thread.