Tal's + WoH + strongarm

Wizard
This combo seems pretty nice, I need to optimize gear more but it has good burst potential.
The main problem is how hard it is to fit in aughild's if you are using tal set and strongarm together.
05/06/2014 11:17 AMPosted by JackStraw
The main problem is how hard it is to fit in aughild's if you are using tal set and strongarm together.

I'm thinking of swapping the cinder out for it, getting 15% EB on chest + 30% strongarm should outweight Cindercoat.
Why tals?

5% elemental ?

100 AR ?

2 AP per second is worthless for WOW.

Meteors? Your forced to run different elemental skills to proc 8 second meteors?

Andy's / Strong arms + Aughild's Chest / Helm is the best compromise IMO.
Well the extra toughness from Tal's is real nice. Meteors do some decent damage for me atm also, around 10mil each meteor. Strongarm 30% damage also helps with the burst. I can drop illusionist and go EE with provides another 15% damage + 5% from Tals.

The thing is, I can't wear Andy because mine does not have socket. I certainly can go Aughild helm + shoulders with Strongarm, that's just basically comparing Cindercoat's extra 20% fire vs Tal's bonuses, I can also get 15% EB on chest which just makes it less point to wear Cinder. Maybe if I get a socket andy with crit, I can switch.

Edit: It certainly is a dps lost, I forgot to factor in the Witching Hour I had to drop. But the toughness and Vit I am gaining from it is massive, I need further testing to see if the Meteor from Tal is worth it. It is 10mil per proc on non-fire.
05/06/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Recon
Well the extra toughness from Tal's is real nice. Meteors do some decent damage for me atm also, around 10mil each meteor. Strongarm 30% damage also helps with the burst. I can drop illusionist and go EE with provides another 15% damage + 5% from Tals.

The thing is, I can't wear Andy because mine does not have socket. I certainly can go Aughild helm + shoulders with Strongarm, that's just basically comparing Cindercoat's extra 20% fire vs Tal's bonuses, I can also get 15% EB on chest which just makes it less point to wear Cinder. Maybe if I get a socket andy with crit, I can switch.

Gear path I listed should be BIS. The andy's is super hard to achieve since you need it to roll fire % and CC or socket. You would re-roll attack speed for CC or socket. Super hard to find.

In the event you do not have this andy's, your current set up is pretty standard. Aug helm/shoulder / cindy / strongarms.

You cant compare illusionist with EE. Your giving up survivability for DPS, while not really gaining any survivability.

If you can go something like:

Tals chest / ammy / OH
Aug shoulder / helm
Strongarms

If you have a mirrorball, everything gets thrown out the window.

Otherwise your going to have to give up one of the following....

1) tals 4pc
2) aughilds 3pc
3) strongarms

I'd love to work the 4 pc into a WoW build, but i'm not a fan of the meteors randomness at times, having to use different elements on an already "limited" skill bar selection.

For channeling builds definitely a must for the 2AP per second and easily to adjust skills for the meteors procs.

Just some thoughts.
05/06/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Recon
I need further testing to see if the Meteor from Tal is worth it. It is 10mil per proc on non-fire.

Napkin math:

Putting shower @ 10m

4x 10m @ 8 seconds = 5 mil EDPS

* this is if it hits the same target and not a box or crate.
Boozor nailed it. Currently I run Tal's ammy + OH because I haven't found a mirrorball yet or an ammy with % fire, CC + CD. Once I find either the offhand or an ammy with those stats I will be dropping the tal's gear in a heartbeat.
Yea I understand what you trying to say, and I do agree. However, like I said it is basically comparing Cinder vs Tal's 4 set for my situation. Going Aug helm + shoulder + strongarm + cinder vs going Aug chest + shoulder + strongarm + tals. 20% cinder (since we don't really care about resource reduction) vs 15% EB + Tals set.

In a perfect situation I'm sure a nice Andy + cinder would out benefit Tals, but since most people can't acquire a perfect Andy, wouldn't it make more sense to go with Tals instead of Cinder? Just a thought
05/06/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Recon
Yea I understand what you trying to say, and I do agree. However, like I said it is basically comparing Cinder vs Tal's 4 set for my situation. Going Aug helm + shoulder + strongarm + cinder vs going Aug chest + shoulder + strongarm + tals. 20% cinder (since we don't really care about resource reduction) vs 15% EB + Tals set.

In a perfect situation I'm sure a nice Andy + cinder would out benefit Tals, but since most people can't acquire a perfect Andy, wouldn't it make more sense to go with Tals instead of Cinder? Just a thought

Andys + Cindy is most likely not the best route imo, b/c losing strongarms is a pretty big loss as is aughilds, so I would gear around those requirements.

Well your comparing 1 pc cindy to 4pc tals

What are the other pieces and stats you have to give up to runs tals?

It could also be the case where the items your tals pieces are replacing are just not at the same level in which case of course tals upgrade would be good.
05/06/2014 11:39 AMPosted by Boozor
Napkin math:

Putting shower @ 10m

4x 10m @ 8 seconds = 5 mil EDPS

* this is if it hits the same target and not a box or crate.

Is that the right way to look at it though? 5m eDPS doesn't sound that great, but 40m free burst to open up on a pack that's going die in 5 seconds is pretty cool.

No tal's here, maybe it is pretty lackluster, I just really want it to be good lol. Tal Rasha's Guardianship was my first green, always love it, really want a new chest to try to make it work.
Well I am replacing a 17%fire 8.5 CC 87 CHD (ammy) and a 46CHD Witching hour / Harrington. I know it's a huge dps lost, but I would gain way more toughness. I guess I just wanted to try this out, because I can't craft a damn INT VIT CC Socket Aug helm, arghh.

Edit: I can justify the 17% fire with 700+ Vit from Tals, and stats wise is the same with Tal's belt vs Harrington, minus the unique afflix. That's why I felt it was just comparison between Cinder and Tals.
To me it's really a few options:

1) Aug helm + shoulder; Cinder; Strongarms; String / Harrington / WH

2) Andy helm; Aug shoulder & chest; Strongarms; String / Harrington / WH

3) Aug helm + shoulder; BT chest and belt; Strongarms

4) Andy helm; Aug shoulder & bracers; Cinder; String / Harrington / WH

5) Andy helm; Aug shoulder & bracers; BT chest & belt

Strongarm is a must IMO. Huge damage boost. As for the rest, honestly given that BT can roll EB damage and you get the elite +/- 10%, it's better than Cinder alone. But if you have a nice String or other belt, probably not worth the trade.

So it comes down to Andy vs. Cinder...can't have both.
Ummm I'm almost positive the best is

Augs helm+Shoulders
Cindy
Strongarm
BTs Pants+Belt
with Firebirds boots+OH
Fire % Ammy
Magefist
RORG and SOJ

That will give you the optimal defense with damage
You miss out on the 10% CDR from captains and cant run harrington/string with the above setup though
your CDR can still get above 50% and you get the elite % defense and damage, harrington and string don't outweigh that
05/06/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Rocky
Ummm I'm almost positive the best is

Augs helm+Shoulders
Cindy
Strongarm
BTs Pants+Belt
with Firebirds boots+OH
Fire % Ammy
Magefist
RORG and SOJ

That will give you the optimal defense with damage

And you miss out on Captain's crimson's bonuses which is amust if you want to skip ring loops for CDR.
where would cpt crims go? I mean isnt BTs required as well for defense purposes?
05/06/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Boozor
Why tals?

5% elemental ?

100 AR ?

2 AP per second is worthless for WOW.

Meteors? Your forced to run different elemental skills to proc 8 second meteors?

Andy's / Strong arms + Aughild's Chest / Helm is the best compromise IMO.

Pretty easy way to proc 4 meteors without compromising skills. I currently run 4 piece tals with fire damage being my main. I have, 20% Soj, 16% bracers, 18% ammy, 10% triumv +5% tal rasha bonus.

I run EE with cold blooded passive giving me 20-40% extra bonus damage (we will say 20% for 2 elemental proc from EE).

I use blizzard for cold (rune where it only costs 13ap) This slows, procs meteor and adds me 15% dmg from EE and cold blooded

I use familiar with weapon dmg rune

Blackhole is arcane to proc arcane

My main damage is shock pulse with fire rune and meteor shower.

My setup wouldn't be that much different if I ran full fire, Instead of arcane rune I would use fire for blackhole and instead of blizzard I would use something else that I would cast far less often and wouldn't give me cold-blooded passive.

I have plenty of toughness for T5 and t4 is a breeze. I have yet to try t6 but would need one or two more solid pieces to have the toughness for it.
@ Sopwnd

You are totally missing the point.
This is about building around a WoW. You don't use/have a WoW.