Tal's + WoH + strongarm

Wizard
05/07/2014 02:54 AMPosted by Motions
@ Sopwnd

You are totally missing the point.
This is about building around a WoW. You don't use/have a WoW.

you're right. I do actually have a wand of Woh but rolled crappy so I don't use it.
05/07/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Sopwnd
@ Sopwnd

you're right. I do actually have a wand of Woh but rolled crappy so I don't use it.

Crappy Woh is definitely still worth using
05/07/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Sopwnd
@ Sopwnd

You'll have to show off just how crappy this WoW is.
So your saying to make the build perfect you want Augs and CC's with strongarms, RORG, and SOJ.

So no BT at all?
bump
i got a strongarm with 20% fire 6% CC low int/vit with 20% pushback (lowest)

not sure if its worth using over my current bracer which i think is super good
Although i don't use WoW (haven't found one yet)

I used to use the tal 4 piece set, it was cool and fun at the beginning. But even with 3/4 meteors(TF, arcane skills, sparkflint) it just wasn't good enough for me to lose out on using MLW, and blackthornes for chest/belt. Then I found harringtons and strongarms, and these items outperform tal set by quite a lot.

However I did find a nicely rolled tal offhand today, so now i have every piece, but I still can't figure out how i'm going to go about fitting it in as i'd have to give up some big pieces for it

Andys/Aughild/Strongarm/MLW/Harringtons would be the pool out of which i'd have to decide to give up for tal set, don't really mind losing the cosmic strand.
I'm doing Tal's with Woh, and enjoying it. I have all 4 elements covered anyway, all serving a useful purpose in my build, so I didn't hurt myself at all getting it. The extra meteor damage is pretty low, but it does help with EE uptime, and it does help me kill trash a bit faster. Vs bosses the meteors might as well not be there, but oh well.

With my setup, the main thing I lose by going Tal's is string of ears, since I'm using tal's belt. You can see my setup in my profile if you like. I use and like this setup for T5 farming. For T6 I go back to cindercoat + string of ears.
This is my take on a good WoW build.

WoW
Firebird eye
Andy's
Cinder
Strongarm
Magefist
Witching Hour
Ring of Royal
Soj

Shoulder's Leg's Feet and Ammy are optional, Aim for Fire%, Int, Crit or Crit dmg% and CDR for your ammy. Attack speed is pointless for a WoW build so roll it into more formidable stat's.With the Boot's/shoulder's/leg's, you can add a few more Firebird's or w/e you want.
There's a possible 140% bonus fire dmg here, not to mention EB% you can obtain on the sorce/Chest/Ect. Get your CDR high enough to being that 6 second cd to a 4-3 sec.

I'm not fortunate enough to find the pieces to this build, so I'm stuck with that I have.
saveandexit, that's not a very good build. you're wasting the RoRG since you don't even use any sets. Strongarm, andy, and cinder means you can't run aughild's. If you use firebird's eye you probably are going to run pants or boots for the 500 int bonus. That means only 1 slot left and no other set can fit there. you should probably drop cindercoat for aughild's and witching hour for crimson (pants+belt = crimson, or BT's).
Or you could.. not use strongarms. I used them for a long time, but finally gave them up as I felt on t6 runs, things were dieing before I even got to the proc. Gave up blackhole as well in favor of full time safe passage. I use archon and often strongarms were not doing anything for me, and I'd rather have the added mit. And don't miss either.

Now I understand tals meteors are not the best, but I just enjoy them, so I added them into my build. My focus is mit and facetanking, and it's been working pretty well since moving away from bh and strongarms.

Don't get me wrong, strong arms are nice, but they are not mandatory by any means
Replace Tals with Aug. Tals is fun to look at, has neat effect visually, but it's not practical in T4 and up.
Its what I am using right now. running this on T6. 14 mil toughness 1.1 mil dps. Triumverate is good for multi elemntal meteors.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jormugrand-6717/