super mobile dh build

Demon Hunter
wanted to create a build that just jumps around everywhere to deal damage

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UifdSV!ZXWe!cbaaZa

came up with this, tell me what you think, I possibly went a little overboard on the mobility but a few runes and passive changes might bring it into line

things I think are really core on this build after playing it is strafe and vault with the action shot rune, they really give it a super mobile feel of never having to stop moving
Thanks Vash for a good mobile build. It covers ground very fast and works well for normal split bounties. I made a few tweeks to make a slightly slower, more damaging build for higher difficulties.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UfdSOe!WZfb!cbbcZc

The primary changes is using FoK with the rune to convert it into a hatred spender, which allows you to move at full speed while unleashing a medium-strong attack in groups of mobs. (Replaces Strafe, which slows you while channeling.) Along with using Chakram - Shuriken Cloud, which damages things as you walk past them, and Vengeance - Dark Heart, which serves the same purpose, for extra damage on elite packs.

Blood Vengeance (Passive) is also a critical piece for this build, as FoK can drain Hatred rather quickly, while BV allows health globs to restore hatred to fuel more FoK spends. (Blood Vengeance pairs well with Reaper's Wraps for this build as well, and Sash of Knives with recommended for the FoK damage increase).
I would recommend using Warzechian bracers on OP's build. Those bursts of speed when you hit things makes a big difference specially when added with Hot Pursuit movement speed bonus.

And also everyone's favorite Denetta's Set for infinite Vault

And when 2.1 comes out you might want to consider Shadow 4 set for permanent Shadow Power - Shadow Glide.

If you want to give your strafe more punch check my profile's Strafe build for equipment ideas.
07/24/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Alvy

I'm screwing up how to infinite Vault in 2.1 with Denetta's Set, any tips? (^^)

07/24/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Tyranastros
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UfdSOe!WZfb!cbbcZc

Just a reminder, there is a new quiver that can turn Charkram to generate Hatred.
Hot Pursuit + Strafe + Tactical advantage is kinda overkill.

If its low level farming, I'll stick to Pursuit with perms-strafe (using your disc for punishment instead). Vault can work with double danetta's in another build.

The reason being the bracers that gives movement speed on destruction. Both skills trigger it very well.

My current build (if you check soon), is just strafe+pursuit with all the DPS support skills. Will be my key farmer and 1-20 Grift farmer. (sub T4 in 2.06, probably 4 in 2.1.)
07/24/2014 06:28 PMPosted by WCLee

Just a reminder, there is a new quiver that can turn Charkram to generate Hatred.

I'm not sure about this. The chances of someone using Chakram as a generator while stacking other spenders is very low. The only efficient variant I can think of is Chakram/Spike Trap/Sentry outside of M4/M6.... just about any other spam build should use Holy Point with a 6 generator.

- Pure chakram players will likely prefer the 20% elemental damage quiver.
- M6 will use Nutsack, which means Krider has the advantage for generators.
07/24/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Wilson
Vault can work with double danetta's in another build.
Action Shot basically demands its own build because you don't want to gear for it the same way you gear for Strafe at all, with the exception of a few common items and skills (e.g. Warzechian Armguards or Hot Pursuit).

Both are very fun skills though. I just wish both were better supported with items.
Join "Speed Hacks: community for fastest normal bounties/frags
07/24/2014 06:28 PMPosted by WCLee
07/24/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Alvy

I'm screwing up how to infinite Vault in 2.1 with Denetta's Set, any tips? (^^)

I think some just hold down the button down to continually activate Vault which does deplete hatred quickly. I myself I activate vault wait for the Tactical Advantage (since I always have this passive when using Danetta) to wear off then activate vault again. Rinse and repeat. This gives your hatred regen enough time to replenish the minor usage of Vault.
^ Yep, pressing down Vault is not that good. Tactical Advantage is great and also lets you turn corners and navigate those twisty caverns. That's all the speed you need and when you switch to a non perma vault toon it feels like your DH is moving through molasses.
3.5 min Solo Bounty run :)
http://youtu.be/T27wz2Ay9Uc

I just looked at Jeffry's profile... it seems I made a video of the exact build he's been using for his "speed hack" runs :) Except he's lucky enough to have hexing pants... and I forgot all about shadow glide!

Infinite vault is much easier with pride fall... you can also use sash of knives for RCR in addition to paragon and other slots.
07/25/2014 09:18 AMPosted by khoaker
3.5 min Solo Bounty run :)
http://youtu.be/T27wz2Ay9Uc

I just looked at Jeffry's profile... it seems I made a video of the exact build he's been using for his "speed hack" runs :) Except he's lucky enough to have hexing pants... and I forgot all about shadow glide!

Infinite vault is much easier with pride fall... you can also use sash of knives for RCR in addition to paragon and other slots.

Join the community, your build is not too bad.

Edit: I think I have seen you in game before...
I've been running two builds on PTR. A shadow set perma glide strafe build. Super fast. Only good up to about T3. I use lightning element at 73% with 700% damage wreath of lightning gem. My other set is a plodding marauder set up. Good for closing out higher GRifts for gem upgrades. I like playing the two sets. Keeps it fresh.