This drop rate feels a little more natural to be honest

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 46 Next
The game us more exciting now. It makes me want to keep playing. I had trouble not just doing one more rift all day today. That's how the game should feel. Also, as others have said, the increased soul supply finally makes enchanting feel natural , and not silly prohibitive and expensive. Gameplay is drastically improved from this one change, it'll be a shame when it goes away.
I was glued to the monitor yesterday, couldnt stop playing.
I have to agree. We did some rift runs for a few hours last night and drop rates felt pretty good. Keep in mind that majority of the drops were crap anyway. I was thinking to myself if I had to go cycle through this many crap legs on a normal basis with the normal drop rates it will literally take forever and a day to get my sets completed.

Sidenote: If Kadala gives me another Hammer Jammer, Depth Digger or Blackthorne. I swear on all that is holy, I am sacrificing her to the next head demon in charge. I can't take her crap anymore. Every time she gives on of those items I feel like I got rickrolled. I wish I could edit the game files to have a quick rickroll clip come on when those drop in my bag.
05/15/2014 10:42 AMPosted by EdgeOfThorns
I haven't even gotten that many legs, however....I think for how many crap items we get in general, that this drop rate isnt to far fetched to be as a norm.

Just my personal opinion.

Agreed. For the first time since the Friends and Family beta the game actually feels like a game and not a lifetime dedication.

Of course Streamers and people who play 10+ hours a day are going to say that the droprates are too high, but really that's their own damned fault for focusing on efficiency instead of just trying to have fun with the game.

If this buff were to be left in I'd be more inclined to play several classes and would probably have fun doing it. Right now THIS feels like a great game, and it only took something as simple as making things more accessible.

Team 3 would be wise to learn something from this.
I really feel the same way. With the amount of random rolls a legendary can have, getting them this often doesn't make them a let down when they are crap because you know you'll get another in 10 minutes.
05/16/2014 05:14 AMPosted by dasein
nope, definitely too high. droprate was fine where it was at

One look at your gear confirms what I thought "He probably has a complete set and other nice gear"
Honestly I don't get the whole droprate concern anyway. Its RNG.. 99% of what you find will be crap.. whether that is 99% of 50 legendaries a week or 100 legendaries a week, what does it matter ? It only matters for people playing 8 hours a day getting far far more legendaries..
If items had more than 4 affixes (like... 7)imagine how long it would take to gear up.

Ages.

Ages of having fun.

There would be trillions of combinations to roll.

Leave the buffed drop rate, increase affixes to 7 and SHAZAM game fixed.
05/15/2014 01:26 PMPosted by bjornh
No, this feels over the top. I`m saying this based on having done a lot of rifts, getting a lot of legendaries with this buff. It`s too much. If anything, this only shows that the regular drop rate is closer to what it should be. Work could instead be done on improving the existing legendaries rather than buffing the drop rates.

Ok... Gotta call you out again. You admitted to MULTIBOXING in another thread while saying drops are too high. Of course your getting a lot of legendary's and it feels too high to you. Your playing more than one toon.
You get people who complain they dont get any legs, they have a week with increase drop rates and now people complain the drop rate is to high...really
and for the record....

I had a blast last night. My wife was angry since I would not get off the computer but for once I had an amazing time playing.
05/15/2014 01:36 PMPosted by EdgeOfThorns
Where its at now, feels right. It doesn't feel over the top at all, that to me is ridiculous. Ive ran numerous rifts still without a nice upgrade since the buff , but I got a few more souls.

Agreed.

Who the hell cares if some no-lifer completes a set within a week. Their goal shifts from completing a set to completing a more perfect set.

I'd be happy if I could even find a set. Granted I'm getting about 10-12 Legendaries per hour but 90% of them are just terrible drops. Out of all of those I only found one piece of Vyrs. However, I did find a really nicely rolled Cindercoat and I may even go fire now.

The difference between the standard gear and the stupidly expensive high end gear in D2 was so astronomically small. If these people get bored because they have these "awesome" pieces of gear then strive to complete even more perfect versions.

Right now RNG doesn't feel cruel and your played time actually feels rewarding. These build changers are finally starting to feel like build changers because you're finding more pieces that help sway your opinion.

That Magefist, Cindercoat, Razor Strop, and Burning Axe of Sankis is really calling my name right now telling me to play with fire. I might just do it.

This is what Diablo should be about. Encouraging people to go out and try different things. If you're bored because you're no-lifing the game and you think you have uber amazing gear go play a damned season.

I mean look, those people are already not playing the game anymore because they're burnt out. The rest of us are burnt out because the game doesn't feel rewarding. You have people getting burnt out on both ends of the spectrum. I will say this though, if this game was like this full time I would actually play it.

If this stays, then the game will be much better.

If it's removed, people won't want to play.

Blizz would be smart to listen to the players on this.
05/16/2014 06:55 AMPosted by LocknLoad
Good drop rate.

05/16/2014 06:55 AMPosted by LocknLoad
Good drop rate.

I know for damned sure I won't be playing once it's removed. I'll go back to Heroes.

Feels soooooo close to the Friends and Family beta wouldn't you agree!?

(Hi BTW)
05/16/2014 06:54 AMPosted by AXEINGAR
and for the record....

I had a blast last night. My wife was angry since I would not get off the computer but for once I had an amazing time playing.

^Same here. I was playing in a party with just me and my brother and it was staring to get late and both of us kept asking, "Should we do another?" and it kept going. It felt like a game that you didn't want to walk away from again. The addiction kicked in last night.
05/16/2014 06:57 AMPosted by Drothvader
I know for damned sure I won't be playing once it's removed.

I agree Droth.

I won't play with the old drop rates; not after feeling what the game

can really be like.....
My clan and I agree that the game definitely feels rewarding for the first time in a long time. I think if Blizzard actually made more legendaries interesting and useful (rather than glorified rares), I wouldn't mind if the drop rate was lower. However, with the current quality of legendaries I feel like the drop rate with the buff is exactly where it should be.
05/16/2014 06:55 AMPosted by Drothvader
This is what Diablo should be about. Encouraging people to go out and try different things. If you're bored because you're no-lifing the game and you think you have uber amazing gear go play a damned season.

I mean look, those people are already not playing the game anymore because they're burnt out. The rest of us are burnt out because the game doesn't feel rewarding. You have people getting burnt out on both ends of the spectrum. I will say this though, if this game was like this full time I would actually play it.

This.

Its not like the game has a hidden auto-uninstall script when i complete a set.

In fact, this would be the moment when the fun starts for me.

I really cannot find a logical reason for not having good drop rates. Its a single player game, for gods sake.

Are there ladders? no.
PvP? No.
Can you even show off your E-Peen in general chat rooms like in D2? No.

I'd rather start feeling bored in a few months with my characters being all geared up instead of quitting in a week because its taking me 2 hours to find a legendary that turns out to be a 2 handed axe for my wizard.
im getting 3-4 per rift T5 (less than 10 min runs) , seems fine since most legs are garbage.