Colours for Communities! And other great ideas.

General Discussion
Blizzard, will you please let us select different colors for different communities in chat?

[edit]
I've compiled some of the other ideas and opinions we've gathered in this thread so far:

Yes please! The whole chat system needs a bit of love. More customisability... adding timestamps, changing the background colour, changing chat box size, removing clan tag from chat, fixing the bugs from using different-sized font...

- BUG: Maximum community post content is 128 chars (but according to tooltip it's 250 chars) - Error 319022
- Posts should have two dates - created and modified, should be ordered on board by creation date
- Posts that were unpinned should be moved to position according to creation date
- BUG: Message filters (checked/unchecked) are not saved after logout (I really don't want to see any messages on MOTD updates and I want it persistent)
- Older community posts are... where? Dunno? Vanished... :(
- BUG: Rooster... I know that it will be hard to show all players (for communities with 5000 players, but there should be at least search box to find players)
- Black/ban list please
- More ranks/permissions groups (at least 5)
- Diablo III web support for communities/clans (it is great place to show all posts and many more)

Hardly 20 people appear on the roster of the "expected" 100 minimum. and most of them are offline members the roster chose to show. If a limited number can be shown, at least online members should take priority on that list.

And some way to make community mods/admins more distinctive from other community members would be appreciated. Just italic would suffice.

BUG: Rooster... I know that it will be hard to show all players (for communities with 5000 players, but there should be at least search box to find players)

The entire 'roster' section needs an overhaul.

Let us, as 'leaders/officers' of a community see exactly who's in it. And show all members, not a random selection. Let us sort them in various manners. I (as officer) wanna be able to check when folks were active in the chat last, and when they joined the community chat last (there's a difference!).
- We have a lot of 'snipers' in our community and we wanna get rid of them, that why I wanna sort by 'last active in chat'.
- And we have a lot of members that joined once, have no idea how communities work and have never rejoined the chat, I wanna see who they are and give them a courtesy whisper to remind them how to join the chat, that's why I wanna sort by 'last joined chat'.

Let there be a way to 'mark' certain members, for when they received a warning. Or introduce a warning system. An officer can warn someone, that person gets a mark only officers can see on the roster, or even in the chat, if that person goes wrong again, it's easy to see if it happened before and ban him. Make a warned person appear 'italic' in the chat for officers. Or just their name.
Also it would be nice to sort the roster by join date, just to check who was member 600, or 700.
Let the roster also show former members and if they were banned or if they left themselves.

- Black/ban list please

This should've been a feature when you introduced communities.

In every way the roster in it's current state is a joke. It makes running a large, very active community neigh impossible.

One more thing...
Make a warned person appear 'italic' in the chat for officers. Or just their name.

If a warned person should appear in italic for an officer in the chat, then...

And some way to make community mods/admins more distinctive from other community members would be appreciated. Just italic would suffice.

Make mods (or just their name) appear in bold in the chat for everyone in it.

So when a community chat reaches 100 active chatters, a new chat is created and people get redirected there? Nope! Not having that!
Raise the limit for active members in community chat now Blizz. Now!

What is most sour, is that you can change the colours on every chat group blizzard provides.
The class chats, looking for group, HC, PvP & Trade groups can all get their own colour, but not communities.

And speaking of the groups, PvP & trade chat? I didn't really notice them before, but seriously? why are there chat groups for that.
And what the hell is "Yell". It's not the things you can make your char say with the num. keys. That's "quest dialogue" and shows up in the 'quest dialogue' colour. I have never seen a 'Yell" in the game.

Is this really so hard to change? Is this really that unimportant that even though several folks mentioned that this deserves a reaction, we still have gotten none? I didn't request the sticky, but I agree it should be sticked. Stickied?

Changing the colour of each community would be such a QoL improvement, it's almost insane it wasn't implemented when communities were launched.

And I changed the thread title.
[/edit]
Approved!
Yes please, it is currently almost impossible to be in two communities at the same time.
Yes, please
this would be awesome >.< i currently in 5 different community's to find groups to do bountys / rifts.

once conversation hits one of them. it becomes very hard to keep track of what is what.
Great idea. I would love such a feature!
+100 for that awesome idea!
This would be a great improvement to the Community system!
+1
04/28/2014 06:29 AMPosted by darkvoid
you can be in more then one clan?

Not 'clan', but 'community'. :D
Yes please! The whole chat system needs a bit of love. More customisability... adding timestamps, changing the background colour, changing chat box size, removing clan tag from chat, fixing the bugs from using different-sized font...
04/28/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Sarah

+1
This option would be VERY useful. Without it I'm limited to one community chat.

Additional changes/fixes:
- BUG: Maximum community post content is 128 chars (but according to tooltip it's 250 chars) - Error 319022
- Auto join to chat(s) that player was connected to upon logout (really? no option?)
- Posts should have two dates - created and modified, should be ordered on board by creation date
- Posts that were unpinned should be moved to position according to creation date
- BUG: Message filters (checked/unchecked) are not saved after logout (I really don't want to see any messages on MOTD updates and I want it persistent)
- Older posts are... where? Dunno? Vanished... :(
- BUG: Rooster... I know that it will be hard to show all players (for communities with 5000 players, but there should be at least search box to find players)
- Black/ban list please
- More ranks/permissions groups (at least 5)
- Diablo III web support for communities/clans (it is great place to show all posts and many more)
Hardly 20 people appear on the roster of the "expected" 100 minimum. and most of them are offline members the roster chose to show. If a limited number can be shown, at least online members should take priority on that list.
And some way to make community mods/admins more distinctive from other community members would be appreciated. Just italic would suffice. But absolutely no priority compared to the things m'colleagues HB & Celes mentioned above.
Would be great, if you'll take all that in consideration, Blizzard.
Bump. Now the forums are very active, lot's of folks will see this.
I approve this idea.
Different colors will make community-life easier!
04/29/2014 01:50 AMPosted by HorriblyBlue
BUG: Rooster... I know that it will be hard to show all players (for communities with 5000 players, but there should be at least search box to find players)

The entire 'roster' section needs an overhaul.

Let us, as 'leaders/officers' of a community see exactly who's in it. And show all members, not a random selection. Let us sort them in various manners. I (as officer) wanna be able to check when folks were active in the chat last, and when they joined the community chat last (there's a difference!).
- We have a lot of 'snipers' in our community and we wanna get rid of them, that why I wanna sort by 'last active in chat'.
- And we have a lot of members that joined once, have no idea how communities work and have never rejoined the chat, I wanna see who they are and give them a courtesy whisper to remind them how to join the chat, that's why I wanna sort by 'last joined chat'.

Let there be a way to 'mark' certain members, for when they received a warning. Or introduce a warning system. An officer can warn someone, that person gets a mark only officers can see on the roster, or even in the chat, if that person goes wrong again, it's easy to see if it happened before and ban him. Make a warned person appear 'italic' in the chat for officers. Or just their name.
Also it would be nice to sort the roster by join date, just to check who was member 600, or 700.
Let the roster also show former members and if they were banned or if they left themselves.

04/29/2014 01:50 AMPosted by HorriblyBlue
- Black/ban list please

This should've been a feature when you introduced communities.

In every way the roster in it's current state is a joke. It makes running a large, very active community neigh impossible.