How to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur - RoRG

Wizard
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
"Junger Rules" community focused on this method is at around 30 members now. The more people join, the easier to find these runs without having to convince all your friends to do it this way, lol.
05/16/2014 01:32 AMPosted by rngesus
"Junger Rules" community focused on this method is at around 30 members now. The more people join, the easier to find these runs without having to convince all your friends to do it this way, lol.

tried talking my friends into it and they gave me the old tinfoil hat responses.

#whybotheraskingfriends.gif

JOIN THE COMMUNITY FOLKS!
After ~2000 caches and no RoRG, I was desperate and tried this Junger shenanigans. I collected 19 caches according to Jungers rules. Opened them all and got ZERO legs. Not even a Ammy or Bracer. I call Bu!1$h!t on this one...

I'm now at 2113 bounties and still no RoRG.
^^ I wasn't at the number of caches you were, but I'd be glad to hop in a game and go through the process w/ you in hopes of boosting your odds. I got 2 at the same time after using this method. I was on my 723rd run when I opened the caches.

Like I said on my prev post, I'm not 1 for tin-foiling, but it worked for me so I'm not arguing/complaining w/ the process.
I did 4 caches solo in a T3 game last night. Got 1 leg (no ring). Did about 25 caches in 1.5 hours with 3 other people, in a Normal game. During that time, I had 1 plan drop, and one set of nemesis bracers about 15 minutes before the end. No legs at all in that batch. :/
You guys know there is no guarantee right ?

People that don't find it after a couple caches are talking like its a guarantee after a certain amount of bags or something.

At the end of the day your at the mercy of RNG and Junger is just sharing his "tactics"

His career average based on his profile is roughly 40 bags per RORG. The sample size worth considering as well @ over 700 bags. It is still "short term" though.

This is miles ahead of anyone else I've seen. Yes it can be RNG in his favor, hence no guarantee but the idea behind the tinfoil is at least sane enough to apply without feeling like you lost your mind.
I collected about 60 total cache bags yesterday with some friends who were open-minded enough to try the rules. Majority of the bags were a1, but I did a few arounds of A1-A5 clear as well.

We did our best to minimize in game drops as laid out in the rules. I have NEVER had as many legendaries come out of cache bags as I did yesterday. In the past, I would often go 20 bags with out a single legendary.

Yesterday, I found 4 Sanguinary bracers, 1 skeleton king's pauldrons, 1 Gorget of Leoric amulet, some strange 2H weapon that did dmg equivalent to life after kill, a Trifecta Shrine gloves (never had one before), VERY nice rolled helltrapper hand crossbow, and last but not least, 2 RoRG, one with base 44 CHD that is now a trifecta.

Maybe it's all a coincidence, but honestly why not give it a shot? I forgot to mention the caches also dropped several regulary legendaries like skull grasp, custerian bracers and such.
If you find a legendary before the 1 hour window, what do you do? Do you open the bags at the hour mark anyway or wait until youve gone a full hour without a legendary? (doing normal and got one ring at the hour mark)

EDIT: Rephrased question

Also: Just opened the 6 bags I gathered and got 3 legendaries, no rrog but 3 out of 6? damn. So I guess open them at the hour mark regardless?
05/16/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Rennac
If you find a legendary before the 1 hour window, what do you do? Are the bags you gathered trash, or do you just go another hour and hope to not get a legendary drop? (doing normal and got one ring at the hour mark)

EDIT: Just opened the 6 bags I gathered and got 3 legendaries, no rrog but 3 out of 6? damn. So I guess open them at the hour mark regardless?

I just kept going. I found a lot of legendaries while cache farming due to the 100% bonus buff.
Got a ring in 2 hours, but still wondering about my above question.

05/16/2014 01:47 PMPosted by PwrdOff
If you find a legendary before the 1 hour window, what do you do? Are the bags you gathered trash, or do you just go another hour and hope to not get a legendary drop? (doing normal and got one ring at the hour mark)

EDIT: Just opened the 6 bags I gathered and got 3 legendaries, no rrog but 3 out of 6? damn. So I guess open them at the hour mark regardless?

I just kept going. I found a lot of legendaries while cache farming due to the 100% bonus buff.

Did you open them at the hour mark even if a legendary dropped or waited till you went an hour without one?
Definitely worth a try.. Got 2 RORGs from about 20 runs.
Will keep going till I get 1 that can be rolled into a tri...
request sent to the junger rules community =)
Is there a Junger Rules EU server community? Anyone else for starting one?
All requests accepted.

05/16/2014 11:14 PMPosted by MrPetrov

No, afaik, why not make one yourself?
05/17/2014 04:01 AMPosted by rngesus
All requests accepted.

05/16/2014 11:14 PMPosted by MrPetrov

No, afaik, why not make one yourself?

Done! Junger Rules EU is now running and open to the public.

Petrov.
05/16/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Rennac
Got a ring in 2 hours, but still wondering about my above question.

Did you open them at the hour mark even if a legendary dropped or waited till you went an hour without one?

The more caches with Junger Rules the better your chances IMO. The 1 hour mark is just kind of a minimum benchmark for doing this.

Also try to do at least T2 right now, the loot buffs are just too good and if you have decent gear, there is not much difference in clear speed.

Good luck everyone!
Sent a request, I'm tired of not finding that ring, lets try something else.

Thanks.
Anyone interested in trying Act1 runs with me with these rules? Preferably T1/2/3 for faster clear times? Let me know, Kieble #1634
05/17/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Kieble
Anyone interested in trying Act1 runs with me with these rules? Preferably T1/2/3 for faster clear times? Let me know, Kieble #1634

There is a community called "Junger Rules" you could join.